***Official May 2023 Thread***

Looks like Disney updated the After Hours schedule! They released more After Hours at HS for May! (None the second week in May when we'll be there for some reason). No new dates for MK After Hours in May :(. They also added After Hours at epcot but again, nothing in May. Why no love for May from Disney?? 🙄

Edit: Hollywood Studios AH dates in May: 3rd, 17th, 24th, 31st. Cost: $149, Hours 7pm-1am.

Interesting that they are showing H20 glow nights for Typhoon Lagoon. Does this mean that TL and BB will be open this summer?

Looks like Disney updated the After Hours schedule! They released more After Hours at HS for May! (None the second week in May when we'll be there for some reason). No new dates for MK After Hours in May :(. They also added After Hours at epcot but again, nothing in May. Why no love for May from Disney?? 🙄

Edit: Hollywood Studios AH dates in May: 3rd, 17th, 24th, 31st. Cost: $149, Hours 7pm-1am.
I'm kind of disappointed not to see MK AH announced for May and no EP until June. I'm still contemplating MK AH but since it falls on an EP EEH night, I would probably pass unless they doubled up during the week we're there.

Bummer that they only have HS after hours on our trip but it makes me feel better about skipping AH events for the extended hour days.(that’s if they have them in May, need to check)

I got super excited to see Narcossee open in April. DD and I had my favorite Disney meal there a few years ago. I really want to eat at Citricos, Narcossee, and GFC plus get a massage so I switched us to VGF from Poly. Not really looking forward to the construction but we will be at the parks most of the time so I think it will be fine.

Bummer that they only have HS after hours on our trip but it makes me feel better about skipping AH events for the extended hour days.(that’s if they have them in May, need to check)

I got super excited to see Narcossee open in April. DD and I had my favorite Disney meal there a few years ago. I really want to eat at Citricos, Narcossee, and GFC plus get a massage so I switched us to VGF from Poly. Not really looking forward to the construction but we will be at the parks most of the time so I think it will be fine.
Yes, the extended evening hours are available in May. I believe Disney made an announcement that they would be extended through 2023. I'm really excited about Narcoossee myself. The menu looks amazing and some of their signature dishes are back. I am kind of sad not to see the Grand Cosmo reappear though.

Rather torn over extended evening hours at MK on May 3rd or After Hours at HS. I have done after hours twice at HS (and loved every bit!) but I think since RNRC will be down and extended hours are already included, it should really be a no brainer! :teacher:

Rather torn over extended evening hours at MK on May 3rd or After Hours at HS. I have done after hours twice at HS (and loved every bit!) but I think since RNRC will be down and extended hours are already included, it should really be a no brainer! :teacher:
I'm kind of on the fence myself but I'm leaning towards HS AH because we're staying at BWV and it's only a boat ride or a walk over. DH is not interested in AH so it's solo but most of my park days will be anyway.

I'm heading back to Disney World for my second trip ever (!) in May - staying at the Dolphin between the 11th and the 15th. This forum is an incredible resource for planning - thanks to all of you for sharing and asking questions!

I'm heading back to Disney World for my second trip ever (!) in May - staying at the Dolphin between the 11th and the 15th. This forum is an incredible resource for planning - thanks to all of you for sharing and asking questions!
:welcome: to the thread! You've been added to the list! :cool1:

I'm kind of disappointed not to see MK AH announced for May and no EP until June. I'm still contemplating MK AH but since it falls on an EP EEH night, I would probably pass unless they doubled up during the week we're there.
I am strongly suspecting the reason they didn't announce MK is that they're bringing back Villains AH at MK. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. :crazy: I attended the first summer it was offered and had a blast and I think it would be the only one we'd do.

HS AH is...meh. We will really only have one opportunity to do it because of our dates (5/31) and the fact it falls on an MK EEH night makes it a nonstarter for us. I plan to keep an eye on how RNRC being down affects wait times during the day but my gut is to pass. If our trip was shorter, it would be a much harder decision, but I just feel like our trip is so long that we won't have a problem doing everything we want at HS.

I am strongly suspecting the reason they didn't announce MK is that they're bringing back Villains AH at MK. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. :crazy: I attended the first summer it was offered and had a blast and I think it would be the only one we'd do.

HS AH is...meh. We will really only have one opportunity to do it because of our dates (5/31) and the fact it falls on an MK EEH night makes it a nonstarter for us. I plan to keep an eye on how RNRC being down affects wait times during the day but my gut is to pass. If our trip was shorter, it would be a much harder decision, but I just feel like our trip is so long that we won't have a problem doing everything we want at HS.
Oh! I didn't think of that. Could be. That would be nice! :maleficenHere's hoping 🤞

Yeah, those AHs on the same night as EEH really make it hard for me. Not the best decision to spend more $$$ when there is the availability of EEH because you never know when those may end. I also have a 6-day ticket so I wouldn't be saving any park days by doing it.

RNRC wouldn't be a factor for me. I would just want to do a few attractions I've yet to do...MMRR and ROTR besides one of my favorites SDD and check out SWL in the evening. Those are kind of pushing me towards doing it. It's not something I do every trip and I do get the $30 DVC discount. 🤔

I'm debating the May 17th AH at HS, but not sure it's really worth it. We'd probably change from POP to an All star to save money on the hotel, to spend on the tickets, but then we wouldn't be on skyliner which would be nice when doing the AH. Trying to stick to the budget and for two people it's about the same, might even save more than the tickets by switching. I am waiting to see if any kind of AH comes out for MK, villians perhaps? I am guessing they aren't going to do any at MK because of Tron opening in April, but who knows. At least it's still a couple months so time to figure it out.
We won't be doing any table service this time, it's so hard to plan the time now that I can't plan fastpasses around the meal.
I am hoping both water parks will be open though, seeming more likely since the Glow party is back end of May. Fingers crossed!

Oh! I didn't think of that. Could be. That would be nice! :maleficenHere's hoping 🤞

Yeah, those AHs on the same night as EEH really make it hard for me. Not the best decision to spend more $$$ when there is the availability of EEH because you never know when those may end. I also have a 6-day ticket so I wouldn't be saving any park days by doing it.

RNRC wouldn't be a factor for me. I would just want to do a few attractions I've yet to do...MMRR and ROTR besides one of my favorites SDD and check out SWL in the evening. Those are kind of pushing me towards doing it. It's not something I do every trip and I do get the $30 DVC discount. 🤔
Yeah if I still had my AP I would be more likely to consider it, but at full price it's hard to stomach when we're already paying to stay at the Poly and get the extended hours included on the same night.

RNRC being down is less about the ride itself to me (I like it but it's not the end of the world if I can't ride) and more about how badly that will impact waits on the other rides. HS days are always extra rough when something goes down.

I'm debating the May 17th AH at HS, but not sure it's really worth it. We'd probably change from POP to an All star to save money on the hotel, to spend on the tickets, but then we wouldn't be on skyliner which would be nice when doing the AH. Trying to stick to the budget and for two people it's about the same, might even save more than the tickets by switching. I am waiting to see if any kind of AH comes out for MK, villians perhaps? I am guessing they aren't going to do any at MK because of Tron opening in April, but who knows. At least it's still a couple months so time to figure it out.
We won't be doing any table service this time, it's so hard to plan the time now that I can't plan fastpasses around the meal.
I am hoping both water parks will be open though, seeming more likely since the Glow party is back end of May. Fingers crossed!
I'm really happy about Typhoon Lagoon reopening, neither of us have ever been to the water parks before and it's a priority for us on this trip. I was hoping for TL to be open because I prefer the theming better than BB. Now all we need are Flower and Garden menus to really get hype!

Last trip with the kids we loved the Bon Voyage breakfast. I was hoping they would bring it back in time for us to do it again. Instead I am planning an early Cape May Cafe character breakfast on checkout day. Then we will RD SAB! I will ask for a late check out, but we'll see about that. If we have to we'll use the locker room showers to rinse off and change, but I'd prefer the room to do that in.
RNRC being down is less about the ride itself to me (I like it but it's not the end of the world if I can't ride) and more about how badly that will impact waits on the other rides. HS days are always extra rough when something goes down.
Yes, I am wondering about this, too. Last week there was a day at HS where 3 big rides were down. Reports like that are why I opted for Hoppers for this trip. We're also staying at YC so it made sense for that location, too. With 4 park days I'm trying to figure out how to make sure we get enough HS chances in case they have a bad day while we're there. Also watching for changes with VQ when Tron opens.

What are your opinions on Fantasmic! ? We've never seen it. Kids will be between 9-14 this trip. Wondering if it's worth our time? And what time will the shows happen in May while we're there? How does that work with park closing?

With 4 park days I'm trying to figure out how to make sure we get enough HS chances in case they have a bad day while we're there. Also watching for changes with VQ when Tron opens.
We usually have 4 day tickets as well. We always plan to hop to HS around closing time two days. We've gotten Rise and Slinky Dog done in the last hour (and still had time to get a NumNum cookie!) before which takes the pressure off our HS day. If we get everything done, then we can just hop somewhere else that second night.

Last trip with the kids we loved the Bon Voyage breakfast. I was hoping they would bring it back in time for us to do it again. Instead I am planning an early Cape May Cafe character breakfast on checkout day. Then we will RD SAB! I will ask for a late check out, but we'll see about that. If we have to we'll use the locker room showers to rinse off and change, but I'd prefer the room to do that in.

Yes, I am wondering about this, too. Last week there was a day at HS where 3 big rides were down. Reports like that are why I opted for Hoppers for this trip. We're also staying at YC so it made sense for that location, too. With 4 park days I'm trying to figure out how to make sure we get enough HS chances in case they have a bad day while we're there. Also watching for changes with VQ when Tron opens.

What are your opinions on Fantasmic! ? We've never seen it. Kids will be between 9-14 this trip. Wondering if it's worth our time? And what time will the shows happen in May while we're there? How does that work with park closing?
I was hoping for Bon Voyage to come back as well since we love those characters and the food looked great, we actually had it booked on our doomed covid closure trip. Crossing our fingers. If not we plan to try for a late breakfast at Topolino's on one of our HS days in the back half of the trip. I love doing late breakfasts at the Crescent Lake resorts on HS days, it's a nice way to decompress after those crazy rope drops.

I've never actually seen Fantasmic! My last trip with gf pre-covid neither of us were feeling well on our HS day so did not go back into the park after our midday break and just had a night in. And I never got around to it since. But I hear it's amazing and it was updated with new scenes when they brought it back. During busier times they have two shows and if your kids can manage it it's always better to go to the second one, much less crowded. Really wishing for park hours now tbh. We always have hoppers (until this year I had an AP) and we always get tickets for the length of stay even if we don't end up going to parks every day because it's just so cheap to add on days at the higher numbers. We had moved tickets from our cancelled trips also. But our attitude is "if we go, we go, if we don't feel like it whatever". Staying at Poly a lot of times we love to end evenings in MK regardless of where we went in the morning.

I finally made tentative park reservations just now since we got the Typhoon Lagoon news. Very tentative though. I don't like being overscheduled. Especially on a longer trip I don't think it's necessary. But we plan on doing Typhoon Lagoon in the morning on a Thursday and Disney Springs for dinner. Since our dates dip into June we actually have the ability to do the Epcot After Hours but I still don't think it's worth it because we will actually have two nights for Extended Hours there the way our trip falls out. We also love Epcot for the vibes more than anything.

Just saw this from Sunshine Flyer if anyone needs transportation from the airport:

SPRING TRAVEL SALE​

To honor our 12 months in service, all tickets are now $12.00!​

**APPLIES TO NEW PURCHASES ONLY AND MUST BE USED BY MAY 31ST​

https://sunshineflyer.com/book-now/

We drive so I have no idea if they are any good or not, but that seems like a great deal!

Is there something going on the week of the 6th - 13th that would cause there to be no After Hours events ? Just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter