Official (not really, but we'll pretend) KOTS club signup

LaraK

<font color=magenta>A wet monitor is the sign of a
:ssst: So are you a keeper of the secret? Have you decided when/where to reveal? Have you been in the past and have a story to tell or pictues to post? Let us know here. Add the special :ssst: KOTS tag to your signature to show you are a member of the club!

Sign me up!!! Planning a surprise trip in June for my 2 kids DD12 and DS11.:banana: :cool1:

Sign me up!!! Planning a surprise trip in June for my 2 kids DD12 and DS11.:banana: :cool1:

Me too!! When are you going? We will be at Pop 6/22 - 7/01. It is a birthday trip for DDs...oldest will turn 11 on 6/25 and youngest will turn 4 on 7/02. Also mine & DH's 16th anniversary is 6/22. So I'm calling it the Super Surprise Celebration Trip...ha!!

Finally LaraK, I am dying to be member of this "unoffical" club for the support!!!!WE are planning a surprise trip for Nov. 07

:grouphug:

I wanna be a member! lol! We are leaving on the 25th of this month. Here is what my plan is (If I can keep it that long)

Our plane leaves at 7:10 so we will have to leave our house at 4:00 Am to make it to the airport and check in and all before getting on the plane.

We will wake them up at 3:45 and get them dressed. We will tell them we are going to go to Grammy's (Which is about a 20 minute drive but they will be asleep) we will then drive to the airport. There suitcases will be in the trunk and will be wrapped in pretty Disney paper. When we get to the airport and park our car we will wake them up and tell them we have a present for them (They have never been on an airplane so they will not know what the airport looks like plus they will be half asleep) They will them open their suitcase and we will be on our way. I am planning to video the whiole thing and have my camera ready!

My dd's are 1, 3 and 7 so I am sure the baby will not know what is going on but the older 2 will be so EXCITED!

Keep your fingers crossed for me! I can not take it much longer but I think I have it planned out well and if I spill the beans I will be so UPSET!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Candice
Disney bound! January 25th-31st
Staying at the POP!

Oh yeah baby! sign me up!:Pinkbounc

We (my DH and I) currently have two different "reveal" plans. I promise to come back to this thread after the kids go to school and share both! I'd love to have your opinions.

My dh and I are surprising our three kids, 12, 9, and 7 next Tuesday and I can't wait. My husband didn't think I could do it but it has been a few months and I haven't slipped once, though came close so many times. It is hard!! I finished packing today, actually couldn't wait for the kids to go back to school after Christmas break so I could do it. When the kids woke us up Christmas morning at 5 am, we said to them that we would get even with them one day and wake them up early also!! I haven't decided whether we should wake them up by saying "surprise, we are going to Disneyworld" or if we should change the clocks in their rooms and pretend they are getting up for another day at school, even though they don't all get up at the same time. I am open to fun and creative suggestions by anyone, but I do only have 6 more (or rather 5 1/2) more days to go-YEAH:

We leave on Sunday, and the girls still don't have a clue! Plus, my older daughter will turn 5 while we are there next week. She is going to to be on the moon!! :cloud9: We booked the trip in July, and I am so proud that DH and I were able to keep the secret for 6 months! :cheer2:

We wanted to surprise the girls the day of the trip, but we are being picked up at 7am, and it will be hard enough to wake them up and get them going as is. Plus, my little one is only 17 months, so she won't know what is going on! ;) So, on Saturday morning, we are going to leave a note for our older dd from Tinker Bell sprinkled with pixie dust. She will be told she can make a wish for her most amazing dream ever. (Just hope it is to go to WDW!:rotfl2: ) Then she will receive an invitation from the Princesses to come and join them at a grand ball in celebration of her 5th birthday. She is all about Princesses and balls, and has been going to one every night in her little imagination for the past few weeks. :love: princess: We plan to videotape this. I hope it all goes off as planned! :)

Add me to the list! We are going 12/07 and are going to surprise the kids. I can't wait! We have no idea how we are going to pull it off, but I am sure we will find the answer here! Thanks for all of the great ideas. I get goosebumps while reading them.

Congrats, to all of you who have kept the secret for so long. I am so jealous because your time is here. Give us newest members some tips on how you kept your secret for so long!!!!

I had no idea this board existed!!!! We too are planning a surprise trip to disney, Mar 25-30 - POFQ. My children DS-4 and DD-7 have gone several times, but we have never surprised them. I know I am not telling them before the day we wake up, but past that I am looking for ideas. I would love to get them in the car first and tell them at the airport.

How do I get the KOTS sign? I am still new at all the fancy pictures.

Hi all! I'm so excited to have company!

I had no idea this board existed!!!! We too are planning a surprise trip to disney, Mar 25-30 - POFQ. My children DS-4 and DD-7 have gone several times, but we have never surprised them. I know I am not telling them before the day we wake up, but past that I am looking for ideas. I would love to get them in the car first and tell them at the airport.

How do I get the KOTS sign? I am still new at all the fancy pictures.

Hi magic-camps, if you go to towards the top of this screen, in a dark blue strip you will see your "user cp". In this, just click on edit signature. You can add the KOTs in script and the smiley is called "ssst" and are found with all the smilies under "more". Hope that helps!

Real quick because my girls are in the other room......

We are planning a surprise trip March 20 to March 27. Our DD's are 10 and we have a 9 month old DS! We will be celebrating his 1st Birthday there!!!!

Several ideas have been running through my mind such as a treasure hunt, phone call from Mickey, staying at a hotel close to the airport and then getting them up early to say we are going...we haven't made up our minds yet on how it's going to go down.

Anyway.....let's support each other to make sure the secret doesn't get out!! Good luck to everyone!!

Like somebody else mentioned above, our three year old knows that we are going to DisneyWorld sometime "soon". He's been quite a few times before and talks every single day about our trip in September. He remembers all his favorite rides, meeting all the characters - all of it.

Anyway, he's been asking and asking when we get to go and we've told him the only thing he really understands clearly - that Mickey says it isn't our turn yet. We've told him that Mickey will let us know when it's "our turn" again. He really can't wait!

So, on the morning of Feb. 2nd we're going to wake him up at 5am and tell him that Mickey came while he was sleeping and left him a present. Inside the little gift bag will be a stuffed Mickey and some Valentine candy and a valentine from Mickey that says, "It's Paul's turn to go to Disney World!" I know that he'll just about pop when I read it to him! Then, we'll throw on some clothes and hop in our already packed car to head to the airport!

And, while we're there, we're going to tell him that, if his behavior is very good (which it usually is anyway), Mickey will come each night of our visit and leave him a special little gift. So, each morning, he will have a little Disney gift with a Valentine from Mickey. (Our trip is Dec. 2nd-12th, and our little guy really gets into holidays, so I thought he would enjoy the Valentine's Day tie in.) I'm planning on picking up little things during our trip to use as surprises - little cars, balls, sticker books, etc. Just small stuff that I see that I know he'll like.

I can't wait!

This is soooo exciting!!! I am so glad I have kept quiet, only 6 more months to go!

okay, I said I would return and share our two ideas for the reveal.

a little background: We will leave our house in MD very early on Weds. March 7th, travel in our motorhome to Atlanta GA. On the morning of March 8th, my DH will use his Richard Petty Driving Experience gift certificate I gave him for Christmas. Then it's back on the road for about another 7 hours to get us as close to Disney as we can get before stopping for the night. Our reservations start on the 9th at Fort Wilderness.

I had planned a whole surprise reveal for the evening before we left. Our kids know that we are saving and waiting our turn to go WDW. I planned on sharing the planning DVD with them and then giving each of them a Disney gift bag with a new movie, coloring books, a pin and lanyard, and a Tshirt. Then telling them we had saved enough and it was our turn to plan a trip. I'll ask each of them when they think we should go. My oldest will immediately say "now". My DH and will say "Okay, we leave in the morning".

Well, about a month ago, my DH asked me how we were going to tell them. I shared my plan. And then he, who has had NOOOOOOOO opinion on anything regarding this trip says "awwww, I just wanted to drive under the arch and let them figure it out for themselves".

What? You actually have an opinion? :confused3

Anywho, I figure since this is the only thing he's asked, we kinda have to do it his way.

So I think we'll tell them about going to Atlanta, then tell them we are going to camp someplace reallly fun for a few days. Once they see the arch and figure it out, I'll give them their gift bags and pop in the planning DVD. That should give them something to do while we check in.

So, fellow KOTs, what do you think? Any suggestions for improving our plan?

We're going to tell them upon awakening at 3am that we're driving to Disney! :) Can't wait!

oohhh, this post is awesome, and gets me so excited, I love reading how other people our surprising their kids/family.
We are leaving on Sunday, June 24, and staying at the all star music suites.
We went to orlando in March 2005, but only spent about 4 hours in the MK, so we have really never been before. My dd2, who was 11 months at the time got really sick, we had to go to the ER and everything, so my poor kids are REALLY waiting to go back, that's why I figured a surprise would be great. The kids have no idea what this resort is going to look like or anything. THey are all going to be amazed. The week we go will also be the week of my 2 oldest dds bdays, dd5 will turn 6 a couple of days before we go and dd7 will turn 8 the day we leave.
So I have planned Cindy's for their bday dinner for the night we arrive!!!!!!!!
So to reveal, I think we are going to do it at their birthday party, which will be the weekend before we leave, so they'll know 8 days before. I'm going to have their cake decorated with princesses and hopefully I can find a castle to put on it.(which i'm sure i'll be able to) This way all of my family will be there when we surprise them with it, we'll give all of the kids gift bags with autograph books(which i am making) pens, disney dollars, and cinderella dresses( POTC tshirt for ds) and probably a few other little things I pick up along the way. During the week , while we are waiting to go they will also recieve postcards from Disney, and then a letter from cinderella inviting them to a birthday dinner. Oh I can't wait that long:love:

Count me in for joining!! Planning a Dec '07 trip for my DD(then7). :banana:

The plan right now is to have Santa come on the last day of school and give her a present (tickets, lanyard, autograph book, etc). I'll have suitcase loaded and when she gets to my classroom after school, we'll head to the airport. BUT I'm not thinking of leaving a day earlier ($500 cheaper). If we do that, I'll have to see if Santa can come then or if I need to work out another plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter