*** Official May 2024 Thread ***

So disappointed, both MK and DHS miss the week we are there. 😞
I feel ya! The MK AH is the day before we arrive on May 13...sigh. The only other option is HS the night before we leave on May 22. So much time between these events. I really wish there would be something in between. If I didn't just recently add an extra night at the end of our trip there wouldn't be another option. The last night will be such a late one and we have to leave first thing in the morning. We are driving so it won't be about just hopping on a plane. I'm still contemplating whether to book or just add another day to the ticket. Besides, there are no PH restrictions on multi-day passes this trip so I'll be in my heaven and I'm going to be bopping from park to park so I should be able to get some HS time. Also, though it's rare, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for EEH.

Last edited:
Our family LOVES the AKL resort. I think it's well worth the extra cost to stay there & get the extended evening hours for deluxe resort guests. Our family will be staying there again in the future, the rooms are so nice & the property is stunning.

Thank you so much! In the end we actually decided to stick with CBR for all 6 nights. I let my son pick! We weighed spending the extra money, versus the Extended Evening Hours, and moving resorts, unpacking once. He decided to just stay put!
But it is fine because I am planning to try to get to Disney once a year, and so I will save AKL for another visit!

Thank you so much! In the end we actually decided to stick with CBR for all 6 nights. I let my son pick! We weighed spending the extra money, versus the Extended Evening Hours, and moving resorts, unpacking once. He decided to just stay put!
But it is fine because I am planning to try to get to Disney once a year, and so I will save AKL for another visit!

CBR is a nice resort too! The pool is nicely themed & kids love it! So many great choices at WDW Resort that is feels like a whole new experience every time you go by simply trying new hotels & restaurants. Hope you have a great vacation!

CBR is a nice resort too! The pool is nicely themed & kids love it! So many great choices at WDW Resort that is feels like a whole new experience every time you go by simply trying new hotels & restaurants. Hope you have a great vacation!
Thank you! We are excited. It's our first time there but we've been at POP before so looking forward to showing my non-Disney husband the joys of the skyliner!

I Just purchased our tickets for DAH Epcot on May 23rd. :cool1: Hopefully it will be better than last year. Both Frozen Ever After and TT went down during our DAH event last year...made for a very crowded night at all the other attractions.

We will be there that same week! Hoping it won't be 100 degrees, but it probably will be!
With the heat reflecting from the concrete, it will feel like 200°! We'll be there about the same time. I'm bringing cotton tank maxi dresses. They're much cooler than shorts or pants. I'm 65 so no above the knee dresses but if you like those, I'd suggest them.

With the heat reflecting from the concrete, it will feel like 200°! We'll be there about the same time. I'm bringing cotton tank maxi dresses. They're much cooler than shorts or pants. I'm 65 so no above the knee dresses but if you like those, I'd suggest them.
That's a great idea. I will need to start looking. We went in April a couple years ago and I was hot in t shirts and heavy shorts. I have some wicking shirts now and some athletic sort of shorts so those might help!

That's a great idea. I will need to start looking. We went in April a couple years ago and I was hot in t shirts and heavy shorts. I have some wicking shirts now and some athletic sort of shorts so those might help!
The wicking shirt will help. For me, I like not having shorts/pants clinging to my body. Once I hit "the change" heat became and still can be a problem. I wear one of those personal fans but If I could, I'd have an extension cord that would reach all over the park and carry a window ac on my back!

Just booked my trip for May! 10th - 15th, POR. I hope it's not insanely hot like it was 3 years ago when I went in May, but I need to see Flower and Garden so it's worth it. :rotfl:

For anyone interested here's the lineup for Garden Rocks for May:

Showtimes: 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM

• Apr 30 – May 2: Southbound
  • May 3: Monsieur Periné
  • May 4: Raul Acosta & Oro Solido with Magic Juan
  • May 5: Raul Acosta & Oro Solido with Luisito Ayala and The Puerto Rican Power Band
  • May 6: Fonesca
  • May 7-9: Gilly & The Girl Band
  • May 10-13: Simple Plan
  • May 14-16: Element
  • May 17-18: The Spinners
  • May 19-20: Sister Hazel
  • May 21-23: Epic
  • May 24-25: Lit
  • May 26-27: Casting Crowns

Last edited:
You know normally I am 100% set on resorts at this stage but Disney keeps coming out with offers tempting me to switch. We ended up booking Gran Destino at rack for the parks half of our trip but then a Visa discount came out the other day and BWI is looking like it's actually slightly cheaper. My gf had her heart set on Coronado but I'd be hard pressed to turn up being able to walk to 2 parks on such a short (for us) trip.I haven't been keeping up on the state of the construction there though.

Edit: naturally, we took a third option 🤣 we switched to garden wing at CR. With the discount it was only $150 more total than what we were paying at GDT, and we can walk to EEH on our arrival night. We are also at the Dolphin on our debarkation day for one night before going home.

Last edited:
Headed down May 4th-12, staying at the lovely Wyndham Bonnet Creek. No definite plans yet besides DHS on May the 4th decked out in my finest Spaceballs attire. Hoping the weather is warm, but not too hot yet.

Not sure what dates, but is anyone interested in sharing a fireworks cruise during the week?

Last edited:
I'm really getting excited now. It has been a rough few months with work and finishing up my bachelor's degree in nursing...

We added a few to our trip but we'll be on more of a parallel trip. My husband's cousin and wife will be there at the same time as us, at the same resort, and we will link up but still do our own thing too. They are so fun!

We'll be there May 1 - 10, my husband and I and our two daughters, who will be 5 and 2.5! This is their second trip and they're already very excited!

We're flying in super late on the 1st and staying at Swan and Dolphin on points my parents so generously gave us, and then switching over to OKW on the 2nd. We've never stayed at OKW and a little nervous because they only really do bus transportation and we're so used to the Epcot area resorts, but it was the cheapest place to rents points and it'll be something new!

Now just waiting anxiously to start making those ADR reservations - is it too early to start outfit planning as well :)

We'll be there May 1 - 10, my husband and I and our two daughters, who will be 5 and 2.5! This is their second trip and they're already very excited!

We're flying in super late on the 1st and staying at Swan and Dolphin on points my parents so generously gave us, and then switching over to OKW on the 2nd. We've never stayed at OKW and a little nervous because they only really do bus transportation and we're so used to the Epcot area resorts, but it was the cheapest place to rents points and it'll be something new!

Now just waiting anxiously to start making those ADR reservations - is it too early to start outfit planning as well :)

Never too early for outfit ideas, especially when you need little girl outfits too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter