"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to a MNSSHP last year and thought we would walk up and check and they said they could seat us! They said a family JUST walked up and canceled. Not sure if that's true (it would be a big coincidence) but whatever! You could always try that!

OTE="robndani, post: 58224931, member: 502006"]We went to a MNSSHP last year and thought we would walk up and check and they said they could seat us! They said a family JUST walked up and canceled. Not sure if that's true (it would be a big coincidence) but whatever! You could always try that![/QUOTE]
We may do that! Thanks!

What is it that everyone is doing that takes two parties?

Characters probably. If you want to meet a lot and do fireworks and the parade and shows it just isn't possible.
This!

We're doing three parties!

I want to meet specific characters, the ones with the longest wait usually, so we can't really see most of the shows and special offers like the dancing parties and the parades. So one of the parties are exclusively for meeting characters. The second party will be specifically to see parades and shows. And the last one we're doing it just to enjoy Magic Kingdom all dressed up for Christmas as it is our favorite time of the year.

I've done the HEA party with Plaza, and given the amount of castle projections, I would not want to do it with the Terrace view. That said, I've no idea how projections may or may not play into Holiday Wishes, so it might not be such an issue.
While there are not nearly the projections in Holiday Widhes that HEA has, I still hate the off center view from the terrace. And too many trees blocking your view of the castle (refer to black blob, below). I'd recommend the garden seating for a better view and better price. As mentioned, you still get a table and chairs for dessert, and many sit in the grass in the gardens as well.
IMG_7586.JPG

What do you do think of people going to the party wearing pajamas? We're thinking about going to one of the parties using flannel Christmas pajamas, that could be so fun if done right!

What do you do think of people going to the party wearing pajamas? We're thinking about going to one of the parties using flannel Christmas pajamas, that could be so fun if done right!

I think that would make for some awfully cute pictures.

I would go ahead and wear them, be advised that not as many people dress up Christmassy as dress up for Halloween, especially if it is an earlier party. But don't let that stop you.

One year my friend made us Christmas poodle type skirts, mine had orange bird with some Christmas lights and hers had Olaf.

A different year I went with 10 members of my family and we all wore ugly Christmas sweaters (we took every single one from the collection that our grandmother had given us over the years) and we were a huge hit. All the CMs loved the shirts.

I think that would make for some awfully cute pictures.

I would go ahead and wear them, be advised that not as many people dress up Christmassy as dress up for Halloween, especially if it is an earlier party. But don't let that stop you.

One year my friend made us Christmas poodle type skirts, mine had orange bird with some Christmas lights and hers had Olaf.

A different year I went with 10 members of my family and we all wore ugly Christmas sweaters (we took every single one from the collection that our grandmother had given us over the years) and we were a huge hit. All the CMs loved the shirts.
That's so fun! I definitely want to try to dress up at least a little bit. It will depend on the weather when we go to determine exactly what I will wear. I'm sure I will be torn between dressy and cheesy. I've never worn ears or a hat or anything in the Parks, but I feel like Christmas might be a good time to give it a try. :)

I'm so excited! We haven't been to Disney in a few years and I miss it so much! We are only going to do MVMCP, and then one day at Universal and one day at Disney Springs, but that's better than nothing. I'm sure many of you deal with the same thing we do, but as a family of 6, 4 people are considered adults and 2 kids, it gets expensive so quickly! We aren't telling the girls until the Sunday before we leave and I'm so excited I can't deal with it. I think I'm going to go ahead and buy the tickets this weekend for the party. We'll be there December 14th. I can't wait to find out when we're going to be able to enter the party. I am really hoping it's 4 like in the past.

I think the angle of viewing the fireworks is the biggest difference between the two. Everyone is seated for desserts, so you can still take a break. Then for the plaza viewing they move you so you are at an angle in front of the castle, standing or either sitting on the plaza. For the Tomorrowland Terrace view, you're off to the side a bit and seated for the actual fireworks. Also, the Tomorrowland one is covered in case of wetter weather, although if it was really rainy my guess is that the fireworks would be cancelled.

I've done the HEA party with Plaza, and given the amount of castle projections, I would not want to do it with the Terrace view. That said, I've no idea how projections may or may not play into Holiday Wishes, so it might not be such an issue.

While there are not nearly the projections in Holiday Widhes that HEA has, I still hate the off center view from the terrace. And too many trees blocking your view of the castle (refer to black blob, below). I'd recommend the garden seating for a better view and better price. As mentioned, you still get a table and chairs for dessert, and many sit in the grass in the gardens as well.
View attachment 272997

Thank you all for your input. I think I will stay with the reservation I have for the Plaza.

We are heading down to Orlando on Nov 27th and we only have 4 full park days planned (29th through Dec 2nd). I bit the bullet and decided to get tickets for the party on the 28th! Being able to enter the park at 4:00 was the deciding factor for us. We are two adults in our 30s so characters aren't really our thing, but rides with short wait times is totally our thing! I can't wait!
It's great for short lines. FYI lines won't get start to get short until 7pm or so and get shorter the later the night goes. Might not be a bad idea to get yourself a dinner reservation honestly if rides and short line are your goal. Eat while the crowds are still thick and the little kids are still awake.

Where does the main street bypass dump you? Over near Adventureland or Tomorrowland? We're hoping to head straight to Adventureland, to play Sorcerers of the Kingdom. Just trying to ascertain if we should use the bypass.

Where does the main street bypass dump you? Over near Adventureland or Tomorrowland? We're hoping to head straight to Adventureland, to play Sorcerers of the Kingdom. Just trying to ascertain if we should use the bypass.

Tomorrowland- although (if my memory serves correctly) you're still on Main Street, just in between the Plaza Restaurant and Tomorrowland Terrace.

We just heard from Make-A-Wish and they got us tickets for MVMCP. We are so excited. Our flight should land around noon. We will have some time to relax at GKTW before joining the party. My son is excitedto be able to stay up past bedtime!!

Hi! Your are most welcome!
ADR - Advanced Dining Reservation; reservations you already have scheduled, if any, at WDW like Crystal Palace.

Wanted you to know what's exclusive to MVMCP & what parts you could see during regular day @ MK. Also, inform you that party would sell out, so no option to wait & see, but if not going well, would you be okay with the amount of money spent on tickets. I have read about GKtW and have read great comments. I think everyone should attend MVMCP @ least once & strollers do make a difference. But I understand your concerns, especially about the characters. And a good balance b/t Disney experiences & starting trip off on a good note.

Have you researched rides your kids will be able to ride? Most rides will be walk on (or very short waits) except 7DMT. Jungle Cruise will be Jingle Cruise. With rental car, you should be fine on time, but dependent on flight arriving on time. Guess you need to decide if okay spending money & missing part of Party, if leaving would be necessary. Then seeing if any flight changes. Post #3 has which parties sold out last year & dates sold out on.

So- I am not going to any Christmas parties, buy my newly married niece,her husband and (his) 7 year old daughter have decided to visit my (DCP participant) daughter 11/13-11/15-they arrive early on the 13th and leave very late on the 15th. My daughter and I are gifting them MVMCP tickets for the party on the 14th.
They have never been to WDW, and I have never been to any parties! They are super excited but I think I am almost as excited for them!
This will probably be their only MK day-and it looks to be a low crowd week.
I'm hoping to be able to snag them a 1900 PF or BoG ADR at some point. They are going pretty budget(free tickets from my CM daughter, plus CM discount at CSR) but my niece said they will splurge for a character meal if I could get it. Although if lines are short during the party for the princess M&G may be not worth it? I do have a TH lunch already for them on departure day, and I did find a Chef Mickey as well... I think I am having as much fun planning stuff for them as they will have doing it LOL.

We just heard from Make-A-Wish and they got us tickets for MVMCP. We are so excited. Our flight should land around noon. We will have some time to relax at GKTW before joining the party. My son is excitedto be able to stay up past bedtime!!

That is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter