"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made my headbands and matching magicband. The 12/1 party works into my plans way better than 11/28. Not sure if I should pull the trigger or not? Decisions, decisions....

38413076562_05e8bd4165_z.jpg
These are GORGEOUS!!! I am in awe of your madd earz skillz!!! :love::worship:

Does anyone know if the Reindeer Wranglers are back this year at the party as well?

I’m a little confused on the timing of fantasmic, sunset greetings and jingle bell jingle bam......will they be staggered to see all in one night?

I’m a little confused on the timing of fantasmic, sunset greetings and jingle bell jingle bam......will they be staggered to see all in one night?

I don't know about Sunset Greetings, but Fantasmic and Jingle Bell Jingle Bam are intentionally scheduled the way they are to pretty much force people to choose since the JBJB viewing area is much smaller than the Fantasmic theater.

I don't know about Sunset Greetings, but Fantasmic and Jingle Bell Jingle Bam are intentionally scheduled the way they are to pretty much force people to choose since the JBJB viewing area is much smaller than the Fantasmic theater.

That stinks! I️ only planned one day at HS......which would you choose? We haven’t seen either

That stinks! I️ only planned one day at HS......which would you choose? We haven’t seen either

I don't know - JBJB didn't get good reviews last year, but they've made changes to it for this year. I might be more inclined to want to do something Christmassy, but I have seen Fantasmic.

BTW, this thread is for discussion of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) at MK - you might find this thread more useful for questions about other Christmas offerings:

https://disboards.com/threads/2017-holidays-at-disney-world-whats-new-whats-returning.3636994/

Question: We didn’t receive hard tickets. Ours are in the MDE. IF we’re already in the parks do we need to go back the front at 4pm so they scan our magic bands?

Question: We didn’t receive hard tickets. Ours are in the MDE. IF we’re already in the parks do we need to go back the front at 4pm so they scan our magic bands?

No, but you will need to get a wristband to show that you belong in the party - post #1 says where you can get them.

I’m excited about JBJB & SG. We watch F! Every trip. I did add descriptions, times to Post #2 for those that would be interested in other Holiday Happenings— didn’t realize Post #2 would evolve so much. Lol! Personal preference, Christmas with Disney twist vs Traditional Disney (F!) which is awesome.

OK, so I've been working on a plan for our 12/10 party and I'm looking to get a bit of help. Our party focus is characters, shows/parades, and photos. We're going to try and stay all the way until MK closes and cram as much Christmas into 1 night as humanly possible! I'd like some opinions on whether this is too much to try and do all in a single party or if there are any suggestions on order. We've gone to WDW a few times in the past couple of years and will be going back a few times in the coming years, so we're really focusing on the Christmas stuff, as we normally go in May/June. Here's what's on our list (in a semblance of order):

Jingle Cruise (before start of party using AP)
7 Dwarfs
Scrooge
Santa Goofy
Castle Lighting
Jack Skellington
Country Bears
Fireworks
Parade
Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
Most Merriest Celebration
Mickey
As many Photopass/Magic shots as I can possibly make my kids smile for :teeth:

I think that's it. I know it's a lot and we could possibly cut out a couple of the characters if time is running short (Country Bears, Mickey). Do we have any chance of getting most of this done and does anyone have any suggestions on a different arrangement? I'm not opposed to the earlier parade if it would make more sense. Thanks for all of the advice and info you've already shared through this thread, this is a great bunch of Dis'ers!

Line up early for the ducks, they are very popular. Around 6 if you want to be one of the first to meet them. We didn’t get in line until about 630 last year, and it was almost 8 o’clock before we finally met them.

Thanks! The only party we've been to before we did not mess with meeting characters. We happened upon a short line for Jack Skellington and that was it. I'd like to work in meeting either Santa Goofy, the ducks or possible the 7D this time around. Perhaps we can use the time in line to eat dinner!

OK, so I've been working on a plan for our 12/10 party and I'm looking to get a bit of help. Our party focus is characters, shows/parades, and photos. We're going to try and stay all the way until MK closes and cram as much Christmas into 1 night as humanly possible! I'd like some opinions on whether this is too much to try and do all in a single party or if there are any suggestions on order. We've gone to WDW a few times in the past couple of years and will be going back a few times in the coming years, so we're really focusing on the Christmas stuff, as we normally go in May/June. Here's what's on our list (in a semblance of order):

Jingle Cruise (before start of party using AP)
7 Dwarfs
Scrooge
Santa Goofy
Castle Lighting
Jack Skellington
Country Bears
Fireworks
Parade
Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
Most Merriest Celebration
Mickey
As many Photopass/Magic shots as I can possibly make my kids smile for :teeth:

I think that's it. I know it's a lot and we could possibly cut out a couple of the characters if time is running short (Country Bears, Mickey). Do we have any chance of getting most of this done and does anyone have any suggestions on a different arrangement? I'm not opposed to the earlier parade if it would make more sense. Thanks for all of the advice and info you've already shared through this thread, this is a great bunch of Dis'ers!
I’m in no way a party expert, as I just attended my first party on Sunday night. That being said, I didn’t get nearly as much done as I would have liked and I think that was mainly due to the first parade. We were afraid of rain and didn’t want to chance it-it was raining and everything said it wasn’t currently raining so I lost all trust in the apps for the day). The second parade had seats available when we were in Frontierland at 11ish.
For the country bears, at around 10:45 they were just dancing out front of country bear jamboree in the street and interacting with people waiting along the parade route. We got our pictures with all of them and interacted with them with no wait.
Photopass had long lines at the very beginning of the party and whenever people were packed around Main Street. The ugly sweater photopass was only about 5-10 minute wait at 7:00 but it grew while we were there so I’m not sure how long it got over time. (Tip: We also found the floating lantern magic shot with a 5 minute wait during the party!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter