"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you checked out the first page of this thread? It is pretty full of information & will probably be the most comprehensive list of what the party entails. There are characters in Christmas outfits, special stage shows, plus the Christmas parade & fireworks that are only during the party. Right now the first page has info from previous years but again, the OP will update with this year's offerings once the parties start. That should help you make a decision.

Thank you - yes I read the first page, I guess I am just trying to figure out which out of those events listed don't happen at any other time. I guess maybe the answer is all of them? Except for some of the characters, like Mickey, Ariel, etc I know we can meet during regular park hours.

Thank you - yes I read the first page, I guess I am just trying to figure out which out of those events listed don't happen at any other time. I guess maybe the answer is all of them? Except for some of the characters, like Mickey, Ariel, etc I know we can meet during regular park hours.

Right, the stage shows, parade, fireworks & character meets with holiday outfits are only during the party in late November / early December. That does change during Christmas week, but when you are there, the only way to see those things is at the party.

We will be in WDW 11/25-12/3/2018 and I'm debating about MVMCP. Obviously we still have plenty of time to decide. It will be our first time there at Christmastime, and it will be me, DH, DS10, DS2, and DS2. I know only we can determine "worth", but is there some kind of list of what exactly we will get at the party that we won't get/see anywhere else at Disney during the Christmas season? My concern is our (almost) 2yo twins won't be able to stay long enough to make it worth it. But I also feel like if we are going to be there, we should go. This won't be our last trip, but we don't go every year or anything close. We will probably go every 3-4 years as the kids grow up, and this may be our last Christmas trip for 10-12 years, as we want to also try Halloween, F&G, etc.

Can your twins fall asleep in a double stroller? I'd almost just do it because your 10 year old will enjoy it and you don't have to pay for the twins to go! Or, can one of you go back with the twins if they don't last and the other one stay with the 10 year old?

Ariel, Belle, Princess Elena & Tink are the same in the day. Mickey and Minnie will have on different costumes during the party. All other characters and activities are exclusive to the party. Mickey's Once upon A Christmastime Parade will start on 12/23 in the MK replacing FoF parade in the daytime whereas it's during the night for MVMCP. HEA will still be the fireworks for MK not Holiday Wishes (MVMCP).

Last edited:

Can your twins fall asleep in a double stroller? I'd almost just do it because your 10 year old will enjoy it and you don't have to pay for the twins to go! Or, can one of you go back with the twins if they don't last and the other one stay with the 10 year old?

That's what I'm thinking, too. This is the last time we'll pay for only 3 of us, haha. They can fall asleep in the stroller right now, but they're only 9 months, so we'll have to see what being almost-2 brings. We are staying at CR for its proximity to MK, so worst case yes, one of us could easily go back to the room if we absolutely had to. Thank you!

I apologize if I missed it, but I did a search of the thread and didn't see anything. I was just wondering if there has been any resolution regarding whether the dessert party will also include reserved parade viewing, particularly since the MNSSHPs have started.

I'm so used to finding touring plans and suggestions for how to spend our time at the parks, but I haven't found much of anything for MVMCP. We are spending a different day of our trip at MK, and I'm working on a plan for that trip. We'll hit our "must see" stuff on the first day at MK, but I'm trying to figure out what I can or should save for MVMCP. I really don't understand if we should be focusing on parades, shows, characters, or rides at MVMCP. Any advice on how to make a plan for MVMCP?

I'm so used to finding touring plans and suggestions for how to spend our time at the parks, but I haven't found much of anything for MVMCP. We are spending a different day of our trip at MK, and I'm working on a plan for that trip. We'll hit our "must see" stuff on the first day at MK, but I'm trying to figure out what I can or should save for MVMCP. I really don't understand if we should be focusing on parades, shows, characters, or rides at MVMCP. Any advice on how to make a plan for MVMCP?

It really depends on what you like. Do you like to meet rare characters? Do you like the stage shows? You can always watch the shows, parades and fireworks on youtube to see if you might like to watch them in person.

There is no wrong way to do a party. Some people spend the whole night meeting characters. Other do nothing but short waits for attractions. Other want the parade and the shows.

I apologize if I missed it, but I did a search of the thread and didn't see anything. I was just wondering if there has been any resolution regarding whether the dessert party will also include reserved parade viewing, particularly since the MNSSHPs have started.
I tried searching their thread to see if there were any reports from anyone who had done the dessert party but couldn't find any. We won't know for sure until the MVMCPs start because some of us were told no parade and some of us were told MNSSHP has no parade but MVMCP will have the parade included. We will know for sure by the 2nd MVMCP because I'm attending that one and doing the Tomorrowland dessert party and will report back. Idk if we've got anyone going to #1 who will be doing the dessert party?

See Post #1. That's what Disney official website says. A few CMs & upper management in call center says included & others say no. I had a call back & email that stated from GS in MK that it wasn't & 1 call that said it was. Umm. It's not included with MNSSHP, per website & live reports. So I would say no, but still holding on to reservation until 1st party.

My Green RFID Cards for 12/19 arrived today and 12/22 on Saturday. Old tired designs. o_O

Oh, well! 2 parties. :santa: Woo- hoo!:woohoo:

My Green RFID Cards for 12/19 arrived today and 12/22 on Saturday. Old tired designs. o_O

Oh, well! 2 parties. :santa: Woo- hoo!:woohoo:

Only 1 party here but so much future fun!!

My little sister is coming because she wants to show her new husband Disney and 'how I do Disney'. We have free dining and will be seeing Pandora for the first time. I managed to get all of our dining reservations to line up how I want them.

Does anyone know what time the quick-service restaurants stop serving during MVMCP? I want to make sure we don't miss out on dinner, lol.

Only 1 party here but so much future fun!!

My little sister is coming because she wants to show her new husband Disney and 'how I do Disney'. We have free dining and will be seeing Pandora for the first time. I managed to get all of our dining reservations to line up how I want them.

Sweet! I'm so excited to go back during Christmas & to see Pandora for the 1st time too. Just made ADRs for Easter on Saturday & super excited about that. Never been during Easter, and it's on my list.

Didn't you just do Universal? Love me some HP.

Does anyone know what time the quick-service restaurants stop serving during MVMCP? I want to make sure we don't miss out on dinner, lol.
Not all QS places are open during MVMCP. They will be listed on the map but for the last year Cosmic Rays was the only one serving food after 10pm.

Nov 14 will be our first MVMCP and we can't wait! My son is obsessed with Jack Skellington and really wants to meet him at the party. Can anyone give me a feel for typical wait time for Jack? Do we need to line up early? What about location (where in Storybook Circus)? Thank you!

Sweet! I'm so excited to go back during Christmas & to see Pandora for the 1st time too. Just made ADRs for Easter on Saturday & super excited about that. Never been during Easter, and it's on my list.

Didn't you just do Universal? Love me some HP.

We were supposed to do Universal but we had to cancel. We've re-scheduled for Halloween week, which I'm super excited about. We extended our Universal APs. I will have to work remotely during the day, so we're doing a MNSSHP, we're getting a frequent fear pass (for the price of one MNSSHP) so that we can do Halloween Horror Nights at Universal for 4 nights during Halloween week. I'm trying to find us a reservation for the headless horseman meet at Disney but so far no luck. We are going to go to the Disney nature preserve and see Thor on opening night at Disney Springs.

We are also doing two days at Universal during our December trip so we can see the new Harry Potter Christmas stuff!!!! I hope you're popping over to Universal for some of their Christmas stuff.

Nov 14 will be our first MVMCP and we can't wait! My son is obsessed with Jack Skellington and really wants to meet him at the party. Can anyone give me a feel for typical wait time for Jack? Do we need to line up early? What about location (where in Storybook Circus)? Thank you!

You will want to line up early, his waits can be hours long. Check back here after the first party so you can be sure when Jack will start to meet. Last year he didn't start early but other years he has.

Only 38 more days until the first MVMCP!! Hopefully we will get some good feedback/info on the map and character locations
The first party happens to be the night before we leave for our vacation (doing Universal before Disney), so I'm going to have to figure out the best way to read all the reports about it on my phone. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter