• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my two cents but i feel like for every person on these message boards going to Disney, there's 5 or maybe even 10, 20 that either don't know about these boards or just don't go on them. I think it's hard to base it going off that alone.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. So which day would YOU go?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. So which day would YOU go?

For me, I would factor in what park I was doing that day and if I was doing that same park on another day or not, so not to miss any of the night time attractions/shows at that park. Like, for us, we decided to do the party on 12/1 because it's our last day and wanted to leave on a high note. Don't think you'll really go wrong picking either!!!

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate question to one further up-thread. This will be a our first time attending a party of any kind at WDW. I just bought our tickets for 12/17, and obviously there are no dining package ADRs. Will other QS restaurants be in operation, or are food options limited to the three restaurants + dessert packages? Planning to spend that day in MK, return to BLT for break/naps and come back for the party. Do we need to eat dinner before we return if we can't snag a ressie?

For me, I would factor in what park I was doing that day and if I was doing that same park on another day or not, so not to miss any of the night time attractions/shows at that park. Like, for us, we decided to do the party on 12/1 because it's our last day and wanted to leave on a high note. Don't think you'll really go wrong picking either!!!
I had thought about the party 12/3 but wasn't sure I would want to be out late our last night, but we don't fly out until after 4pm.

We are there from 11/21-12/4 so we have multiple days at every park plus several resort days. I do have a California Grill Brunch ADR on the 26th so I think I will stick with the 28th so we can watch the fireworks Sunday from the Observation Deck at CG.

Thanks KD for your input! Sometimes it takes "talking " it out to decide. :chat:

Going nov. 9, sold out, first night. Not interested in characters so I guess that's good because it's sold out and will be crazy crowded. Maybe my character locator instead should be hunting down my fave bloggers, podcasters and character locator experts (that would be kenny) and stalk them, taking photos with them instead?!!! Because clearly, they're all coming that night and in a strange way even way better to meet them for me then mickey again!!!

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate question to one further up-thread. This will be a our first time attending a party of any kind at WDW. I just bought our tickets for 12/17, and obviously there are no dining package ADRs. Will other QS restaurants be in operation, or are food options limited to the three restaurants + dessert packages? Planning to spend that day in MK, return to BLT for break/naps and come back for the party. Do we need to eat dinner before we return if we can't snag a ressie?

Considering how much the tickets are, I wouldn't spend party time at a meal, and definitely not at a table service meal.

How early should we line up to meet Scrooge and Donald?
Last year we lined up around 6:30 and the line was quite long. We didn’t meet them until after 7:30. This was a sold out night, but if you want to be one of the first in line, I’d plan for closer to 6.

I ordered two amazing Christmas PJ from Kohl's thanks to a PP. Now I just need my ugly sweaters but I'm holding off on buying them because there's so much cute stuff at the Once Upon A Time store at DHS that I'll need to see it first before I commit to one style!

There will be a number of QS options available throughout MK that night. We were just at MNSSHP and ate at Pecos Bills. We have an ADR for our upcoming MVMCP at Crystal Palace and I am considering canceling it and opting for a QS meal that night when we get hungry. Hope you have a great time!

I've got an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern for 4:55pm on our party night (the weekend after Thanksgiving). Never eaten there, but I thought the menu would be perfect and getting a few drinks before the party starts seemed like a good idea. Given that there's no way we're standing in line for hours for characters, anyone see any problem with that time for an ADR ? I figure we'll be done between 6:30 and 7, and with the party starting at 7, that should be perfect.

If it matters, we've got regular tickets for that day, and are actually going to be at MK EARLY (as we're doing Keys to the Kingdom in the morning). And we've got two more MK days later in the week, so we won't really care about getting in at 4pm and riding rides.

Yes, there will be some QS options available during the party. IMO, you should eat before the party. We always have an early dinner on party nights, b/t 2-3pm. Then grab a snack during the party.

Post #1 lists party details.

QS Details, See Post #1.
:santa: Are there any Dining Options?
Dining is available at select counter service and snack locations throughout the park, but is very limited once the party begins. It’s probably wise to eat your main evening meal prior to attending the party.

Counter Service Dining Locations Open During Party:

I ordered two amazing Christmas PJ from Kohl's thanks to a PP. Now I just need my ugly sweaters but I'm holding off on buying them because there's so much cute stuff at the Once Upon A Time store at DHS that I'll need to see it first before I commit to one style!

Is there a link or photos of this once upon a time store? My wife loves Regina and has met her 2x now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter