Official Miami Port Information Thread-5/1 update

Yes! I have SAS booked for our return to FLL. We'll be driving from WDW to POM by Alamo rental car. They had no problem that it was only one way service. They were prompt in answering my emailed questions.
I would just call and set it up if you can't do it online. I considered a private service but SAS was so much cheaper I couldn't pass it up. I figured it would be a shared ride if we were taking the DCL bus anyway.

We will be staying in WDW for 3 nights before our cruise in October. We are wanting to rent a car near WDW, and return it at POM. Can you tell me where Alamo has a return for their rentals, and were they pretty reasonable in price?
Thanks!

We returned a car to MIA to Alamo. Once at the airport we just followed the signs for rental car return for Alamo. Very easy. We got out and was directed to where to wait for the complimentary Alamo shuttle to the port.

We booked Alamo through Costco for our trip (picked up at MCO, spent a few days at WDW and then returned it to MIA). Costco was the least expensive at the time.

There are photos of the waiting area for the Alamo shuttle further back in this thread.

MJ

Still uncertain how we are getting from fll to comfort suites north miami. We don't want to rent a car. Both sas and Mjs won't drive us to the hotel. Other than a cab which dh is reluctant to do. We are 5 people. Thanks

Still uncertain how we are getting from fll to comfort suites north miami. We don't want to rent a car. Both sas and Mjs won't drive us to the hotel. Other than a cab which dh is reluctant to do. We are 5 people. Thanks

We just booked a limo service yesterday with Chris at http://www.pctsdrives.com/miami_beach_limousine_service_pricing.htm. It looks like it would cost you around $150 plus tip. You get a discount if you use them on the return trip too. When you call, you speak to the owner. Very personable and cares about his business. A bit pricey but might be an option if you don't want to use a cab.

So I have searched threads and read this whole one and can't seem to find this information.

Can anyone tell me if DCL offers transfers to and from the airport in Miami and the price?

So I have searched threads and read this whole one and can't seem to find this information.

Can anyone tell me if DCL offers transfers to and from the airport in Miami and the price?

Yes they do and I believe it is either $20 or $25 pp one way.

MJ

Another question, is the onboard airline check-in program available in Miami? This would be a reason I would consider using their transfers if I could just check my luggage on board and then not have to deal with it until I collect it at my home airport.

For those who have taken a taxi from the port to the airport, the price I found online is a flat rate of $24 plus $1 fuel surcharge and tip. Does this sound right?

Thanks!

I would research reviews and testimonials for this company. Rates are very reasonable. Worst case if they don't drop off at your particular hotel is to contract for a ride from FLL to MIA and pick up the free shuttle for your hotel from the Miami airport.

http://www.southfloridashuttles.com/?gclid=CKPe-7bk0sMCFQUdgQodo3AAzg

We booked A Family Limo for FLL to Holiday Inn Port of Miami for a reasonable price for 5. The price for the stretch limo and Navigator were the same if you have too much luggage.

Thank you so much for recommendations. Going to book today. Still wonder why sas won't go to my hotel lol

Can anyone who has done the drive from WDW to PoM recall how much the tolls were? Alamo charges an extra $3/day to use their transponder which I think is completely worth it to not have to deal with the cash lanes on the TP. I'm just trying to have an idea of what to expect.

Someone in another thread mentioned that they heard that Holiday Inn POM was closing. Anyone else heard this/able to confirm? We're booked there in October and I'm just concerned we may need to make other plans. Or maybe if they are closing, it won't be for awhile so we're okay in October with our current reservation. I dunno. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything.

I can't remember but we are in Florida a few times a year so we got our own SunPass even though we live in NY. I just bring it with us and works like a charm. Love not having to dig money out for tolls.

You may be able to figure out the tolls from this website:

https://turnpikeinfo.com/florida/tolls/tollData.php

MJ

Thanks for the link. We did look into getting one years ago when our kids were very young and we mostly stayed offsite and couldn't get enough of the parks. Of course that all changed once we discovered DCL and kids got older. lol. Now our park visits are 1-2 days pre cruise and often with a group which makes us lean toward private transfers vs. rental cars.

I can't remember but we are in Florida a few times a year so we got our own SunPass even though we live in NY. I just bring it with us and works like a charm. Love not having to dig money out for tolls.

You may be able to figure out the tolls from this website:

https://turnpikeinfo.com/florida/tolls/tollData.php

MJ
Did you get on the TP at Osceola Parkway? That seems like the easiest entry point but we'll be driving on a Wed. morning so who knows what their rush hour traffic is like. I don't know whether it's better to leave at the crack of dawn and probably sit in a lot of traffic or just wait til 8:30-9:00am to leave and miss the rush hour mess.

Another question, is the onboard airline check-in program available in Miami? This would be a reason I would consider using their transfers if I could just check my luggage on board and then not have to deal with it until I collect it at my home airport.

For those who have taken a taxi from the port to the airport, the price I found online is a flat rate of $24 plus $1 fuel surcharge and tip. Does this sound right?

Thanks!
Yes, the onboard airline check in is available at MIA. We used it this past January.

Hi - We sailed out of POM last year, and it was a headache figuring out how to arrange the least hassle transport...

There are a lot of shady shuttle companies out there, that have good looking websites, so it's really important to google the company you are considering separately for complaints...
My experience was this: I was on the phone, and almost booked with one company I read a ton of complaints about - like people never getting their money back for a no show pick up... the telltale sign for me was that they said my CC was immediately going to be charged, and while they claimed that they would be able to refund within a certain time period, they admitted when I pressed the guy, that a refund may take up to three months! Luckily I read the bad reviews just in time and kept looking.... SAS, very popular on this board, never got back to me, or answered my questions, and I also did not want to be restricted to their list of hotels....

....so luckily I found QLS Transportation (for Quality Limo Service) - and they were REALLY good and professional. Very responsive by phone AND email, answering all questions, and there was no restrictions as far as hotel for pick up! (we actually stayed quite far north of FLL) Also we could request the type of vehicle, which was a plus, since we had a LOT of luggage. The transport was also private - just our family. But that wasn't all: They explained that my credit card would not be charged until 3 days before the pick up date - and that was exactly what happened. Around that time, they also gave me the CELL PHONE number of their driver for the day of the transfer to the port, which gave us huge peace of mind... the driver showed up on time, and the whole transfer was pleasant, and we arrived very early. I would wholeheartedly recommend them, and actually not even consider any other company in that area.
This is their phone number: 1888 757 0021 . Website: http://qualitylimoservice.com
I found them when I started looking for highly rated transfer services on TripAdvisor.

Now our experience on the way back was the following: We wanted to stay in the Miami area for another day, so we took a taxi from the Disney terminal to one of the hotels directly at the Port of Miami, the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, (short taxi ride from hell - driver was awful; took off while I was yelling STOP as I had not buckled in my toddler OR my pregnant self yet, speeding!, and he -almost- took out the Bell Man at our hotel entrance- that poor guy was very upset - I mean he nearly would have killed him. Seriously.)
We then rented a car from Hertz which is directly inside the hotel. And we returned that rental at FLL airport after our stay in Miami.
This option was somewhat low hassle, but not cheap; especially since we found ourselves on one of these toll roads that have no payment option - electronic only - the rental companies know about this, and they have a device in the car - and somehow I found it quite expensive, and that goes on top of your rental price.

Well, I hope this helps someone! :)

Call and ask I think they will pick up at FLL for a fee. We are stating there and the staff have bee extremely helpful

We will need a cab from the ship to the airport in Miami after the cruise...will there be cars waiting or do we need to call a cab in advance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter