***Official November 2013***

Hey all, 63 days here.

As for the weather in Florida in November, I figure that by that time Jersey will already have had a major snowstorm (probably near Halloween again) so no matter how weird the weather will be in Florida it probably won't faze me. I don't really get cold so with the pools heated to 80-82 I will probably swim as long as it is above 50.

I'll be there in 63 days too!!

That's how I feel about the weather here in Eastern Ontario...lol

The Mrs. & I are taking the reindeer out for a spin on November 16th. We will be at the All Star Music but the team will be boarded at a super secret location in AK.

On the 23rd we will head to Ft. Walton :beach: for a week so the reindeer can talk smack to the dolphins about real jumping & flying. :rolleyes1

FYI: There are a few of you that have been naughty so far this year. Better straighten up! :confused3:

:hippie: on earth

:santa:

The Mrs. & I are taking the reindeer out for a spin on November 16th. We will be at the All Star Music but the team will be boarded at a super secret location in AK.

On the 23rd we will head to Ft. Walton :beach: for a week so the reindeer can talk smack to the dolphins about real jumping & flying. :rolleyes1

FYI: There are a few of you that have been naughty so far this year. Better straighten up! :confused3:

Dear Santa,
See you there. Same dates! But no Ft. Walton.
Dah! then again you knew that.

:love:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

Once February Discounts are out, I'll have to make a decision.
And explore the solo thread more.

I'm assuming if I get my room and for some reason a friend or a break happens that DH can come, I can just add him to my room and all the rest will kick in???

Again THANKS!:goodvibes

I'll be there in 63 days too!!

That's how I feel about the weather here in Eastern Ontario...lol

Maybe we will see each other at the airport on 11/13, we get in a little before noon. Which days are you doing each park?

The last two years Halloween was canceled here. In 2011 it was because we were hit by a huge snowstorm that hit before the trees hardened so trees were down everywhere taking out power for a week. In 2012 it was because of Sandy, followed by a snowstorm. We were without power for two weeks then and most streets were still impassable and had wires down on Halloween. Part of the reason we are going when we are is we don't want to take the Halloween curse with us.

edited to add: We had a snowstorm in 2010 for Halloween too, but it wasn't quite as bad as the other two years.

So I am second guessing our trip, if anyone cares to give your opinion I'd appreciate it!

Going with DH, dd6, ds2 nana62. Nanas first and she says only trip. Staying at AoA

We only have a few days...arriving on 11/10 Sunday, get to resort mom babysits while DH and I go to Cali grill :)
The plan is to have a resort day on Veterans Day, avoiding crowds and whatnot. Ohana dinner at 5, going early around 3 to have a drink and sit on beach. Also have to return rental car by 10am.
Tuesday MK rope drop til we drop, Wednesday AK, probably DTD in the evening, leaving it open.

Now I am thinking we don't have enough park time! We can't add days and money is an issue. However, I work for a blog and I qualify for media tickets from disney. I am going to try but I hear they often give two tickets. SO do we use the tickets, buy the other two, and...
1. By hoppers for my mom and dd, use our day passes to go to Epcot after animal kingdom for a few hours
2. Ditch the resort day,go to the parks (Epcot or magic k? Not sure) from probably 10 am- 3 then do Ohana.
3. Try to get refunded one of the adult tickets for our current plan (not sure we can do this?)
4. Try to do the Xmas party Monday, switching Ohana to thurs morning instead, our ME bus leaves at 11:30

Am I causing issues by doing all of this? I am just anxious once we are there, after an hour or two we are going to wish we were in the parks, and I want my mom to see Epcot too. I am thinking of number one to keep the resort day..of cours ei have no rain plan for Monday yet. DH and my mom don't have an opinion right now.
WWYD?

Maybe we will see each other at the airport on 11/13, we get in a little before noon. Which days are you doing each park?

The last two years Halloween was canceled here. In 2011 it was because we were hit by a huge snowstorm that hit before the trees hardened so trees were down everywhere taking out power for a week. In 2012 it was because of Sandy, followed by a snowstorm. We were without power for two weeks then and most streets were still impassable and had wires down on Halloween. Part of the reason we are going when we are is we don't want to take the Halloween curse with us.

edited to add: We had a snowstorm in 2010 for Halloween too, but it wasn't quite as bad as the other two years.

Up here in MA we had the same weather. We now own a generator.
They didn't cancel Halloween, just postponed it. grrrrr I really don't like Halloween. I always end up sitting outside because the doorbell ringing constantly gets my son upset. And some costumes scare him. Plus the stairs are not all that fun to climb, so I freeze. Although the last two years something came up I couldn't be here and the respite providers loved being here as their homes didn't get 200 kids. :scared1:

So I am second guessing our trip, if anyone cares to give your opinion I'd appreciate it!

Going with DH, dd6, ds2 nana62. Nanas first and she says only trip. Staying at AoA

We only have a few days...arriving on 11/10 Sunday, get to resort mom babysits while DH and I go to Cali grill :)
The plan is to have a resort day on Veterans Day, avoiding crowds and whatnot. Ohana dinner at 5, going early around 3 to have a drink and sit on beach. Also have to return rental car by 10am.
Tuesday MK rope drop til we drop, Wednesday AK, probably DTD in the evening, leaving it open.

Now I am thinking we don't have enough park time! We can't add days and money is an issue. However, I work for a blog and I qualify for media tickets from disney. I am going to try but I hear they often give two tickets. SO do we use the tickets, buy the other two, and...
1. By hoppers for my mom and dd, use our day passes to go to Epcot after animal kingdom for a few hours
2. Ditch the resort day,go to the parks (Epcot or magic k? Not sure) from probably 10 am- 3 then do Ohana.
3. Try to get refunded one of the adult tickets for our current plan (not sure we can do this?)
4. Try to do the Xmas party Monday, switching Ohana to thurs morning instead, our ME bus leaves at 11:30

Am I causing issues by doing all of this? I am just anxious once we are there, after an hour or two we are going to wish we were in the parks, and I want my mom to see Epcot too. I am thinking of number one to keep the resort day..of cours ei have no rain plan for Monday yet. DH and my mom don't have an opinion right now.
WWYD?

First, #1 won't work. You have to have hoppers to visit different parks on the same day. 2 park tickets won't work.
I would ditch the resort day. :)

I know this is off topic of the thread, and I promise for the others I will go into Private message if this becomes a conversation, but how was it to travel solo in the World? I'm pondering a possible Solo trip in February. That month usually is a depressing month for me with the cold (and S word) and other things of that time of year. I don't think we will be able to secure support for my special needs son for my husband to go with me again after November and at this point the girlfriends are not as Disney excited as I am. So considering a solo trip but not sure yet.

I've had 4 solo trips so far, and let me tell you - THEY ARE WONDERFUL!!!

Eat what you want!

Ride what you want!

Watch the shows, parades and fireworks that you want!

Stay up, sleep in, whatever!!!

I absolutely LOVE my solo trips. I always meet very nice people while in line - whether they be solo people, couples or groups!

I'm going back in November with my girlfriend, but I guarantee you that I'll be taking a solo trip in Spring (before school is let out). Talk about a GREAT way to recharge the batteries!! It's like being a big kid let loose in Disney World... because I am!

Highly recommended.

Mike.

I would also not do the resort day. That seems like a waste to me but my family is one that is always on the go! Our 2nd fave park is Hollywood Studios. You could actually do Animal kingdom in a half of day and then go to party.

Number one would work, I mean lets say my mom and daughter get park hoppers to do the am/EP day, DH and I just use our gifted tickets to enter epcot

My 63 day countdown doesn't include the day we leave....lol...I'll be there the 14th. And we even get in late....that was my dilemma - to count the day we're leaving or not :confused3

I'm not sure which parks we'll be at on the days (my friend is planning the entire trip). It'll be my first time at wdw!!

Second day of 90+ temps and humidity it feels like Florida in July :sunny:

I'm ready for Fall and Disney come on November :cool1:

Dear Santa,

Sounds like a great trip. Please make sure the reindeer are very well rested as I love them so much. I'll add you to the first post!

Second day of 90+ temps and humidity it feels like Florida in July :sunny:

I'm ready for Fall and Disney come on November :cool1:

I can't agree more. We had that nice dry 70s last weekend and I was so happy. Today is just a reminder that I'm happy Fall is almost here.
I've been hiding in side and actually put on an AC just to get comfortable.
Heee hee so comfortable I fell asleep.

I don't like the dark early part but Disney time will be here soon.

I just did one night there to appease the little ones. It is more expensive, well not much for my family of 5, but I figured it would be worth it. We are going on our last night, so just spending the day there and relaxing! Kinda like going to one of the parks without all the hassle! No dining plan though since it is one night...I'm not sure what is available for multiple nights.

Eventhough we aren't staying at AoA ...will they let us visit it and walk around?

This New England weather is crazy. I just pulled my air conditioners out last week and today it's in the 90s . 60 more days to go:cool1: I wish it would get here sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter