***Official November 2022 Thread***

In November 2020, my wife and I went on our first trip to Disney without the kids (DD13 & DD17) and first time over the holidays. We loved it so much we went again in December of 2021. Despite not expecting to go (and since borrowing restrictions were lifted for DVC), we now have our 3rd annual adults only Christmas trip planned!

We will only be there three nights (Nov 25-28 at the Poly), but we will hit Magic Kingdom for the MVMCP and probably fit in the rest of the parks. Now just to figure out dining!

Yeah, I feel like I have no idea what to expect in terms of crowds... makes planning difficult!
Hard to say. It is the last week of food and wine festival so that does tend to draw in folks. Also people who want to come for Christmas festivities may go then, especially if they want to use the dvc/ap discount for MVMCP which is only good select nights in December (basically that week). Will most likely be less crowded than Jersey and Thanksgiving weeks but not a low crowd time either.

Last edited:
We’re also there the week after Jersey (14-21) and it’s busy then too. Was hoping for a low in between Jersey week and Thanksgiving. Guess we will see.

I look at at it this way: It is Disney, so really no time is a slow time anymore. BUT, the week before is Jersey week then leading in to Veteran's day weekend when a fair chunk of people are there until Maybe Sunday the 13th. The following week is obviously Thanksgiving. Most Families/parents with school aged children will not pull their children out of school the week before they have some time off for Thanksgiving week. I have been this same exact week two previous times. So while I expect it to be nothing like those past years (2015 & 2017, barely any crowds at all until the end of the week), I do still expect it to be less busy and more manageable than most other weeks of the year. And if it is very busy & crowded, well, we will just go with the flow and make the best of it. At least I'm not at work!

I look at at it this way: It is Disney, so really no time is a slow time anymore. BUT, the week before is Jersey week then leading in to Veteran's day weekend when a fair chunk of people are there until Maybe Sunday the 13th. The following week is obviously Thanksgiving. Most Families/parents with school aged children will not pull their children out of school the week before they have some time off for Thanksgiving week. I have been this same exact week two previous times. So while I expect it to be nothing like those past years (2015 & 2017, barely any crowds at all until the end of the week), I do still expect it to be less busy and more manageable than most other weeks of the year. And if it is very busy & crowded, well, we will just go with the flow and make the best of it. At least I'm not at work!
You’re giving me some hope! We haven’t been to WDW in 13 years. After reading how busy it is now have been a bit worried since there is a lot we have never seen or done (last time we were there, there was paper FP, no Pandora, no SW, etc.) and just hoping it won’t be so nuts that we can’t really enjoy taking it slower than commando mode. We will use Genie+ and ILL but we also like just strolling and hitting this and that. Doesn’t sound nearly as easy to do that anymore. We had trips back in those old days where we could get into TS restaurants as walk ups. Sounds like those days may be gone for years, if not forever.

You’re giving me some hope! We haven’t been to WDW in 13 years. After reading how busy it is now have been a bit worried since there is a lot we have never seen or done (last time we were there, there was paper FP, no Pandora, no SW, etc.) and just hoping it won’t be so nuts that we can’t really enjoy taking it slower than commando mode. We will use Genie+ and ILL but we also like just strolling and hitting this and that. Doesn’t sound nearly as easy to do that anymore. We had trips back in those old days where we could get into TS restaurants as walk ups. Sounds like those days may be gone for years, if not forever.
I do agree that it seems far more busy than in past years. I don’t see that going away any time soon unfortunately. For you, it will definitely be a lot different since you haven’t been in so long. Your trip will be what you make of it though and how you adapt to how busy it is or isn’t. That’s all you can do since the crowds aren’t going to adapt to us, right?! I try to follow the Disney Tourist Blog, Touring Plans and several vloggers on YouTube to get a feel for how crowds are at any given time. No matter what, I hope you guys have a wonderful trip back!

We’re in the same boat. We are there the 11-19th. Feeling a bit worried about the potential crowds. Haven’t been since 2007 and this will be a first trip for our little boys. I know this will be a VERY different trip. Hoping for the best at this point. I know we will really have to prioritize the rides and things that are a must and then take it from there .

I do agree that it seems far more busy than in past years. I don’t see that going away any time soon unfortunately. For you, it will definitely be a lot different since you haven’t been in so long. Your trip will be what you make of it though and how you adapt to how busy it is or isn’t. That’s all you can do since the crowds aren’t going to adapt to us, right?! I try to follow the Disney Tourist Blog, Touring Plans and several vloggers on YouTube to get a feel for how crowds are at any given time. No matter what, I hope you guys have a wonderful trip back!
Thanks. Yes it’s going to be different! Mostly because there are some must dos this time—SW rides and land, FoP and Pandora. I think we will try to do more our speed as best we can. We’re older now and things like RnR are out but we will want to do much of the new stuff except Guardians. However we will also build in wandering time, that used to be our favorite part of a visit—enjoying all the hard work the Imagineers did to make this or that so great. I just hope we can keep to that with knowing another visit may not be something we would do. It’s an odd feeling!

Making dining reservations this morning for our first week of November trip - Crossing fingers!!!

System is 'unable to check for available tables at this time' still. Sometimes it opens early, so been trying since 5:15a :P

What is Jersey week???
It's a week every year in early November that NJ schools are out on break, and supposedly a huge number of those families go to Disney World and it becomes much more crowded than normal.

Walk up waitlist for same day dining is definitely an option for some restaurants—you just go in your app on a day you are at WDW, and check dining reservations for the same day and it will give you an option to join a waitlist where available.

I've been during Jersey Week before and am going again this year. Schools aren't closed all week. They are closed the Thursday and Friday of the first full week of November. Some schools also close for election day.

The beginning of the week is normal November busy IMO. Once you get to Thursday you feel the crowds a bit more and that last weekend gets busier since it falls into Veterans Day weekend and the end of F&W. With a good plan you can still get everything done. Just avoid Epcot Friday-Sunday the weekend of Veterans Day.

Last trip we did Friday before Jersey Week to the following Sunday which happened to be Veterans Day. Epcot was insane that Saturday. We lasted 45 minutes. We went over to AK and then to MK and it was fine. Nothing crazy. That Sunday (departure day) we went to DHS and had a great time. We stayed at BWV that trip and walked into Epcot for a few minutes to grab something before heading to DHS and it was complete insanity.

This trip we are flying in Thursday 11/3 at night and staying until the following Saturday. I figure crowds are going to be much bigger that last weekend so we can go a day earlier and leave a day earlier. Hopefully we beat the crowds a bit.

The beginning of the week is normal November busy IMO. Once you get to Thursday you feel the crowds a bit more and that last weekend gets busier since it falls into Veterans Day weekend and the end of F&W. With a good plan you can still get everything done. Just avoid Epcot Friday-Sunday the weekend of Veterans Day.

Last trip we did Friday before Jersey Week to the following Sunday which happened to be Veterans Day. Epcot was insane that Saturday. We lasted 45 minutes.

Yikes! We're going with our 20-something DS+SOs that Thu/Fri/Sat (flying home Sunday, no park day). I had no idea that it would be this crowded (TP did just up the predictions to a higher number). We're doing the MVMCP on Thursday, so Friday is our EP afternoon/evening. Was it crowded ALL day at EP that Friday or just into the evening?

We did EP on a SAT in early December last year and it was insane. We ended up all the way around the world before getting something other than a pretzel because the food lines were so long. We went again in March and did EP on Friday and it was fine. We don't have a choice this time since we've got the party tickets on Thurs (and I know better about Saturdays). I wonder if we should plan to be at EP in the afternoon and hop to somewhere else when it gets packed!

Yikes! We're going with our 20-something DS+SOs that Thu/Fri/Sat (flying home Sunday, no park day). I had no idea that it would be this crowded (TP did just up the predictions to a higher number). We're doing the MVMCP on Thursday, so Friday is our EP afternoon/evening. Was it crowded ALL day at EP that Friday or just into the evening?

We did EP on a SAT in early December last year and it was insane. We ended up all the way around the world before getting something other than a pretzel because the food lines were so long. We went again in March and did EP on Friday and it was fine. We don't have a choice this time since we've got the party tickets on Thurs (and I know better about Saturdays). I wonder if we should plan to be at EP in the afternoon and hop to somewhere else when it gets packed!

I didn't go to Epcot that Friday but I have heard it's crazy in WS in the evening. Not so much FW. I would definitely play it by ear and hop if it's too packed.

I didn't go to Epcot that Friday but I have heard it's crazy in WS in the evening. Not so much FW. I would definitely play it by ear and hop if it's too packed.

Good to know. Maybe we'll flip the plan and head to WS first (early-mid afternoon), make a lap, then head to FW as evening approaches. We'll be doing AK that day in the morning and there's only so many rides we need to do there, so maybe we could still have a midday break, then head to WS a little earlier than we planned to arrive at EP originally.

I've been during Jersey Week before and am going again this year. Schools aren't closed all week. They are closed the Thursday and Friday of the first full week of November. Some schools also close for election day.

Last trip we did Friday before Jersey Week to the following Sunday which happened to be Veterans Day. Epcot was insane that Saturday. We lasted 45 minutes. We went over to AK and then to MK and it was fine. Nothing crazy. That Sunday (departure day) we went to DHS and had a great time. We stayed at BWV that trip and walked into Epcot for a few minutes to grab something before heading to DHS and it was complete insanity.

This trip we are flying in Thursday 11/3 at night and staying until the following Saturday. I figure crowds are going to be much bigger that last weekend so we can go a day earlier and leave a day earlier. Hopefully we beat the crowds a bit.
This is what makes the 2 pm restriction on hopping concerning. If you get to Epcot in the morning (where you reserved) and it’s that nuts, have to wait until 2 to hop. Well we will just have to go with the flow!

Oh -- of course I didn't even think about that part! Only my DH and I have gone since reservations + 2pm park hopping and we always had a nice break midday. If we try to avoid the FRI evening EP crowd, we can't start in WS until 2pm anyway.

The other thing that's harder with a group of 6 adults, 4 of whom haven't been since they all were tweens -- is that I feel like our 3rd day should be their choice as to what they want to re-visit. I know part of that day will need to be in DHS (we won't be able to ride everything on our first/arrival day). But with Park Reservations, it's impossible to wing it that day and change reservations last minute: Touring Plans show both MK and HS ran out of park reservations for that Friday last year. So I guess we'll keep the HS as our reservation (we won't need MK after the MVMCP) and hope for the best. Lots of thinking on this one.

We are going the 13-19. We were planning to see multiple Eat to the Beat concerts but unfortunately, they end the 14th, rather than the 19th.

Our options are to see Sugar Ray on Sunday the 13th or Monday the 14th (The last day). Does anyone know how popular they are as a band? Would it be easier going on a Sunday, or the last day of shows? Both seem like impossible tasks, especially since there is a party in MK on the 14th, likely driving people to Epcot instead. We don't want to stand in line for hours and are not thrilled with the dining package restaurant choices.

Any advice / thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter