"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I saw the notice that the Magic Express is now picking up guests 4 hours prior to scheduled departure... Our return flight is at 6:25am (yes.... but FREE using miles so we are living with it), are we going to *REALLY* be picked up at 2:30am to head to the airport? Is the ticket counters open at that time so that bags can be checked? If so, once through security will *anything* be open at that time? We are Pre Check, we don't want to be laying in the floor sleeping for hours with two kids (8 and 11). Is our best option Uber and staying in bed for another hour? If so, what time should we get picked up? Presume we'd need XL since it is 4 of us plus luggage. Thanks!

Last week our flight was at 9am and we were picked up at 4:50am. We get to MCO 3+ hours early, but security wouldn't let anyone line up until within 2 hours of the flight. Such a stressful mess.

How accurate are Orlando weather forecasts 4-5 days out regarding rain? Trying to figure out how to go about our schedule, we arrive on Thursday!
There's a 30% chance that they will 50% accurate 60% of the time. I am here now and the long range forecast for Thursday and Friday this week has changed at least twice a day.

Just wondering if anyone knows if they have a MVMCP phone cover this year. I didn’t see it anywhere in the merchandise updates but we love ours from last year and wanted to get another.

Hi, I saw the notice that the Magic Express is now picking up guests 4 hours prior to scheduled departure... Our return flight is at 6:25am (yes.... but FREE using miles so we are living with it), are we going to *REALLY* be picked up at 2:30am to head to the airport? Is the ticket counters open at that time so that bags can be checked? If so, once through security will *anything* be open at that time? We are Pre Check, we don't want to be laying in the floor sleeping for hours with two kids (8 and 11). Is our best option Uber and staying in bed for another hour? If so, what time should we get picked up? Presume we'd need XL since it is 4 of us plus luggage. Thanks!
I don't know about the XL... I can tell you that this past Sunday at 4:30pm, we took UberX to the airport from the Contemporary. Waited 4min, fare was $8.13 (then I added a tip). We were at the airport by 5:15 for our 6:50 flight. The app said we were upgraded to XL free of charge -- guess he was the closest and there wasn't demand at that moment for XL. No idea how typical ANY of this is or what to expect really early in the morning, but it was our experience just a couple of days ago.

When I saw DME was picking up 4 hours ahead, I decided against it -- seems ridiculous to me, especially as we have TSA pre-check, AND MCO isn't allowing people through security until you're within 2hrs of your flight. We already had our boarding passes and weren't checking bags. We had plenty of time using Uber and leaving when we did -- and we got an extra 1.5hrs+ in the park rather than sitting in an airport.

I would use uber. In fact, we use uber or a private car to get back to MCO all the time (can't handle DME any more!). At that hour, with pre-check, I would get uber about 3 hours before your flight (we've done 2 1/2, but it kind of makes me nervous - though your flight is super early). That gives you 30 minutes to get to the airport, 30 minutes to check bags and then you will be within your 2 hour window to get through security. You may still end up waiting an hour or more for your flight, but at least you won't be late.

Going on the 7th, everyday that gets closer, the weather report gets worse. Do they cancel parades or anything if it rains?
Its looking OK for the 7th but looks we are getting screwed for the 8th. First Christmas party for us and its looks to be ruined. I know GOD has more important things to work on but we seriously need some weather miracles.

Its looking OK for the 7th but looks we are getting screwed for the 8th. First Christmas party for us and its looks to be ruined. I know GOD has more important things to work on but we seriously need some weather miracles.

The weather is changing so much, it's definitely possible that it will get better.

Well with the current status of the 8th being a literal wash out, we changed our party day with disney to the 7th. Plan is land, get to hotel, relax and go to the party. We have a 2 day park ticket so we might go back to MK in the early afternoon or morning and do some shopping and then leave when the rain starts and head over to DS. Hopefully weather holds up for Epcot on saturday

Well with the current status of the 8th being a literal wash out, we changed our party day with disney to the 7th. Plan is land, get to hotel, relax and go to the party. We have a 2 day park ticket so we might go back to MK in the early afternoon or morning and do some shopping and then leave when the rain starts and head over to DS. Hopefully weather holds up for Epcot on saturday
I wish that was an option for us. We are arriving Thursday between 8 and 9pm and leaving Sunday at 8pm

well fingers crossed for you, hopefully the rain gets pushed off later into the night
yeah they have already pushed out the rain from Friday morning. I'm hoping the system will speed up and the rain will end up happening in the middle of the night.

We are attending the 12/17 party, and until tonight had not been able to book a dinner ADR at BOG for ANY night during our trip. An 8:10 res came up tonight during the party. I know this is personal preference for a lot of people, but should we take time out of the party to have dinner at BOG? We won't be waiting in line for pics with characters, and had planned to attend the 11:00pm parade, and otherwise just enjoy the night, the rides and the decorations. Pros and cons? Thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter