*** Official May 2024 Thread ***

Hey May friends! What shoes do you all wear in the parks when you're gonna get wet? We're going up to Universal for a couple of days and they have some awesome rides that you get super wet on. I could go with flip flops, but want to know if anyone has any great ideas for shoes that can get wet.
Chacos are my go-to-shoe for almost everything!

Hey May friends! What shoes do you all wear in the parks when you're gonna get wet? We're going up to Universal for a couple of days and they have some awesome rides that you get super wet on. I could go with flip flops, but want to know if anyone has any great ideas for shoes that can get wet.
Teva sandals

Thank you for reminding me about that! I remembered hearing about it months ago, and wanted to see that. We'll be in DS two nights so hoping we'll catch it!

You’re welcome. I just wish they would give more info already but I guess it’s still a month out so I need to be patient. 🤣

Anyone bought anything new for their trip? I try to pace myself and just buy a coupe things each trip. So I got 1 new Disney tee for me (dh and ds refuse themed shirts 🙄) and a I’m trying out a couple skorts this time (hopefully they’ll be fit/age appropriate for a middle aged short gal). Never done ears but debating on some ear scrunchies.
Anywho….what have you bought new for your trip?

Anyone bought anything new for their trip? I try to pace myself and just buy a coupe things each trip. So I got 1 new Disney tee for me (dh and ds refuse themed shirts 🙄) and a I’m trying out a couple skorts this time (hopefully they’ll be fit/age appropriate for a middle aged short gal). Never done ears but debating on some ear scrunchies.
I got some cute Mickey claw clips for Christmas. I bought a few new tank tops, and some shorts for the kids. Other than that just little things like travel toiletries and some surprise treats for the plane… Even though my kids are 17! They still like surprises!

Mostly my prep has been sunning myself with my dogs on the few nice days we’ve had so that I don’t blind people with my legs after a long NY winter.

My dd bought us new shirts - one is HEA themed! I did an impulse buy on new magic bands. I like the feel of the old ones better, so we shall see. I will probably buy something else - I just haven't thought of it yet! :scratchin I am sure this thread will give me ideas! :rotfl2:

You’re welcome. I just wish they would give more info already but I guess it’s still a month out so I need to be patient. 🤣

I agree! If I need to decide where and when I want to eat 60 days in advance, I wish Disney would kindly tell me what time drones are flying 60 days in advance 🤣

I do themed outfits for every park... :rotfl: I know I shouldn't buy so much stuff for every trip, but I don't go as often as others and it makes me happy! Lol.

I have purchased more than usual, but that's for a few reasons: 1.) We just bought DVC which guarantees we will go more often and well into the future. 2.) There is excellent overlap in clothes which are well suited to Florida heat and humidity and clothes good for summer camping trips. 3.) my bathing suit, which I LOVE, is showing signs of wear, so it was time to purchase a second.

All that to say, I've bought several pieces of moisture wicking/quick drying clothes. Plus, after experiencing "feels like" temps of 115 degrees last August, I invested in personal fans and a UV blocking umbrella to go with our cooling towels. We're ready for whatever Florida wants to throw at us, weather wise!

Like others, I don't go too often, so I like to try to get a couple things but not a whole new wardrobe. It's hard though!
This trip will be in pretty warm weather so I found myself spending more money on some cooler clothes for a change. I bought some wicking / dri fit shirts. And a few skorts. I am hoping the skorts might be cooler, but I'm not sure. The shirts seemed like a great buy! I got a 5 pack from Amazon, happy to share the link if anyone is interested - am I allowed to post a link?
I got a couple skorts from Amazon too. One is very pretty and I did pay over $30 for that one but the others are plain.
I wear ears most days. I have found that I really just like the Amazon ones that run $9-$11. The actual "ear" is typically smaller, and they and much lighter weight, so those work best for me.
I do have one 'official park ears" - Haunted Mansion theme! But, I got them off Poshmark and maybe they were just $20 or $25?

Question for others: my friend goes often in summer and she suggested even have TWO outfits per day. After you go back to the resort for a midday break, nap, maybe a dip in the pool, you may not feel like putting on your smelly clothes from the first half of the day. What do you all think?

All that to say, I've bought several pieces of moisture wicking/quick drying clothes. Plus, after experiencing "feels like" temps of 115 degrees last August, I invested in personal fans and a UV blocking umbrella to go with our cooling towels. We're ready for whatever Florida wants to throw at us, weather wise!

Can I ask the dumbest question?? I am bringing cooling towels this time. How does everyone actually use them?? I understand, get them wet and they feel cool. Do you just wet them with water from your water bottle? Then hang them around your neck? Wipe your neck or arms once in a while? Sorry, I know that's silly!

Do we think park hours will get extended for May?

I am wondering that too. I have hours written down from my same week last year, and as of now, what is listed on the Disney site matches what they had last year. But who knows, that could change.
I did see a post that the Happily Ever After fireworks was going to change to 9:20 part way through May.

I do themed outfits for every park... :rotfl: I know I shouldn't buy so much stuff for every trip, but I don't go as often as others and it makes me happy! Lol.

I do themed outfits too! And same, maybe I go once a year... so getting outfits ready and planned to me is "part of the trip." It's a way to extend the fun and happiness for months prior to actually leaving!

I'd love to see / hear some people's themed outfits. I bet there is a thread on here for this...

Can I ask the dumbest question?? I am bringing cooling towels this time. How does everyone actually use them?? I understand, get them wet and they feel cool. Do you just wet them with water from your water bottle? Then hang them around your neck? Wipe your neck or arms once in a while? Sorry, I know that's silly!
You can either use your water bottle or wet them in the restroom sink. Once some of the water is rung out, shake them a bit to allow air to flow through them and wear them around your neck. Just make sure you wash them according to their directions so they don’t bleed on your clothes.

Omg. The question should be can I STOP buying new things for my trip :upsidedow

Haha! This is our 4th trip I believe, and this is the first time we are doing themed shirts. It actually made planning more fun. Themes include: 1) Star Wars 2) Pixar 3) favorite Disney Character and 4) favorite ride/attraction.

Haha! This is our 4th trip I believe, and this is the first time we are doing themed shirts. It actually made planning more fun. Themes include: 1) Star Wars 2) Pixar 3) favorite Disney Character and 4) favorite ride/attraction.
Love it! I'm doing Flower and Garden, Jungle Cruise/Adventureland, Incredibles, and Maharajah Jungle Trek!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter