***Official November 2016 Thread***

Had my first Disney nightmare for this trip - We were super late to Animal Kingdom and got totally lost, missed our FP's, and I got the time of our lunch reservation wrong, so we missed that too. So ridiculous :rotfl2:

Anyone else get planning nightmares?

I'm excited to find this thread! We are headed to WDW for Thanksgiving week 11/19-11/27 with a split stay at AofA and then a couple of days with family and then back to ASMu. Kind of crazy, I know, but we are staying onsite on the weekends when my brother is off work. I'm so excited to squeeze this trip in, but I feel really behind in the planning because it is more of a last minute trip. I just realized that I need to make FP plans this week. I don't even know the day yet for sure because I just booked the AofA portion of our trip. Originally, we were just thinking of spending Thanksgiving weekend onsite, but then I started thinking two weekends would be much better than one.:P

I need to go back through the thread to read what others are planning to get some ideas. We are currently thinking of the following--

11/19 Arrive at AofA in evening spend time at resort
11/20 AK
11/21 With Family
11/22 Commute over to WDW to get in an extra day at the parks. Not sure which park???
11/23 With family
11/24 Thanksgiving--check in at ASMu. Planning to go to MK--I know it will be crowded, yikes! o_OADR at BOG for dinner.
11/25 MK
11/26 EP
11/27 Depart

Any thoughts or suggestions? We know MK will be crowded on Thanksgiving and have the disadvantage of it being our check in day for the second part of our stay but we lucked out and got BOG dinner thanks to a dismember on the November cancelled thread. We really aren't doing any other ADRs and are really excited about this one. All of us have been to WDW lots of times and most have had APs this year so I think it will be ok even with the crowds???

I am now wondering how FP will work with a section in the middle without a resort stay? Will I book the FP's for Tuesday 30 days out? I'm guessing that's the case but just checking. Some of us have APs and some just a regular ticket.

I feel way behind the curve since we have never been this time of year and don't have updated hours or easywdw crowd calendar. But I'm very happy to be going! Yay! :yay:

Ooh I like all the updates I.e AK closing at 7 and HS Star Wars fireworks. Where are you finding this info? It doesn't have this info on the wdw travel agent page :guilty:

On Tuesday I made our FP selections, i was successful with our choices but very stressed! Luckily I changed our park days around so I was able to get a FP for BTMR on the 22nd, our last park day and the day we check out from the GF :sad1:.

Ooh I like all the updates I.e AK closing at 7 and HS Star Wars fireworks. Where are you finding this info? It doesn't have this info on the wdw travel agent page :guilty:

On Tuesday I made our FP selections, i was successful with our choices but very stressed! Luckily I changed our park days around so I was able to get a FP for BTMR on the 22nd, our last park day and the day we check out from the GF :sad1:.

I missed the part where someone mentioned the Star Wars fireworks. Is there a rumor those will be extended into November? I hope so!

Yes , that was you @scard192 :). I hope they continue throughout November. I'm not a fan of SW but Ive heard the fireworks are amazing!

We fly home on the 25th and usually spend a the day at Disney Springs, does anyone know if the World of Disney store and all the other stores ( in DS ) will partake in Black Friday? Just wondering as I don't know whether to leave all our buying until that day? Any advice appreciated :)

that was me, I think. was adding entertainment to my plans in MDE and saw it. just checked again now and it shows 8PM on Nov 2,4,5. nothing after that

We are there on the 5th and super excited to see the fireworks! I'm not a fan of fireworks and it will make for a late night for my kiddos, but having watched a youtube video of them, they look pretty awesome. It looks like a cool show!

I've been checking the travel agent sheet as well and it hasnt changed since Aug 17. Just checked again and refreshed and still Aug 17. But I see on MDE that AK is now 7pm close! Grrrrr I've been checking so I can get a later EVerest to ride at night. And latest they have is 2pm only. Sigh. Oh well, not gonna stress it. Fingerscrossed it's extended again cause they get RoL going!!

Yes , that was you @scard192 :). I hope they continue throughout November. I'm not a fan of SW but Ive heard the fireworks are amazing!

We fly home on the 25th and usually spend a the day at Disney Springs, does anyone know if the World of Disney store and all the other stores ( in DS ) will partake in Black Friday? Just wondering as I don't know whether to leave all our buying until that day? Any advice appreciated :)
We didn't go to DS last year on Black Friday, but later in the day at Epcot we overheard quite a few people saying they'd been there & there were no deals. However, all these new, non-Disney stores weren't open yet and I bet they'll do Black Friday so maybe WoD will this year, too!

We are there on the 5th and super excited to see the fireworks! I'm not a fan of fireworks and it will make for a late night for my kiddos, but having watched a youtube video of them, they look pretty awesome. It looks like a cool show!
not a big fan of SW either but looking forward to the fireworks too. if it turns out to be 8PM that is at least earlier than Wishes and Illuminations; we have a 6 year old in our party so try not to have too many late nights are we are up early for Rope Drop.

But I see on MDE that AK is now 7pm close! Grrrrr I've been checking so I can get a later EVerest to ride at night. And latest they have is 2pm only. Sigh. Oh well, not gonna stress it. Fingerscrossed it's extended again cause they get RoL going!!

I have been checking for later FP+ for EE as well. kids want to ride it after dark. have FP+ for 5PM right now so could stretch that to close to 6PM when it might be close to dark in mid-November,

not a big fan of SW either but looking forward to the fireworks too. if it turns out to be 8PM that is at least earlier than Wishes and Illuminations; we have a 6 year old in our party so try not to have too many late nights are we are up early for Rope Drop.

I read on the touring plans site that it's 8pm. DD is 6 and DS will be 3. Every other night we are planning to be back in the room by 7 so I think one late night will be ok. It will probably make them overtired and make for a rough night, but I think we will all enjoy the fireworks! DH said "hey, we're on vacation, we can mess up their bedtime a bit!" :laughing:

I read on the touring plans site that it's 8pm. DD is 6 and DS will be 3. Every other night we are planning to be back in the room by 7 so I think one late night will be ok. It will probably make them overtired and make for a rough night, but I think we will all enjoy the fireworks! DH said "hey, we're on vacation, we can mess up their bedtime a bit!" :laughing:
it's not "messing up the bedtime" it's the crankiness the next day, LOL

Yay, I was able to get all the fast passes I wanted at good times! Had to wake up at 3:30am (PST) to be awake enough to do it. But, now their done and I don't have to stress about them anymore. 60 days!!! Now I'm really getting excited!

I hope all you Thanksgiving week folks got your fast passes with no problems too this morning. Good luck to everyone else making yours in the next couple days!:)

I really hope we get some good stuff come Friday, I just know I won't be able to get on right away, it will have to wait until 830 eastern time. Being as we are all adults, we won't be bending over backwards to get a FEA FP... :)

I can't believe how fast November is coming!!! Our trip seemed so far away until I realized September is almost over so soon it will be October. Once October hits I will be so busy with Thanksgiving (Canadian), Halloween and getting things ready for the trip that it will fly by! I am getting excited but a little panicky now too , LOL!:)

Yay, I was able to get all the fast passes I wanted at good times! Had to wake up at 3:30am (PST) to be awake enough to do it. But, now their done and I don't have to stress about them anymore. 60 days!!! Now I'm really getting excited!

I hope all you Thanksgiving week folks got your fast passes with no problems too this morning. Good luck to everyone else making yours in the next couple days!:)
Got everything we wanted, too :thumbsup2

I can't believe how fast November is coming!!! Our trip seemed so far away until I realized September is almost over so soon it will be October. Once October hits I will be so busy with Thanksgiving (Canadian), Halloween and getting things ready for the trip that it will fly by! I am getting excited but a little panicky now too , LOL!:)

I couldn't agree more! We were just talking yesterday and DH asked what our countdown was and when I looked it was 46! Then it hit me!!! I think we are about ready. I have a few more tweaks with dining and we're considering going to the MVMCP so I have to get those tickets but I'm not too stressed about that. We also are doing one day at Universal so I still have to set that up. Other than that, I think we are ready! We ordered the decals for our magic bands so I made the kids nail down the colors they wanted because I was paranoid about missing that day among everything else!
Things are crazy right now with flag football for the little guy, dance for DD and all other activities being thrown in for fall (Halloweekends at Cedar Point, Girl Scout Halloween party, trick or treating at the zoo, pumpkin patch...) October is going to go by crazy fast!!!

I did our FP+ reservations this past Friday and I feel you because I had to do the 3:30am wake-up too :surfweb:. Totally worth it though because I got everything I wanted at the times I wanted. The trip feels really real now!! :banana: Yay for November trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter