***Official May 2023 Thread***

I came to add my May dates. It looks like it's not being updated as people add dates. A lot of the Official Threads are adding the trip dates. Am I allowed to start a new thread and do the maintenance should people add dates or can I maintain this one? I don't want to just take over the thread and step on anyone's toes.
I came to add my dates to the list also . . . I agree, usually the Official thread adds everyone's dates on the first page. I have no objection if you want to maintain that thread! :-)

I came to add my dates to the list also . . . I agree, usually the Official thread adds everyone's dates on the first page. I have no objection if you want to maintain that thread! :-)
Thanks! I was waiting to hear from the moderator before I proceed but what the heck I'll just add the dates now and if the OP starts adding them then I'll remove mine.😊

Last edited:

May/Flower & Garden Trip dates::flower1:

Hatboxer - Apr 29-May 6 - BWV/GF
Mickeystar3864 - Apr 29-May 6
Betsyp - Apr 30-May 6 - POFQ
AleaDaisy - May 1-6 - WL
Microcell - May 1-7 - BWV
jphilower - May 1-9 - ?
arich35 - May 2-7 - VGF - Resort Studios
disneylover81 - May 2-7 - VGF
Carmel16 - May 3-11 - Floridays
pbauswell - May 3-12 - VGF
Sparkly - May 3-12 - BLT
NJLauren - May 4-7 -
McFlea - May 4-8 - BWI
Renee94 - May 5-12 - BWV
1420Elexismc - May 5-13 - Offsite
sarbah77 - May 6-9 - BWV
jdpopp - May 6-13 - SSR
c@tk!ng - May 7-10 - BWV
karen4546 - May 7-12 - BRV
DLo - May 7-13 - BWI
Marrila - May 9-15 - BWI
princessemma0630 - May 10-15 - POP
hdrolfe - May 10-19 - All Star Sports
Huskyfan860 - May 11-15 - Dolphin
babydoll65 - May 11-20 - SSR
kanerf - May 11-20 - BLT/AKL-CL/RIV
Bellabully - May 12-20 - RIV
mocame - May 12-20 - Pop
LadybugsMum - May 13-20 - VGF
CanuckGirl78 - May 14-20 - AKL
loislane - May 14-20 - Pop
disneydreamer781 - May 14-21 - BWV
dizzyr - May 16-20 - CSR
patclairesmom - May 16-20 - VGF
persnickity - May 21-29 - ?
shpooey - May 21-31 - AKL/YC
AUDramaQueen May 22-? - BWI
pinkxray - May 22-25 - Poly
bluedolphin32 - May 23-26 - YC
SEAGULL59 - May 27-31 - POP
kylenne - May 28-Jun 7 - Poly

Last edited:
@disneydreamer781 Thanks for making a list! We decided that our stay is going to be YC only.

Hoping for a discount to come out next year, but committed either way to YC. It looks like historically, discounts for spring come out after the New Year. I guess we'll see if that holds...We are D+ subscribers and that seems to be the new discount trend. DH and I got a D+ discount on a WL room for our short getaway in Sept just the 2 of us. It was so much fun!

I'm excited about SAB! Our kids are all big enough and great swimmers so I won't have to worry about them. I'm planning on us swimming in the morning on check-out day.

Thanks! I was waiting to hear from the moderator before I proceed but what the heck I'll just add the dates now and if the OP starts adding them then I'll remove mine.😊
Thank you for doing that! I guess I should add my dates in now!

May 2nd-7th - VGF. Only DH and me this time for our 21st Anniversary Trip. It was quite the story making this happen . . . We booked a trip in April 2022 for our 20th Anniversary, but my son and his family decided to tag along for our grandson's 2nd birthday/1st WDW trip. In May, we FINALLY purchased DVC after many years of thinking about it and regretting not just doing it years ago when the kids were younger! We had all our points loaded up and ready to use, so DH and I decided to take a quick 4 night "Welcome Home" trip in September, just the two of us to make up for our anniversary trip that my son took over. Well, no such luck - this time my 16 year old daughter begged to go because her boyfriend has never been to WDW. So we reluctantly agreed and changed from a Studio to a 1 BR at BWV to accommodate them. Then my son found out and wanted to know why he got left out and wasn't invited - so I explained that his sister invited herself. lol. Then he said they want to go with us again too, so we were going to need a 2 BR for all 7 of us. By this time it was early August, and there were slim pickings on 2 BR's for September. I did lots and lots of stalking on the DVC site for availability to pop up and managed to snag a split stay, 2 nights at BLT and 2 nights at CCV. It was a good trip all in all, we got a good bit of rain though. We really liked the location of BLT and having that third bathroom was wonderful with so many of us. We always loved WL and have stayed there more than any other resort, but this was our first time on the CCV side. The room was good, we had some issues with the A/C and a TV not working so we had maintenance in our room at 1:00 am after our first ever MNSSHP! We enjoyed the party, we got to ride Seven Dwarfs 3 times in a row with no wait, which was awesome! I didn't mean for this to turn into a trip report. :cool1:

Anyways, my DH gave strict instructions to both our kids that we are going alone this time for our anniversary trip so don't even ask about coming! I promise we love our kids and we are so glad they want to spend time and travel with us, but it is always nice to have a break and not have to worry about what they want to do. I'm so excited and I hope May comes quick!!

I'll be there from the 16-20 - super short mother/daughter trip this time because we are doing a Caribbean cruise from the 20-26. We only have 3 park days so I got park hoppers which we've never had before. I'm thinking of doing Epcot each evening and the other 3 parks during the day but that may change as I read up on the changes since our last trip in 2016. Super excited to be going back!

I'll be there from the 16-20 - super short mother/daughter trip this time because we are doing a Caribbean cruise from the 20-26. We only have 3 park days so I got park hoppers which we've never had before. I'm thinking of doing Epcot each evening and the other 3 parks during the day but that may change as I read up on the changes since our last trip in 2016. Super excited to be going back!
Added! Let me know the resort when you're booked and I'll update it. Thanks!

Added! Let me know the resort when you're booked and I'll update it. Thanks!
Thanks! We are at Coronado Springs Resort - it's our first time there, our last two stays were Animal Kingdom Lodge and Carribean Beach Resort. I just changed our flights to the red eye so that we arrive in the morning instead of the evening which gives us an extra park day!

We are so fortunate to be going back May 28-June 3!

We were at Disney World from September 24-October 7, so our trip was impacted (insignificantly) by Hurricane Ian. Because of that we ended up with 4 days worth of tickets remaining to be used by the end of September 2023.

So now flights are booked and we will be staying in a two bedroom at AKL Kidani! We stayed at Jambo back in 2015 and are so excited to try Kidani! We plan to spend a lot of time at the resort and can't wait!

We are so fortunate to be going back May 28-June 3!

We were at Disney World from September 24-October 7, so our trip was impacted (insignificantly) by Hurricane Ian. Because of that we ended up with 4 days worth of tickets remaining to be used by the end of September 2023.

So now flights are booked and we will be staying in a two bedroom at AKL Kidani! We stayed at Jambo back in 2015 and are so excited to try Kidani! We plan to spend a lot of time at the resort and can't wait!
:woohoo: Sounds great! That resort has been on my list for so long and it seems like a great place to just explore so I'm hoping to stay there next December! Just added your dates!

Hi everyone! The saga of our postponed trips continues...my gf and I had to cancel our Poly trip for a 3rd time over the 50th last year because of a health scare her father had. So we have rebooked...again...for 5/28 - 6/7. GF had her heart set on the Poly despite the construction, and so did I tbh, so to be on the safe side we booked a DVC studio to be on the other side of the resort. I’m really excited as this is our first time on the DVC side of the resort. Crossing our fingers that we can actually make it this time!

Hi everyone! The saga of our postponed trips continues...my gf and I had to cancel our Poly trip for a 3rd time over the 50th last year because of a health scare her father had. So we have rebooked...again...for 5/28 - 6/7. GF had her heart set on the Poly despite the construction, and so did I tbh, so to be on the safe side we booked a DVC studio to be on the other side of the resort. I’m really excited as this is our first time on the DVC side of the resort. Crossing our fingers that we can actually make it this time!
Awesome! :thumbsup2Just added your dates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter