*** Official May 2024 Thread ***

So it turned out that when I was "feeling sick" and still managed to book Caring for Giants, I actually had early symptoms of appendicitis! I had surgery on 3/30 and was stuck in the hospital for another week dealing with surgery complications. Now I have 43 days and counting to recover and get my strength and stamina back 🤞🤞💪💪

So it turned out that when I was "feeling sick" and still managed to book Caring for Giants, I actually had early symptoms of appendicitis! I had surgery on 3/30 and was stuck in the hospital for another week dealing with surgery complications. Now I have 43 days and counting to recover and get my strength and stamina back 🤞🤞💪💪
Sure hope you have a speedy recovery and all goes well for you! Sending lots of pixie dust your way!

Sending healing vibes!!

Sending healing vibes!!
Thank you very much. I feel lucky my appendix kicked the bucket when it did and not right before (God forbid, *during*??) our trip. And we were already planning on taking things slower, not power walking everywhere. Now I will be forced to stick to that plan 😂 Thank goodness for 7 day hoppers!

I was up wayyyy too early this morning but randomly checked and they had finally opened up bookings for Celebration at the Top for May! And I was able to snag reservations for our first day!!! So that completes our wish list, now all that’s left to do is pack….debating if it’s too soon 😆

So that completes our wish list, now all that’s left to do is pack….debating if it’s too soon 😆
I force myself to wait until 30 days out before I establish a "drop zone" to start collecting the random things I know we won't use before the trip (ponchos, Magic bands, etc.). I wait until the few days before the trip to pull most of the clothes and shower supplies for packing.

I was up wayyyy too early this morning but randomly checked and they had finally opened up bookings for Celebration at the Top for May! And I was able to snag reservations for our first day!!! So that completes our wish list, now all that’s left to do is pack….debating if it’s too soon 😆
Oooooo! I just had to google what that was! Sounds like a wonderful experience!

I force myself to wait until 30 days out before I establish a "drop zone" to start collecting the random things I know we won't use before the trip (ponchos, Magic bands, etc.). I wait until the few days before the trip to pull most of the clothes and shower supplies for packing.
I have a similar area but I collect things all year long!

We’re at 29 days today 😁. I normally try to wait a little longer before putting the drop spot basket in the corner but the reality is we won’t need swimsuits or most summer clothes in MI in the next month so I think this weekend we’ll begin the gathering process. 🎉

We’re at 29 days today 😁. I normally try to wait a little longer before putting the drop spot basket in the corner but the reality is we won’t need swimsuits or most summer clothes in MI in the next month so I think this weekend we’ll begin the gathering process. 🎉
Love that idea of a "drop spot". I need to make that and consolidate... Over the past year I've accumulated a few things here and there and I'm sure I'll leave something behind if I don't move everything to a single spot!!!

Love that idea of a "drop spot". I need to make that and consolidate... Over the past year I've accumulated a few things here and there and I'm sure I'll leave something behind if I don't move everything to a single spot!!!
OK, I feel much better now because I've started my own drop spot this week in preparation! My boyfriend has been teasing me about how he'll just pack the night before - who does that??! LOL

18 days to go!

OK, I feel much better now because I've started my own drop spot this week in preparation! My boyfriend has been teasing me about how he'll just pack the night before - who does that??! LOL

18 days to go!

I do usually finish up the night before. I've tried doing all the packing the night before. It results in packing until 1 am, and getting up for flights at 3:30 to 4 am. Not good. Not good at all. It spoils the entire first day, and leaves me punch drunk with insomnia the first night there. We've literally had to go down to get a drink, so that I could get to sleep the first night.

Now I leave a lot of stuff in our bags from the trip before. I have a drop spot, pretty much year round. I drop things in my travel backpack, or just open up the luggage and throw it in if it's a big item.

Then 30 days to 2 weeks before I start actually packing. We leave in 18 days and 21 hours. I've got our clothing and swimsuits in packing cubes. I've picked out my ears and Loungefly bags, and started putting everything in the suitcases. I'll probably get most of the packing done this week.

However there will still be that night before where I end up taking everything back out, going back through everything, repacking everything, and finding everything I didn't pack. Running to the store to get those items I forgot to get, and somehow I will still end up going to bed late the night before after repacking (but not at 1 am). I keep telling my husband it's not going to happen that way, but we both know it is. But at least I found a direct flight that leaves after 8 am.

I do usually finish up the night before. I've tried doing all the packing the night before. It results in packing until 1 am, and getting up for flights at 3:30 to 4 am.

However there will still be that night before where I end up taking everything back out, going back through everything, repacking everything, and finding everything I didn't pack. Running to the store to get those items I forgot to get, and somehow I will still end up going to bed late the night before after repacking (but not at 1 am). I keep telling my husband it's not going to happen that way, but we both know it is. But at least I found a direct flight that leaves after 8 am.
I love this, this is so me. I usually spend the day before our trip Tetris-ing everything into the suitcases just right. And that usually takes 2 tries to get right. Who can sleep the night before a Disney trip?? But we try anyway, huh? Happy packing to us all!

I feel like I do this too! I get a jump on things by starting early with the most obvious and easy items. Things that I should be able to pack and leave alone! But inevitably, I always second guess myself, and feel like I need to touch those things again, for counting or assurance, I'm not sure why!!!

I just found my park bag that has our magic bands in it. I have been looking for this thing for a month and it was right on the shelf with all the other bags. IDK if I saw it in a TV show or movie or I made it up, but I have a theory that our world and time get re-created as we go along and when you can't find something, but it turns up where you KNOW you looked? It's because the magical gremlins or whatever that build the world forgot to put it there and you frantically looking for it set off an alarm and they slip the item back where it was making you think you're crazy.

But I know better.

I love this, this is so me. I usually spend the day before our trip Tetris-ing everything into the suitcases just right. And that usually takes 2 tries to get right. Who can sleep the night before a Disney trip?? But we try anyway, huh? Happy packing to us all!
...and don't forget about the final step of weighing the bags to make sure none are over weight limit. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter