• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, how many of the kids have been to Disney before and how much time will you be spending at MK besides the party?

None of the kids have been to Disney before, but we will have had 2 days in MK before this MVMCP, so I'm not too concerned about rides. I do want to keep the kiddos happy for sure - happy kids means less stress for the rest of us. But... the trip is 3 generations, so my Mom is along (the 5 kids are her grandkids) and I know one of the things she will really love is a group photo of all of us (without other people in it) while we are all dressed in hideous, holiday, matching shirts, ha ha ha ha! So that's where our focus on a group photo with 7 Dwarfs is coming from. I think it's extra stressful for the MVMCP because it's only happening once & the cost factors in to wanting a good experience - we have Park Hoppers for the rest of our trip so I feel like if someone really likes something or we miss it, we might still get back to it. But on this party night, we miss it & we're out of luck! Aaaahhhhh!!!! :)

None of the kids have been to Disney before, but we will have had 2 days in MK before this MVMCP, so I'm not too concerned about rides. I do want to keep the kiddos happy for sure - happy kids means less stress for the rest of us. But... the trip is 3 generations, so my Mom is along (the 5 kids are her grandkids) and I know one of the things she will really love is a group photo of all of us (without other people in it) while we are all dressed in hideous, holiday, matching shirts, ha ha ha ha! So that's where our focus on a group photo with 7 Dwarfs is coming from. I think it's extra stressful for the MVMCP because it's only happening once & the cost factors in to wanting a good experience - we have Park Hoppers for the rest of our trip so I feel like if someone really likes something or we miss it, we might still get back to it. But on this party night, we miss it & we're out of luck! Aaaahhhhh!!!! :)

I would maybe take some stress out of it and aim for a magic shot with all of you. That way you get your picture but a little less stressful if you don’t need to wait for a (very popular) character

I’m in a similar boat as you ... taking a 5yo and 2yo to the party on the 28th. I am on the fence about watching the parade on Main Street...we did last time and it was magical but CHAOTIC. We are going to watch FOF from Frontierland and then make a decision about MVMCP. I just can’t imagine making them wait 2 hours and not ‘enjoying’ the party....

I understand, I talked DH into this trip as our "2018" Disney trip. Disney at Christmas is just something I've always wanted to do and I'm not sure if we'll do it more than once. So I am stressing quite a bit about this trip too. Would you consider getting a family pic with Christmas Mickey? He may have a shorter wait (I'm sure someone could speak to that) but that would be a really great family pic I'd think, and no other people in the background.

Was 40 min about right or did you feel like you were early? We were planning fireworks then go see Mickey’s stage show and then keep our spot for the parade. I’m wondering if that will work or if we have it all too cramped together?

I'll be honest, by that point we were exhausted so I didn't want to bother fitting anything else in. If you are not too picky with being right up front for the stage show and are ok, with standing further back, depending on where you stand you could keep the same spot for the parade? Either way, we didn't bother trying to see the show, but maybe 40 minutes was a little early for our parade spot. However, please be mindful that our spot wasn't on the curb either, it was right at the white line that they put on the ground to leave room for a walkway.

I haven’t seen info in how long Moana’s line is and the best time to see her. She’s the only character I’m interested in as we will be at the party the Friday!

Someone posted a few pages back that they saw a 30 minute wait later in the night but the CM told them that was the shortest it gets. I think they said something like it's a normal 2 hour wait. I'm going to to scope it out while we are there but not getting my hopes up. We are going on a Tuesday so maybe it won't be so bad. Good luck to you on Friday!

What time do the characters stop meeting during the party? Do they close off lines for meet and greets at a certain time before the party ends?

I'll be honest, by that point we were exhausted so I didn't want to bother fitting anything else in. If you are not too picky with being right up front for the stage show and are ok, with standing further back, depending on where you stand you could keep the same spot for the parade? Either way, we didn't bother trying to see the show, but maybe 40 minutes was a little early for our parade spot. However, please be mindful that our spot wasn't on the curb either, it was right at the white line that they put on the ground to leave room for a walkway.

Thanks! I just changed our plan :)

This! I think go with the flow and grab a photo pass picture when the kids are happy and well fed otherwise you might have a bunch of crank pots after waiting. You know the kiddos best though!

Have you looked at any of the touring plans party guides? Those were helpful for me!

What time do the characters stop meeting during the party? Do they close off lines for meet and greets at a certain time before the party ends?
I'm wondering this too. I wasn't planning on focusing too much on characters, but I know DS and DD would love to love to meet Moana. We might try to squeeze Minnie in for DD as well as she's her absolute favorite. I'm wondering if we can watch the fireworks from the side and make a mad dash afterwards to Moana and try for Minnie just before the second parade assuming she'll stay up that late.

Cast members will close the lines when it's their best guess that guests in line will take them to the end of their set.

Some characters end at 1130, others at 12.

You'll have to sign up for kennythepirate and his $7 a year character locator. I don't know which end at 1130 and not all the characters are even on Disney's app.

Waiting until later in the night is always a gamble. Sometimes the lines will be short, other times they'll already he cut off.

So I'm working on our plan for the party on 12/7. We'll be getting into the park at 4, so this is what I thought:

4PM: ride 1-2 rides
5:00 - 5:30 - get in line for 7D

after that I'm not sure what order we should do shows/parade/fireworks in. We'll stay out all night if we have to, but we have to rope drop at AK the next day so we have to be there for 7:30. Any opinions would be helpful!

So after looking at the map, and making sure everyone was fine with staying out that long, I think this is our plan.

4PM: ride 1-2 rides - I might try for some fastpasses, but we'll see.
5:00 - 5:30 - get in line for 7D
7:40 - Merriest Celebration
8:15 - Frozen Holiday Wish
Break for Rides, Snacks, etc.
10:00 - Holiday Wishes
11:00 - Parade - near train station so we get snow and can be close to the exit.

I think I got myself all worked up that there is no way I can do everything in one party and started considering buying tickets for another one. Luckily my DH is much more reasonable than I am and talked me down :) Of course we won't get everything possible done at one party. We are at MK for 3 mornings in addition to the party, one of which is supposed to be a "level 3" day and we could stay longer if we want to. We also have an FP for 7DMT for before the party starts so that takes care of the majority of the rides.

How are the lines for characters during the first parade? Do they drop off quite a bit? Is there a large focus on castle projections for the fireworks, where it is really best to be front and centre? If I watch the parade in another area besides Main St, how early should we stake out a spot?

I think it is either line up before 5 so your wait doesn't take up any party time...either that or take a gamble that the line might get shorter during fireworks or later in that night.

7 dwarves have scarves.
Aladdin meets in his Prince Ali outfit.
Pooh gang wears scarves.
Mickey has a Christmas outfit on (has different Christmas outfit on that coordinates with Minnie's at AK that you can meet during the regular day)
Minnie and Daisy have Christmas outfits
Peter Pan has a scarf.
Goofy has a santa outfit.
Donald has a Christmas plaid outfit.

These are the ones in different outfits, doesn't take into account characters you can't meet on day to day basis like Scrooge.

Thanks for info!

So, what is everybody wearing to the party? DH and I are attending our first MVMCP on Dec. 5th. I'm not sure what I want to wear. I read somewhere that some people went in pajamas. I'm not sure if I would be too hot in a ugly christmas sweater. I love matching shirts and wanted to do Christmas tie-dye but DH is not down with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter