"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone eaten at BOG during a Christmas party? We have a reservation for 9:55pm...totally missing the fireworks! I have been searching for an earlier time!
We did a like 8pm but just for drinks and desserts. We'd never seen BOG but didn't want to waste a lot of party time with an entire sit down meal.

Has anyone eaten at BOG during a Christmas party? We have a reservation for 9:55pm...totally missing the fireworks! I have been searching for an earlier time!
The experience will be no different during party hours. While we love BOG, Holiday Wishes should not be missed!!!!!

The experience will be no different during party hours. While we love BOG, Holiday Wishes should not be missed!!!!!

That's what I've been told...someone said the fireworks are wonderful! How likely would it be to snag an earlier reservation closer to our trip? I know BOG is super popular!

That's what I've been told...someone said the fireworks are wonderful! How likely would it be to snag an earlier reservation closer to our trip? I know BOG is super popular!

Possible if willing to check daily/weekly. Go to Dining Reservation Forum and December Cancelation Thread.

NEWS (Holidays)

Sunset Seasons Greetings - NEW! (November 9th-December 31st)
As 2017 draws to a close, and night falls on Disney Hollywood Studios, an unforgettable scene starts to unfold for Guests of all ages. Billboards suddenly begin to move into motion and tell a tale, courtesy of iconic characters shar
ing their love for the season. All the while, the Hollywood Tower Hotel—a.k.a. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror—magically transforms, bringing to life the characters’ stories.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/sunset-seasons-greetings/

EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays (previously known as Holidays Around the World) November 19 - December 31, 2017
Guests will be able to experience the holiday traditions at all 11 World Showcase nations. The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays will include live musical productions, seasonal food & beverage specialties at the expanded Holiday Kitchens, and costumed performers bringing time-honored traditions to life throughout World Showcase. The best part is that all of this holiday fun is included in your park admission.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/holiday-festival/

NEWS (Holidays)

As 2017 draws to a close, and night falls on Disney Hollywood Studios, an unforgettable scene starts to unfold for Guests of all ages. Billboards suddenly begin to move into motion and tell a tale, courtesy of iconic characters shar
ing their love for the season. All the while, the Hollywood Tower Hotel—a.k.a. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror—magically transforms, bringing to life the characters’ stories.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/sunset-seasons-greetings/

EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays (previously known as Holidays Around the World) November 19 - December 31, 2017
Guests will be able to experience the holiday traditions at all 11 World Showcase nations. The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays will include live musical productions, seasonal food & beverage specialties at the expanded Holiday Kitchens, and costumed performers bringing time-honored traditions to life throughout World Showcase. The best part is that all of this holiday fun is included in your park admission.
First time going to Disney World for Christmas season since I was 16! We have our party booked for 12/10! I can't wait!!

NEWS (Holidays)

I can't wait to find more information about this. I assume that this will be before the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam fireworks.

NEWS

Echo Lake Christmas Decorations (New for 2017)
This holiday season, the Echo Lake area of Hollywood Studios will also receive a Christmas inspired facelift which will include a colossal Christmas tree, giant ornaments and most importantly a special Santa hat for Gertie the Dinosaur.

NEWS (Holidays)

gasp! I thought I was going to be too early for Holidays around the world! Our last park day is Nov 19 - going to have to re-evaluate my day. LOL

NEWS (Holidays)

I'm a bit confused though - is this (EPCOT) a separate ticket event? Or is it simply going on while you're there on your regular ticket?

We are headed to Disney for my son's birthday and Make-A-Wish trip on December 22 - December 30th. I know the last date of MVMCP is on December 22nd. We leave Boston early in the morning and arrive in Orlando around noon. Do you think it will be worth it to buy tickets after traveling with a newly 5 and 3 year old? I have heard it is amazing, but do not want to have two screaming kids that hate Disney after their first experience because they are overtired. Would love any recommendations for how to deal with crowds as well during the Christmas season. Thanks! Very excited for my children to experience the Magic of Disney.

We are headed to Disney for my son's birthday and Make-A-Wish trip on December 22 - December 30th. I know the last date of MVMCP is on December 22nd. We leave Boston early in the morning and arrive in Orlando around noon. Do you think it will be worth it to buy tickets after traveling with a newly 5 and 3 year old? I have heard it is amazing, but do not want to have two screaming kids that hate Disney after their first experience because they are overtired. Would love any recommendations for how to deal with crowds as well during the Christmas season. Thanks! Very excited for my children to experience the Magic of Disney.

What a wonderful way to spend time with your family during Christmas! I know many families choose Disney. Tickets for the day were $342 for our family of 3 (2A,1C). Only you know the true value. With that being said, have you had a chance to read Post #1, are you familiar with MVMCP? The treats, Dance party, Castle shows, character meet and greets, fireworks and parade are awesome! :santa:

I generally do not answer when I do not know more details then sound crazy, but I'll give it a try---I want you and yours to receive as much Pixie Dust pixiedust:as possible. Will you be in the MK on other days? Stroller? The Parade will take the place of FoF parade starting on 12/23. However, the fireworks will be unique to MVMCP. The Frozen Holiday Wish is offered during regular park times, as well as, MVMCP. The party officially starts at 7pm. In the past guests have been allowed to enter @ 4pm, we are not sure at this point, and my not know until the 1st MVMCP. There will be Characters unique to MVMCP - Sandy Claws, Santa Goofy, Scrooge McDuck, Nick & Judy (Zootopia), Minnie in Peppermint Dress, etc.

Will you be using DME? If so, that could take 2-3 hours to arrive at resort plus transportation to MK. Then you would need to eat. Do you have an ADR for arrival day? Are characters important? Is it worth the money even if you have to leave early? If stroller, could you stay longer? This is the last party so it will sell out. You would have to purchase in advance, whereas, on some parties you could wait & see how kids feel and purchase same day.

Our 1st MVMCP, DD was 5. Bedtime around 7pm. We went without a stroller. We didn't leave until 12:30am. DH did have to carry her a few times. It was a struggle at times too, no melt downs, just tired but didn't want to leave. She was a trooper. I had purposely scheduled a lat ADR the next morning. I have done the same for this year.

I hope this helps. Reply back if you have any other questions. Happy planning!:santa:

Last edited:
I would make the call day of. If they're sold out the kids won't know they missed anything, if the plane is delayed (highly probable that time of year you won't be stressed about losing the ticket money). You can evaluate the kids' condition once you arrive at the resort and make your best call.
ETA: just read PP's sage advise! Since the party will sell out I vote skip. Too many variables outside of your control for dealing with children that young.

What a wonderful way to spend time with your family during Christmas! I know many families choose Disney. Tickets for the day were $342 for our family of 3 (2A,1C). Only you know the true value. With that being said, have you had a chance to read Post #1, are you familiar with MVMCP? The treats, Dance party, Castle shows, character meet and greets, fireworks and parade are awesome! :santa:

I generally do not answer when I do not know more details then sound crazy, but I'll give it a try---I want you and yours to receive as much Pixie Dust pixiedust:as possible. Will you be in the MK on other days? Stroller? The Parade will take the place of FoF parade starting on 12/23. However, the fireworks will be unique to MVMCP. The Frozen Holiday Wish is offered during regular park times, as well as, MVMCP. The party officially starts at 7pm. In the past guests have been allowed to enter @ 4pm, we are not sure at this point, and my not know until the 1st MVMCP. There will be Characters unique to MVMCP - Sandy Claws, Santa Goofy, Scrooge McDuck, Nick & Judy (Zootopia), Minnie in Peppermint Dress, etc.

Will you be using DME? If so, that could take 2-3 hours to arrive at resort plus transportation to MK. Then you would need to eat. Do you have an ADR for arrival day? Are characters important? Is it worth the money even if you have to leave early? If stroller, could you stay longer? This is the last party so it will sell out. You would have to purchase in advance, whereas, on some parties you could wait & see how kids feel and purchase same day.

Our 1st MVMCP, DD was 5. Bedtime around 7pm. We went without a stroller. We didn't leave until 12:30am. DH did have to carry her a few times. It was a struggle at times too, no melt downs, just tired but didn't want to leave. She was a trooper. I had purposely scheduled a lat ADR the next morning. I have done the same for this year.

I hope this helps. Reply back if you have any other questions. Happy planning!:santa:

Thanks so much for all your input. We are very excited about everything. We are planning on going to MK during the time that we are there, but not on the 23rd, relaxing day that day as we have to pick up my parents at the airport. We will be at MK the 26th and maybe the 28th. We have already reserved a double stroller for our trip. We are staying at Give Kids the World, a resort for Wish Kids and we do have a rental car.
I did read the first post about everything that MVMCP has to offer. I am not sure what an ADR is? My son is actually petrified of characters that he can not recognize as being human. We are not sure how he is going to react to how big the characters are. We had Make-A-Wish cancel a private meet and greet with Mickey Mouse because we knew he would probably be too scared. Now his sister will probably run into every characters arms.
I am so torn between getting the tickets and just bringing the kids because I want to be part of the MVMCP so bad, but do not want to start our trip off on the wrong foot. We would never be able to visit Disney at Christmas without Make-A-Wish, so I want to take in everything.

I would make the call day of. If they're sold out the kids won't know they missed anything, if the plane is delayed (highly probable that time of year you won't be stressed about losing the ticket money). You can evaluate the kids' condition once you arrive at the resort and make your best call.
ETA: just read PP's sage advise! Since the party will sell out I vote skip. Too many variables outside of your control for dealing with children that young.

Thanks for your input! We shall keep our options open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter