"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why MVMCP is overwhelming me but it is! How long is the parade? if we go to the 11pm parade and are on Main st will we have time to go see Mickey's Merriest Celebration show @ 11:35 or no?

I am going to get in line for Jack abt 5pm while my son, daughter and son's girlfriend ride SM (have a FP for it), is it okay for them to then join me on the line or is that frowned upon?

My first MVMCP is 3 weeks away and I am sooooo excited!!!

5 for Sparrow is a bit early. I would say start lining up around 6:15 or so to be among the first. Usually it is ok to have people join you in line. Just use common courtesy though. As in..if only one person is waiting then it wouldn't be very nice if all the other people who join get solo pics.

I was once second in line to meet Rapunzel/Flynn and Cinderella/Prince. Then the girl in front of me had (not kidding) 8 friends join her about 5 minutes before the party started. Then she invited two more people to join her in line because they recognized her from a blog. So not only did it go from one person in front of me to about 10, they all then proceeded to get solo pics and spend a very long time interacting.

So moral of the story...don't be like those people and I'm sure you'll be fine :)

. So not only did it go from one person in front of me to about 10, they all then proceeded to get solo pics and spend a very long time interacting.

THIS!!! I have no problem letting people hold spots so others can do what they want but I had this happen with Sandy Claws - waited 45 mins and then the guy in front of me suddenly had 8 people show up as it was their turn, but because they just showed up it was 10 mins of chatting and prepping before they started. It was my and DH like let us go quick at least.

I'll be there 12/19! :) It will be interesting to compare experiences!

Yes, hoping for better crowds on 12/19 vs 12/21 :santa:, but wanted last party just because changing resorts on 12/23 and using that as a sleep in day. I figured 12/21 & 12/22 would both sell out, but who knows now though.

Anyone want to give their opinion on how crowds may be on November 28th? I am hopeful we are between crowds for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Thanks in Advance for all of your views!!

Yes, hoping for better crowds on 12/19 vs 12/21 :santa:, but wanted last party just because changing resorts on 12/23 and using that as a sleep in day. I figured 12/21 & 12/22 would both sell out, but who knows now though.

Yeah I was convinced the Nov 1 MNSSHP would sell out and it did not.

Anyone want to give their opinion on how crowds may be on November 28th? I am hopeful we are between crowds for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Thanks in Advance for all of your views!!
I have heard in past that party being a good one for that exact reason, Thanksgiving rush is gone but holiday/xmas crowd hasn't come in yet. But then it also depends who you "read" because some people say Sunday is the best night others say Tuesdays are - obviously the later in December and Fridays being the most crowded by default.

I am going Sunday Dec 10th and pray its quiet. I have been to a Tues and Thurs in past.

I have heard in past that party being a good one for that exact reason, Thanksgiving rush is gone but holiday/xmas crowd hasn't come in yet. But then it also depends who you "read" because some people say Sunday is the best night others say Tuesdays are - obviously the later in December and Fridays being the most crowded by default.

I am going Sunday Dec 10th and pray its quiet. I have been to a Tues and Thurs in past.

How were the Thursday parties? We'll be at the one on 12/7.

Yeah I was convinced the Nov 1 MNSSHP would sell out and it did not.

I thought 11/1 would sell out too. I also thought 12/22 would have sold out once the 1st party occurred. Oh, well! This can be a good thing.

However, I'm sort of concerned by the MNSSHP reports PP saying parties were extra crowded but were not sold out. @Cluelyss - thoughts? I think you mentioned this too.....

I have been trying to find out if the characters at dining, specifically Crystal Palace are in their holiday outfits during the party? Or do we still have to go wait in line after dinner if we want pics with them in their holiday garb?

I have been trying to find out if the characters at dining, specifically Crystal Palace are in their holiday outfits during the party? Or do we still have to go wait in line after dinner if we want pics with them in their holiday garb?

As far as I know they are in their regular outfits at the meal.

My family is going to the party on 12/1. We would love to meet the 7D, Moana, and Nick and Judy. Is it unrealistic to think we could do all 3 and still see the parade, fireworks and get some snacks? This is our first party ever so I don’t know first hand what to expect. Thanks!

Yeah! TP is predicting our party night (12/5) will be the least crowded! We are not really focusing on the rides (besides 7DMT) or the really popular characters so hopefully we can get some great viewing spots for parade and fireworks without having to wait around too much. My red MagicBand arrived today and most of my Christmas decorations are up, really feeling the Christmas spirit! :santa:

Has anyone ever been to the last party? How crazy is it? We have family coming in from out of town. It might make sense for them because they would be considering a one day ticket so the price for the party would be close. They wouldn't be interested in the characters, just the rides and probably the 2nd parade. Are the ride wait times horrible?

I have no frame of reference because when we've done the party in the past we've always gone mid-November so crowds were usually fine.

Wait times for rides will be low. I just got back from the sold-out first night party and we walked on mostly everything. The only thing with a wait was 7DMT and it was about 30 mins max.

Yes, it’s open. We rode it twice in a row without having to unload on the first party night. :)
That sounds like an actual dream come true!

My family is going to the party on 12/1. We would love to meet the 7D, Moana, and Nick and Judy. Is it unrealistic to think we could do all 3 and still see the parade, fireworks and get some snacks? This is our first party ever so I don’t know first hand what to expect. Thanks!

Hmm.

In line for Moana at 4. She speaks and does autographs, so her interactions are generally much longer.

She'll come out at 5:45.

Go immediately to 7 Dwarves. The line will probably be long. They come out at 6:15. Hopefully you'll meet them by 7:30.

See the first parade, then the fireworks. After the fireworks, go immediately to Nick and Judy. In between do the snack locations, or else send out a runner to get snacks while the others wait in line.

I have a guest attending the 11/26 MVMCP with me who really doesn't want to have to ride a bus back to our resort (BWV). Is it difficult to catch a Minnie Van back from the party (figure around 11:30) ? If not Minnie Van, how about an Uber from Contemporary ? It's going to be a LONG day, so figure we better have the exit strategy mapped out.

I have a guest attending the 11/26 MVMCP with me who really doesn't want to have to ride a bus back to our resort (BWV). Is it difficult to catch a Minnie Van back from the party (figure around 11:30) ? If not Minnie Van, how about an Uber from Contemporary ? It's going to be a LONG day, so figure we better have the exit strategy mapped out.

Minnie Vans are at Contemporary. However, it just being the two of you I might go ahead and book and uber as you are walking over to the contemporary. I am not sure how the availability of Minnie Vans would be at that time of night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter