"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! TP is predicting our party night (12/5) will be the least crowded! We are not really focusing on the rides (besides 7DMT) or the really popular characters so hopefully we can get some great viewing spots for parade and fireworks without having to wait around too much. My red MagicBand arrived today and most of my Christmas decorations are up, really feeling the Christmas spirit! :santa:

That's great news! We're going on the 5th also!! :santa:

Minnie Vans are at Contemporary. However, it just being the two of you I might go ahead and book and uber as you are walking over to the contemporary. I am not sure how the availability of Minnie Vans would be at that time of night.

There will be 4 of us (2 large). We would only walk to Contemporary if we had to .... it was my understandimg if a Minnie Van was available, they could pick you up at the bus area at MK ?

Hmm.

In line for Moana at 4. She speaks and does autographs, so her interactions are generally much longer.

She'll come out at 5:45.

Go immediately to 7 Dwarves. The line will probably be long. They come out at 6:15. Hopefully you'll meet them by 7:30.

See the first parade, then the fireworks. After the fireworks, go immediately to Nick and Judy. In between do the snack locations, or else send out a runner to get snacks while the others wait in line.
I would agree with all of these suggestions. We went to Nick and Judy immediately after the fireworks last year, on a sold out night, and only had about a 30 minute wait.

Has anyone ever been to the last party? How crazy is it? We have family coming in from out of town. It might make sense for them because they would be considering a one day ticket so the price for the party would be close. They wouldn't be interested in the characters, just the rides and probably the 2nd parade. Are the ride wait times horrible?

I have no frame of reference because when we've done the party in the past we've always gone mid-November so crowds were usually fine.
It will be busy, but no more so than any other sold out partying. Just go in with a plan and you’ll be fine!!!

However, I'm sort of concerned by the MNSSHP reports PP saying parties were extra crowded but were not sold out. @Cluelyss - thoughts? I think you mentioned this too.....
We attended two Halloween parties, one sold out and one did not. There was a noticeable difference in crowds between the two, everywhere, and our sold out party felt busier than any other sellout we have attended in the past. But we had no issues at the non sell out. The crowds were very managable and ride wait times low.

Last edited:

There will be 4 of us (2 large). We would only walk to Contemporary if we had to .... it was my understandimg if a Minnie Van was available, they could pick you up at the bus area at MK ?
Yes, that’s correct, the vans will pick up and drop off at the MK bus station.

Does anyone have strategy advice for meeting Santa Goofy or Donald and Scroodge?
Line up early for the ducks, they are very popular. Around 6 if you want to be one of the first to meet them. We didn’t get in line until about 630 last year, and it was almost 8 o’clock before we finally met them.

I think I read this here and those talking of exit strategies are making me think of it:

I want to park at the Contemporary and pay for valet parking which I understand is $25.

Is this good for all day or do I pay again if I leave and come back?

I think I read this here and those talking of exit strategies are making me think of it:

I want to park at the Contemporary and pay for valet parking which I understand is $25.

Is this good for all day or do I pay again if I leave and come back?

Your valet receipt is good for return service for the entire day, including other deluxe resorts with valet as well.

Made my headbands and matching magicband. The 12/1 party works into my plans way better than 11/28. Not sure if I should pull the trigger or not? Decisions, decisions....

38413076562_05e8bd4165_z.jpg

We're leaving in 10 days too ! We're worse than you, though ... we told the kids were going to Chicago for the weekend to visit family. We want to see if we can get them to the airline gate before we drop the surprise on them. They're 17 and 11 .... so it's tough to fool them these days, but were guessing they'd never believe we'd pull them out of school and take them on a week vacation right before Christmas. We picked the 11/26 party ... going to jump in to this surprise with both feet :)

That is so exciting!! My kids are 15,11 and 7......I️ want to tell them a few days ahead of time to build up excitement for them and so they can get their schoolwork before we go. Good luck with the surprise (it’s the funnest part!!)

How were the Thursday parties? We'll be at the one on 12/7.
Well the Thursday party was my first ever so we didn't do a lot of planning - so we probably would have fared better if we had, we also wasted time eating at BOG on a 5:45 reservation that we didn't sit until 6:20 - we met Jack only then did some rides (all walk on pretty much) fireworks and shifted from garden area to main street bridge area to grab a curb side for second parade - after parade we booked it to 7DMT - I will say that party felt busier than the Tuesday night one but with dinner we wasted some time.

Has anyone ever been to the last party? How crazy is it? We have family coming in from out of town. It might make sense for them because they would be considering a one day ticket so the price for the party would be close. They wouldn't be interested in the characters, just the rides and probably the 2nd parade. Are the ride wait times horrible?

I have no frame of reference because when we've done the party in the past we've always gone mid-November so crowds were usually fine.

We are going to last party because that’s the only night that worked with school and the time frame my inlaws are visiting. I’m expecting a sold out party. My MIL is 79yo so we are mostly focusing on both parades, fireworks and cookies. We have fastpasses for the little mermaid ride, Pooh ride & to meet Cinderella (her favorite princess). I’m looking forward to it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter