***Official May 2023 Thread***

I heard there are these bugs called Love Bugs that come out in May. And apparently they come out in swarms! How bad are they in the parks? Is there anything you can do to keep them from coming to you (e.g. mosquito repellent)?
No but they don’t bite or anythin. You mostly see them gathering near outside lights and squashed on the windshield.

Me when we booked our trip: I am only getting a couple ADRs.

Me at the 60 day mark: Oh Space 220 and Topolino's are available, let me add those. Oh Sci Fi will be fun for everyone. Let's do that too.

I now have more reservations than I have ever had on a trip!

Honestly will probably cancel Space 220 pretty soon. I don't really like prix fixe menus especially since my son's GF doesn't eat a ton. It has never been available when I have tried so when I saw it open on our Epcot day, I panic reserved. 😂 But I don't want to keep it from others.

PS Hope you're feeling better @disneydreamer781
I saw it open too and asked DH who read the menu and prices and said no.

Us too! A big 8 bedroom house…we did the same thing in 2015 but there were less of us so a much smaller house that time -I’m so excited!
My DD lives in Winter Garden. Until Covid she was a CM doing VIP tours. We went to see her last Thanksgiving and rented at Windsor at Westside. Doing the same this time. But it’s just the two of us in a massive house. I’m excited about the pool. Plan to dine Al fresco a lot.

My DD lives in Winter Garden. Until Covid she was a CM doing VIP tours. We went to see her last Thanksgiving and rented at Windsor at Westside. Doing the same this time. But it’s just the two of us in a massive house. I’m excited about the pool. Plan to dine Al fresco a lot.
That’s the community we’re staying in too…the houses are gorgeous there

That’s the community we’re staying in too…the houses are gorgeous there
It really is a small world! Have you been to the pool with the lazy river? It was not heated in November so we didn’t go in. We might try it this time. Not planning a lot of park days. Mostly going cos my DD and her long term boyfriend got engaged. I’m super excited. BTW last time we found a nice breakfast place. It’s called Keke’s and it’s in Four corners near Champions gate.

It really is a small world! Have you been to the pool with the lazy river? It was not heated in November so we didn’t go in. We might try it this time. Not planning a lot of park days. Mostly going cos my DD and her long term boyfriend got engaged. I’m super excited. BTW last time we found a nice breakfast place. It’s called Keke’s and it’s in Four corners near Champions gate.
Congrats on your daughter's engagement!

This is our first time there...we are getting our private pool heated, but I am not sure if the community pool is heated. I know it's been 80-90 degrees a lot lately so if it's not, hopefully that means it will be warm enough to enjoy. Congratulations to your daughter! We actually got engaged down there too in 2015 (but in Disney itself). I have heard good things about Keke's-it was on my list of a possible place to stop on our Epcot day since so many things open later there(and breakfast options aren't plentiful) so maybe we'll have breakfast there before heading over!

Following the May thread. My daughter is graduating from high school and I'm sending her w/ 3 friends for a short 3 night Graduation trip. I've got them staying at AoA and doing DHS After Hours on 3/24 and an MK Capture Your Moment. A nice bonus is that they'll be able to visit my older CM daughter. I'll be staying home playing Genie Fairy Godmother and living vicariously through them. LOL

Last edited:
Following the May thread. My daughter is graduating from high school and I'm sending her w/ 3 friends for a short 3 night Graduation trip. I've got them staying at AoA and doing DHS After Hours on 3/24. A nice bonus is that they'll be able to visit my older CM daughter. I'll be staying home playing Genie Fairy Godmother and living vicariously through them. LOL
I did this when my daughter graduated too! She went with my little brother and her and her friend. I planned for them and helped them along the way-it was fun!

I did this when my daughter graduated too! She went with my little brother and her and her friend. I planned for them and helped them along the way-it was fun!
Excellent! Yeah, I'm having a blast planning for them! I did a graduation trip when I graduated from high school (oh so long ago) and made lots of great memories. Hoping for the same for my daughter.

Following the May thread. My daughter is graduating from high school and I'm sending her w/ 3 friends for a short 3 night Graduation trip. I've got them staying at AoA and doing DHS After Hours on 3/24 and an MK Capture Your Moment. A nice bonus is that they'll be able to visit my older CM daughter. I'll be staying home playing Genie Fairy Godmother and living vicariously through them. LOL
You're a better mom than me! This is my youngest's graduation present also, but I couldn't pass up a chance for a trip too! They do have their own room though at least! 🤣

This is our first time there...we are getting our private pool heated, but I am not sure if the community pool is heated. I know it's been 80-90 degrees a lot lately so if it's not, hopefully that means it will be warm enough to enjoy. Congratulations to your daughter! We actually got engaged down there too in 2015 (but in Disney itself). I have heard good things about Keke's-it was on my list of a possible place to stop on our Epcot day since so many things open later there(and breakfast options aren't plentiful) so maybe we'll have breakfast there before heading over!
We go a couple times a year to see her but don’t do parks often. We usually stay in Davenport so I think we’ve tried every restaurant. We discovered a great burger place last time. It’s called Adlers. It’s on 27 near Publix. You can pre order on Toasttab. Even the fries are home made. It’s not fancy but it was clean, fresh and cheap. Thank you! We are super excite. Aw nice about Dis engagement. First Watch is also good but it’s pricey. I do love their Chickichanga. We discovered we are close to an Aldi which saved a lot on groceries for the house. Just remember a quarter for the cart. You get it back when you return it.

I just found this thread- can’t believe I missed it until now! This will be our first visit in May - we usually go in November or December. I think we will still prefer Christmas season but I’m excited to be in the World at a different time of year. It’s our first stay at Poly and first time staying club level. Lots of firsts for us this time! Counting down the days.

I just found this thread- can’t believe I missed it until now! This will be our first visit in May - we usually go in November or December. I think we will still prefer Christmas season but I’m excited to be in the World at a different time of year. It’s our first stay at Poly and first time staying club level. Lots of firsts for us this time! Counting down the days.
Love Poly CL! Have a great trip! Editing to add that GF RPC is the best Club Level.... I have to say that because my daughter is a CM there :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter