*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

For those talking about the changes in park hours that are expected... do you know if the parks marked for EMH will stay the same, even if hours change? I just want to avoid the EMH park and I am scheduling around that.

That sounds about right. I’m waiting to see if MK gets extended on saturday 11/10. Last year that same Saturday the MK was open until midnight making EMH until 2 am. It’s also set for PM EMH this year so fingers crossed.
Leave it to Disney to not do what we are expecting. I just looked at the calendar on the app and they added EMM or what ever it is called from 7:45-9:00 on Nov 4&6. I didn’t check other weeks. I don’t see that those tickets are available for purchase though yet.

It's been awhile since I've checked in here, life has been crazy. But we're down to double digits so I thought I'd check in!! 98 days to go.

Our original reservation is for 11/3 - 11/11 at Boulder Ridge Villas. We added one night to our stay on 11/2 at Bay Lake Towers so I can run the Food & Wine 10K on Saturday morning and my son can run the mile kids run!

I got all of the ADRs that I wanted - some old favorites (California Grill brunch! Ohana, Homecoming) but so many new to us restaurants for this trip too (Jiko, Boma, Narcoossee, Brown Derby, Rose & Crown, and Monsieur Paul). Also booked our first ever Food and Wine event (French breakfast at Chefs de France). I'm super excited for our meals that week.

Flights are booked - DH and I were actually on the phone planning our flights while I was riding the monorail back to my car (I was in Orlando for a work trip, had to pop in to disney a few times that week!).

Some other special things planned for the trip are a massage for me at the Grand Floridian (the day after my 10k!), and a family photo shoot at the Wilderness Lodge.

I also just bought our Christmas Party tickets this morning. We're going on 11/9. We've done the Halloween party a few times, but this is our first time for the Christmas party.

Now all that's left is the wait for fastpass day and to decide when to spring the news on our son. Our last trip was on his 8th birthday so we suprised him the week before at his birthday party. I think we'll give him more time to countdown this year - maybe we'll tell him right before fast pass day so he can help pick those.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer and their countdown to November!

Updated your roll call listing!

Leave it to Disney to not do what we are expecting. I just looked at the calendar on the app and they added EMM or what ever it is called from 7:45-9:00 on Nov 4&6. I didn’t check other weeks. I don’t see that those tickets are available for purchase though yet.

I saw that too. I wonder if the other dates will have 8 am openings.

I saw that too. I wonder if the other dates will have 8 am openings.

We have tickets for EMM Nov. 6. If you look on the EMM you can see they were available and then taken down. Disney seems to be messing around with the dates for EMM. They just cancelled a few dates in Oct and gave people refunds. It was surprising to see EMM offered the Sunday and Tuesday of Jersey week bc historically MK is open at 8 that week. I wouldn’t be surprised to get the call from Disney they will cancel EMM for our date.

What is your experience with flight changes? I'm thinking about just adding an extra day of tickets since it will only be about $65 per person, but I have heard that they sometimes change the flight times when it gets closer and I'd hate to buy the extra day then not be able to use it.

I have never had them change my flight times in 20-30 flights over the past few years. My dad flies them all the time as well and has never had them change times.

We have tickets for EMM Nov. 6. If you look on the EMM you can see they were available and then taken down. Disney seems to be messing around with the dates for EMM. They just cancelled a few dates in Oct and gave people refunds. It was surprising to see EMM offered the Sunday and Tuesday of Jersey week bc historically MK is open at 8 that week. I wouldn’t be surprised to get the call from Disney they will cancel EMM for our date.
Right now they have EMM on Sunday and Tuesdays through Nov. They have never done that before. They ususally stop it in Sept. What days in Oct did they refund? They all seem to be available on the website. They aren't grayed out but if you click on them sometimes you get a message that the times aren't available.

If it is an EMM day the park opens to regular guests at 9 am which makes it a good day to get a PPO breakfast because they won't be changing the opening times on you.

Those of you with Thanksgiving week experience, has there ever been a MK phase closure due to high crowds? I know it will be busy some say its not as busy as spring break or Christmas week. We have not booked a hotel so if there's a chance we will book onsite.
We've done a few Thanksgiving week trips; we've never been during Christmas but I do know Thanksgiving is definitely not as crowded as Christmas, and now having done spring break I can say Thanksgiving is also not as crowded as the week before Easter! We love Thanksgiving week which is why we keep returning :goodvibes Never any phased closure when we've been there, and actually MK doesn't get that horrendous even ON Thanksgiving. We actually think the couple days leading up to Thanksgiving seem worse than the couple days after but that's just our opinion. I would stay on site if you can still find something though.

For those talking about the changes in park hours that are expected... do you know if the parks marked for EMH will stay the same, even if hours change? I just want to avoid the EMH park and I am scheduling around that.
While they have changed park hours as close as 3 weeks ahead of time, when we've gone over Thanksgiving I've never noticed the EMH parks changing days.

Adding on for the people who are asking about park hours during Thanksgiving-- When I worked in Fantasyland (Fall 2016), I can't recall EMH changing days, but I can recall the agonizing groan us closing CMs let out when our manager burst into our break room multiple times that week and shouted "park hours were extended tonight!"

I remember on Thanksgiving day we did something called a "soft close." My coordinator walked over to me and explained that we weren't going to advertise that we were open, but that the rides would be open for about forty minutes past park close if anyone wanted to meander onto it's a small world or PPF as the crowds were dispersing.

Hello!
We are traveling to Walt Disney World November 3-10 (2018) It will be DH and me and this will be our 12 trip to "The World" (We are from Norway)
@Newsies would you add us please?
We are staying at POP for the very first time, and this will also be the first time visiting during the Holliday season (sooo exited)
I have tickets to MVCP at November 8... :)
What sort of questions can I ask in this tread..?
I am planning like crazy right now... both with parks, matching T- Shirts, ADRs etc.
Thank you, best from Adéle Marie

Hello!
We are traveling to Walt Disney World November 3-10 (2018) It will be DH and me and this will be our 12 trip to "The World" (We are from Norway)
@Newsies would you add us please?
We are staying at POP for the very first time, and this will also be the first time visiting during the Holliday season (sooo exited)
I have tickets to MVCP at November 8... :)
What sort of questions can I ask in this tread..?
I am planning like crazy right now... both with parks, matching T- Shirts, ADRs etc.
Thank you, best from Adéle Marie

Welcome to the roll call! :welcome:

You can ask any sort of questions you'd like here in this thread! We'd be happy to help you!

Add us to the party!! My daughter and I will be staying at ASMu 11/24 - 11/30. We are hoping for low crowds Monday - Thursday. Our local high school choir will be performing in the candlelight processional while we are there. I hope that Disney will announce narrators for those dates soon!

Hi all! We are officially booked for two nights at POR and then 4 nights at WL from Nov. 7 - 13. Super excited to celebrate our DD's 8th birthday there with a night at MVMCP and also a visit to F&W and maybe JBJB dessert party (once they are released) - So excited!

Add us to the party!! My daughter and I will be staying at ASMu 11/24 - 11/30. We are hoping for low crowds Monday - Thursday. Our local high school choir will be performing in the candlelight processional while we are there. I hope that Disney will announce narrators for those dates soon!

Hi all! We are officially booked for two nights at POR and then 4 nights at WL from Nov. 7 - 13. Super excited to celebrate our DD's 8th birthday there with a night at MVMCP and also a visit to F&W and maybe JBJB dessert party (once they are released) - So excited!

Welcome to the roll call!

Hey all you early November travelers! Food and Wine marketplace booth menus are HERE! The link to view all the offerings has been added to the front page :cutie::cutie::cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter