• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

We're surprising mine too. 6 and 2, so a little easier. She's only in first grade, and her teacher was very understanding. She said she usually just sends a journal home for them to write in/draw pictures so they can tell their friends what they all did. I guess I still need to let the office know.

Anyway, I'm thinking on surprising the 6yo at the airport. We're leaving at 6am on a Friday, so I'm going to tell her that we have to take grandma and grandpa to the airport and she'll go to school afterwards. Then when we're there, i might give her the magic band box to hold, and she's nosey so she'll open it for sure. She know what they are, so when she says something I'll tell her that we're going to Disney! She keeps asking and I keep saying it won't be for a while, so she'll be excited. This is the best plan I came up with so far....let me know if you have any other ideas!
We're surprising our girls, too! They're in PreK and 1st grade. I was really worried about taking them out but the school was awesome about it. The night before we leave we're telling them we have an early Christmas gift for them. I'm wrapping a box full of their personal items for the flight (a Minnie backpack full of Disney coloring books, gummies, sunglasses, Disney Gift cards, etc), Minnie Ears and new shirts, and balloons! When they open the box the balloons will come out! I can't wait.

Ooh, fun! We are trying to surprise ours too, 13 and 11 years old. How old are yours and how are you telling them? Ours has been a bit hard because their schools frown on pulling kids for vacations, so I am trying to figure out how to email teachers and get missed work for them w/o them spoiling it for the kids.
Same ages, 13 & 10, but we're only going for 4 days, just one missed day of school thanks to a teacher conference day. Just telling them we're picking them up at noon for an orthodontist appointment

WOW.. only 2 more nights of sleep and we will be on our way “home” (WDW)
I am kind of stressing out a bit because I feel I have sooo much to do and so little time
And I have had/have this cold and a cough (hopefully I spelled that right?) I really don’t like.
I have to go to my physiotherapist tomorrow also because my leg has not healed yet. Crutches it is

BUT I am going to Disney right and I know that when I am finally on the plane (or in Orlando) everything would be great.

I will get some help when we are changing planes at the airport with a wheelchair assistance.
Never done that before.. and I really don’t “like” it. I am not sure why

I have a few ADR’s I have to look over and cancel tomorrow and I have to look into all things AP (kind of exited about being an AP for the first time)

I have a Ton of butterflies right now, but I am so excited to see all the Christmas decorations and I am looking forward to having the Christmas refilibe mug.

I have been looking at pictures of merchandise and there is so much I really want.

Hope my appetite comes back very soon, because there are so many things I would like to try. We are on the DP so I am sure we would not go hungry “Lol”

I might have to make a list for what to bring on the airplane (would it be okay to bring my kindle?)
Maybe some magazines and I have books I listen to on my phone. I just have to download them on my phone.
Maybe a book on Walt Disney or the parks?
Any suggestions?
(That I can read on my kindle)

I am debating on if I should bring my big camera or not?

Since I will have an AP, photo pass is included and I have my phone.
Hm...

And what to pack?!?
I don’t want to bring to much because I know we would shop a lot
The weather seams great, nice and warm and NO SNOW like we got here in Norway yesterday.

Sorry for all the rambling.. I am just so excited and a bit stressed.
I have been planning for almost a year and suddenly the trip is here.

Very excited because DH has not been to Disney since 2012. I want to make this trip special because we are also celebrating his 50 birthday.

I'm a little relieved that there aren't early openings but I wouldn't put it past Disney to change it last minute.

We also gain an hour of sleep while we are there! I'm very happy about that. LOL Especially since Sunday is our moving day (split stay). :)

I’m sure this is wishful thinking, but I’m hoping hours haven’t been extended because they’re not expecting as high crowds. All speculation, but it sure would be nice!

The weather looks warmer than I was expecting but most definitely manageable. I was all packed but I decided to make some adjustments. Just normal travel stuff for me, haha
Now that it’s Novemeber 1st it seems so real!
ADR’s seem to be opening up so I’m trying to finish up my plans.

I’m sure this is wishful thinking, but I’m hoping hours haven’t been extended because they’re not expecting as high crowds. All speculation, but it sure would be nice!

The weather looks warmer than I was expecting but most definitely manageable. I was all packed but I decided to make some adjustments. Just normal travel stuff for me, haha
Now that it’s Novemeber 1st it seems so real!
ADR’s seem to be opening up so I’m trying to finish up my plans.

I think they didn’t extend hours in the morning because they added EMM. Why do something for free when people will pay for the experience instead?

We are packed up and about to hit the bed for our 3 am wake up.

DDs strep culture came back negative so that’s a relief. I packed up every medicine we own just in case of anything. Lol

We leave Tuesday and my son came home from school today with a fever. He said his throat hurts. I just put him to bed with some ibuprofen and will call the doctor in the morning. Whoever is spreading these sick germs, needs to stop. As I said to my husband, at least it happened today and not MOnday.

If you have been following the saga of my son's shoes. The pair I ordered from Amazon arrived today and are too small. :sad2: I have spent all evening looking online for some place locally that I can get them and I found a Famous Footwear not too far away that has 2 pairs of sandals in his size in stock. I guess I am dragging him to the store tomorrow.

16 Days!!!! :santa:

We will arrive Nov 17 mid afternoon get checked in to our hotel and then head over to DHS to kick off the Christmas season at Disney.

Our plans this trip are
Sat 17th -DHS
Sun 18th - MK
Mon 19th - Epcot
Tues 20- DHS
Wed 21- AK
Thurs 22 - MK/Disney springs Thanksgiving dinner at Raglan Road
Fri 23 - Epcot
Sat 24 - Home We may stop by a park before heading out for one last look but we haven't decided fully yet.

Then sadly its at least a year or more break before we make it back. It's truly been the #BestEarEver. We've had a blast having AP's for the year and seeing all the different seasons at Disney. I can officially say that the Christmas season is my favorite time or year with the mouse followed closely by spring.
Thanks for reminding me how many days left! I'm so busy I keep forgetting :headache:
We are heading to HS after arriving on the 17th too;
MK 18th
Epcot 23rd part of the day so we have some of the same plans :)

Not sure if anyone else saw this, but they released Christmas-themed resort refillable mugs early this morning at the resorts!
Yes!! Need some to go with my Halloween mugs! And if they happen to come out with Valentine mugs I'll just have to go again in Feb :laughing:

I ordered some Sparkle skirts yesterday for myself, anyone have some? A couple of my DIS friends swear by them so hoping I like them and they fit!

Two weeks from today we'll be waking up at Poly! Saw that the AK Jambo pool will reopen next week but not regretting the switch to Poly!

16th for MVMCP, 17th JBJB dessert party, and EMM on the 18th plus hopping to Epcot for the Festival of the Holidays! (Plus some AK time in the 17th too). Booked this trip bc the resale DVC contract we bought last December came with banked points that expire Nov 30th... think I spent the equivalent of the "free" room on extra stuff instead.

Ugh, the weather for next week! (Nov 3-10) Do you think it is to be believed?
It doesn’t look bad to me? Saturday night might be a little chilly, rest of week is mid 80’s with chances of thunderstorms (not all day rain) but that seems like normal Florida weather to me?

We leave 1 week from tomorrow!! I have so much to do this week - finish packing, pay any bills due while we are gone, go to the bank to get some cash, clean my house, get my nails done and we are going to get some last minute things from Walmart later today.

So far the weather looks fantastic! I know it can change, but this is one of the big reasons why I am excited to go back in November again.. we've gone in Sept the last 2 years and the heat/humidity was just brutal and it rains so much. I am so excited for the nicer and more comfortable weather. ::yes::

We're surprising mine too. 6 and 2, so a little easier. She's only in first grade, and her teacher was very understanding. She said she usually just sends a journal home for them to write in/draw pictures so they can tell their friends what they all did. I guess I still need to let the office know.

Anyway, I'm thinking on surprising the 6yo at the airport. We're leaving at 6am on a Friday, so I'm going to tell her that we have to take grandma and grandpa to the airport and she'll go to school afterwards. Then when we're there, i might give her the magic band box to hold, and she's nosey so she'll open it for sure. She know what they are, so when she says something I'll tell her that we're going to Disney! She keeps asking and I keep saying it won't be for a while, so she'll be excited. This is the best plan I came up with so far....let me know if you have any other ideas!

That sounds awesome. My dream would be to say nothing to my 5th grader and just wake her at 4:30 am the morning of and yell "We're leaving for Disney". But I can't do that b/c our dog is going to the dog sitter's the night before we leave so she would wonder why he is going to her house. I also thought about making up a fake destination/trip but there is nothing I can come up with that would make sense. So in the end, I am going to surprise her at the end of the week before we leave and email her teacher and pray she is nice about it. Her teacher actually LOVES WDW, has stickers all over her car, does the Princess half marathon, etc. Mickey mouse all over their classroom. BUT she also gives a TON of homework, told us at the beginning of the year not to miss school for vacations, etc., so I am not holding my breath that she will be nice about it. So I guess DD will go to school the day before we leave and get a packet of work to do on the plane. Maybe the other option is to get the teacher in on the surprise and see if she can come up with a fun way to tell her on Monday, but then I wouldn't get to see DDs reaction. My son (13) is going to need to be told earlier because his school says he needs to attend homework club in the days leading up to being out. They only run HW Club on M, T, TH, so he needs to be told probably Monday night (11/12) so he can go T/Th and the following Monday (we leave Tuesday the 20th). I could get him in on the surprise for DD which he would enjoy. Anyway, I guess we will see what happens.

It doesn’t look bad to me? Saturday night might be a little chilly, rest of week is mid 80’s with chances of thunderstorms (not all day rain) but that seems like normal Florida weather to me?

The forecast is a little warmer and more humid than average. I also see thunderstorms forecasted more than we have had in past years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter