"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

I would appreciate some advice as DS has announced that other than eating his weight in SnoCones and riding Space multiple times in his glow-in-the-dark PJs again, the only things he wants to do at our party is to meet Sandy Claws and the Zootopia gang. Of course, other than the dwarves, he picked the least convenient combination lol. So, how would this possibly sound-

5:30 DH gets in line for Jack, DS and I head back to BLT and heat up some leftovers for an early dinner- I have a feeling this is too late to get in line. Is this too late? Last year, we got in line at 4:00 and were done by 5:00-ish with him, but I realize this year is late for him coming out. We can relieve DH, who can run back and eat and come back.
7:30 be done with Jack, get in line for Nick and Judy?
8:30 parade...now this is seeming less and less realistic.

I'm stumped as to how to organize this. He wants parade and rides too...but he won't last past maybe 10:30 and I don't want to spend the whole time lining up. I thought I read somewhere that the Zootopia pair has a shorter lineup later on...is this still the case?

Are you going to be in the park during the day as well? We've planned that day as a non park day so we could take a nice long nap before heading to the party. Just so my littlest will be able to last past 9 pm. Lol and they're 8 & 10!

We're planning bkfst at Boma and a leisurely tour of AKL for the morning, lunch back at our resort followed by some pool time (either before or after lunch depending on how long AKL lasts), a 2-3 hr nap and then showing up to the Party at 3:30 for entrance *hopefully* @ 3:45.

I would appreciate some advice as DS has announced that other than eating his weight in SnoCones and riding Space multiple times in his glow-in-the-dark PJs again, the only things he wants to do at our party is to meet Sandy Claws and the Zootopia gang. Of course, other than the dwarves, he picked the least convenient combination lol. So, how would this possibly sound-

5:30 DH gets in line for Jack, DS and I head back to BLT and heat up some leftovers for an early dinner- I have a feeling this is too late to get in line. Is this too late? Last year, we got in line at 4:00 and were done by 5:00-ish with him, but I realize this year is late for him coming out. We can relieve DH, who can run back and eat and come back.
7:30 be done with Jack, get in line for Nick and Judy?
8:30 parade...now this is seeming less and less realistic.

I'm stumped as to how to organize this. He wants parade and rides too...but he won't last past maybe 10:30 and I don't want to spend the whole time lining up. I thought I read somewhere that the Zootopia pair has a shorter lineup later on...is this still the case?

Here is what I would do if I were you:

Wait in line for Jack first thing. Maybe grab something while you're in line rather than run back and forth from room to park.
Sno-cones and rides
See the first parade
Ride Tomorrowland rides and Space Mountain
See fireworks (if wanted)
Right after Fireworks head to Nick and Judy

That may put you a little past 10:30 but shouldn't be too late.

For those of you who went this week -- how has the weather been at night? Of course I had custom short sleeve shirts made and I'm wondering if I should run out and buy a long sleeve shirt to go under them. We're from NJ so it'll still be warmer there then here :) I'm looking at the 10 day and it looks like it'll be in the high 70's next week when we go.

How's this for a plan? Going Sunday 12/11. (keeping it simple.. will do more if time allows). We need to leave after fireworks so 2nd parade is out. Kids love Space Mountain so I'd like to fit it in.

Arrive around 6pm.
6:00 - Arrive at park
6:00-6:15 - walk to Fantasyland
6:15-6:30 - 7 Dwarves (have FP)
6:40-7:20 - Dinner at Cosmic Rays
7:25-7:45 - Space Mountain & maybe Peoplemover?
7:45-8:00 - Walk to Liberty Square / Frontierland (go via Fantasyland?) and get a spot for parade
8:00-8:30 - Wait for Parade
8:30-8:50 - Parade
9:00-9:20 - Jingle Cruise
9:20-9:35 - Open Time (Options.. Aladdin Meet & Greet? Snack? Go to hub early and see show?)
9:35-9:45 - Walk to Hub for fireworks spot (gardens)
9:45-10:00 - Wait
10:00-10:15 - Fireworks
10:15 - Head home with the crazy crowds

We wanted to check out the Tomorrowland Christmas show but times while we are there may not work with plan above. I'm thinking if I do 7:40 it may make it tough to get an ok parade spot after that wraps up, 8:30 is during parade. An option may be 9:20?

I thought I read somewhere that the Zootopia pair has a shorter lineup later on...is this still the case?
I keep reading this too. I'm just so nervous about going late and having their line already cut off!! But in your case I think it's your only option. And I also agree that 5:30 is probably too late to be lining up for Jack. I think his line is still forming at 4 even though he's not coming out until 7.

I keep reading this too. I'm just so nervous about going late and having their line already cut off!! But in your case I think it's your only option. And I also agree that 5:30 is probably too late to be lining up for Jack. I think his line is still forming at 4 even though he's not coming out until 7.

I keep hearing this too and have the same fears. My original plan was to see the 2nd parade, but then someone mentioned they went to Nick and Judy after the fireworks to a short line, but that would still mean us probably missing the 2nd parade (or it would be a gamble). So I switched our plans to watch the first parade. But every time I think about that I get heart palpitations and think of the crowds as we don't want to have to grab a seat at 7. Seeing it from Main Street is a must for us.

So...I think we are going to try to see Nick and Judy during the first parade. That way we can then head to fireworks and still see the 2nd parade with lower crowds. So stressful trying to plan this stuff!

We'll be at the party on 12/11, our first time going without DS. Living in Florida, we're a little disappointed that every day of our trip is forecast to be in the mid 80s, aside from Sunday which is high 70s. This will be the warmest MVMCP we've been to in 14 years.

I am also curious about the parades! We got our spots for the first parade almost last minute last year at the literal starting point, across from Splash. Wanted to try the same spot this year, but it sounds like the parade viewing has gotten more crowded earlier this year as well, along with everything else!

How has the line for Rapuzel and Snow White been? A friend told me it was long by 6:30 and I should line up later but I am curious what others are seeing.

I am also curious about the parades! We got our spots for the first parade almost last minute last year at the literal starting point, across from Splash. Wanted to try the same spot this year, but it sounds like the parade viewing has gotten more crowded earlier this year as well, along with everything else!

I did the second parade, but was able to secure a spot in front of the tall Christmas tree on Main Street at 10:45 PM. I probably could have came 10 minutes later and got the same spot. I would imagine a non Main Street spot wouldn't be hard to get, at least for the second parade. It amazed me though how many people crossed Main St as the parade began to come down. I guess the CMs really didn't stop them besides wave at them to go fast so they didn't care.

I'm curious if anyone has been to a sold-out party night? Is it as bad as a busy regular day?

For those of you who went this week -- how has the weather been at night? Of course I had custom short sleeve shirts made and I'm wondering if I should run out and buy a long sleeve shirt to go under them. We're from NJ so it'll still be warmer there then here :) I'm looking at the 10 day and it looks like it'll be in the high 70's next week when we go.

We were at the party last night. It's been very warm during the day....mid 80s. But at night at the party, I had jeans and a baseball shirt (3/4 quarter sleeves) on in the evening and it was definitely getting chilly. Today was near 80 but this evening it's only low 60s......it's cold! And I'm from up north too so I am use to the colder weather. I think extra long sleeve shirts would be a good idea!!!

We got a front row spot last night, right near the starting point, across from Pecos Bill, at about 10:45pm. It filled up behind us very quickly after that.

I'm curious if anyone has been to a sold-out party night? Is it as bad as a busy regular day?
We've been to several in the past. It's not as busy as a crowded day, but Main Street around parade and fireworks time is crushing. However walking around the park, on the rides, etc it still feels "empty." The special characters and shows will be crowded even on a non sold out night, though, as that's why most guests are there.

I can't comment on a sold out Christmas party, but I've been to several sold out Halloween parties. My opinion is that a sold-out party is still WAY better overall than a busy regular day. But, and this is a big but, party crowds are fundamentally "different" in many ways. They tend to be "lumpy" for lack of a better word. There can be parts of the park that seem absurdly crowded and way worse than a regular busy day, and then you walk to another land and it's totally empty with walk-on rides for everything but 7DMT.

I find party crowds fascinating frankly. I still think it's worth every penny - sold out or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter