***Official November 2022 Thread***

We are going the 13-19. We were planning to see multiple Eat to the Beat concerts but unfortunately, they end the 14th, rather than the 19th.

Our options are to see Sugar Ray on Sunday the 13th or Monday the 14th (The last day). Does anyone know how popular they are as a band? Would it be easier going on a Sunday, or the last day of shows? Both seem like impossible tasks, especially since there is a party in MK on the 14th, likely driving people to Epcot instead. We don't want to stand in line for hours and are not thrilled with the dining package restaurant choices.

Any advice / thoughts?
Sugar Ray was fairly popular 20 years ago, but I don’t know what the demand for them would be like at F&W

We are going the 13-19. We were planning to see multiple Eat to the Beat concerts but unfortunately, they end the 14th, rather than the 19th.

Our options are to see Sugar Ray on Sunday the 13th or Monday the 14th (The last day). Does anyone know how popular they are as a band? Would it be easier going on a Sunday, or the last day of shows? Both seem like impossible tasks, especially since there is a party in MK on the 14th, likely driving people to Epcot instead. We don't want to stand in line for hours and are not thrilled with the dining package restaurant choices.

Any advice / thoughts?
I think Monday will still be better, even withe the MK party.

Grand Floridian - Nov 29-30
Caribbean Beach - Dec 1-3

We usually avoid split stays but decided that two nights at GF and two nights at CBR might be worth it. The only bus we would have to take would be to AK. :)

The plan would be to go to MK on arrival day and watch the Christmas party fireworks from the Grand, where they pipe in the music. :) We would linger at the GF on our check out day and head to CBR when the room is ready. We've never been to CBR but the Skyliner should make it worth it, I hope.

Last edited:

I can finally let out a breath. We just did our ADRs for Nov. 1-8. What a wild ride...
CRT breakfast, Tusker House...HDDR....
I am over the moon and way too excited to contain!

We make ours Sunday for our November 3-12 trip and I’m a bit nervous. We arrive late so no ADRs arrival day.

I’m trying to decide which order to make my ADRs. This is what I’m thinking:

Topolino’s 11/6 breakfast
MK Dessert party 11/5
Oga’s 11/5 in the evening
Sci Fi 11/10 lunch
Homecoming 11/7 lunch (or should we just do walk up)
Cali Grill 11/11 dinner during MVMCP fireworks
SK71 11/4 lunch
San Angel Inn 11/5 lunch
Sanaa 11/8 lunch
GF Cafe 11/12 brunch

Any suggestions?

We make ours Sunday for our November 3-12 trip and I’m a bit nervous. We arrive late so no ADRs arrival day.

MK Dessert party 11/5
Sci Fi 11/10 lunch
SK71 11/4 lunch
San Angel Inn 11/5 lunch
Sanaa 11/8 lunch
GF Cafe 11/12 brunch

Any suggestions?

The one I think might be the hardest to get is Topollino's because EPCOT still doesn't have a lot of it's breakfast options. I've heard people who check back frequently have had some good success at getting it though. Good luck!

MK Dessert party 11/5
Sci Fi 11/10 lunch
SK71 11/4 lunch
San Angel Inn 11/5 lunch
Sanaa 11/8 lunch
GF Cafe 11/12 brunch

Any suggestions?
Obviously none of us truly know....but I would not just walk up to Art Smith's. The past couple times we've done that, with the advised wait time, we ended up opting for a to-go order. Which was great in the end; we really had a fun time sitting around eating and people watching.

Good luck! I hope you get all of these.

Obviously none of us truly know....but I would not just walk up to Art Smith's. The past couple times we've done that, with the advised wait time, we ended up opting for a to-go order. Which was great in the end; we really had a fun time sitting around eating and people watching.

Good luck! I hope you get all of these.
That’s an awesome idea… We may actually look into doing that as a to go order. Didn’t even think of that as an option.

VIP Tour Thanksgiving Week:

My family is wanting to book tour Thanksgiving week and having a difficult time trying to decide which day to prioritize. We arrive Sunday 11/20 and depart 11/27. We also have Christmas Party tickets on 11/22. Interested in hearing which day you would choose during the week and why.

Also, I called and inquired about hourly rate and it’s the same rate regardless of date.

TIA:)!

MK Dessert party 11/4
Sci Fi 11/10 lunch
SK71 11/4 lunch
San Angel Inn 11/5 lunch
Sanaa 11/8 lunch
GF Cafe 11/12 brunch

Any suggestions?
Quoting my own post since today was ADR day…

I got mostly everything we wanted.

I couldn’t get Topolino’s I refreshed at 5:59 am and no tables at all that entire morning. I even changed party size and times. Nothing. I did sign up for a reservation finder.

Cali Grill also had nothing 11/11 but they have nothing past the 60 day mark. I read previous posts that they may be releasing only 60 days out so I’ll keep checking.

We usually avoid split stays but decided that two nights at GF and two nights at CBR might be worth it. The only bus we would have to take would be to AK. :)

The plan would be to go to MK on arrival day and watch the Christmas party fireworks from the Grand, where they pipe in the music. :)

Editing went awry!

Last edited:

The plan would be to go to MK on arrival day and watch the Christmas party fireworks from the Grand, where they pipe in the music. :) We would linger at the GF on our check out day and head to CBR when the room is ready. We've never been to CBR but the Skyliner should make it worth it, I hope.
Hi Wood Nymph! Neither of us are staying at our usual WL on our upcoming trips. We are taking our 3 year-old granddaughter on her first trip mid-November and staying in AKL Kidani for the 1st time. We wanted to do a resort-centric trip and figured it would be a good choice for that.

She has never seen fireworks so I figured we’d see them from either the Poly beach or the Grand after dinner. I like the food choices better at GF, but have no idea where to watch the fireworks from. Is it fairly obvious? How would you compare the views between the 2?

Thanks!

I need a reservation at Biergarten for 12 people. What’s the best strategy? 6 and 6 or 8 and 4, 10 and 12? We are going with two other families and I book one day before the other families. I want to book the “most” and then they have to pick up the balance, but IDK. Don’t want to have to call.

She has never seen fireworks so I figured we’d see them from either the Poly beach or the Grand after dinner. I like the food choices better at GF, but have no idea where to watch the fireworks from. Is it fairly obvious? How would you compare the views between the 2?
Grand Floridian - There is a viewing area is right outside Gasparillas. You can watch the fireworks from the tables or pull up some chairs and sit a little closer to the speakers. There is plenty of room for three-year-old kids to run around a little. :) They pipe in the music there and the view is excellent. There is another good area at the GF boat dock. There is seating there and they pipe in the music. I like the Gasparilla area better because it is so close to the lobby and you can grab some food there. :)

I need a reservation at Biergarten for 12 people. What’s the best strategy? 6 and 6 or 8 and 4, 10 and 12? We are going with two other families and I book one day before the other families. I want to book the “most” and then they have to pick up the balance, but IDK. Don’t want to have to call.
If you don't call to book a reservation for 12 then there is no guarantee that your tables will be anywhere close together. Otherwise, I would book two tables for six since most of the configurations are that size.

As we get closer to ADR day I have a question 🤔🤔🤔

We are traveling with a baby (4 months old at the time). Will I need to include him for our dining reservations? We will be 2 adults, a kiddo and a baby.

Getting really excited - seems like once we hit 60 days, the trip arrives quickly!!

Grand Floridian - There is a viewing area is right outside Gasparillas. You can watch the fireworks from the tables or pull up some chairs and sit a little closer to the speakers. There is plenty of room for three-year-old kids to run around a little. :) They pipe in the music there and the view is excellent. There is another good area at the GF boat dock. There is seating there and they pipe in the music. I like the Gasparilla area better because it is so close to the lobby and you can grab some food there. :)
Thanks, Sue!! This was very helpful. My DD was kind of attached to the Poly beach after Kona Café plan, but after I read your reply to her today, she was on board with my Gasparilla GF plan!

As we get closer to ADR day I have a question 🤔🤔🤔

We are traveling with a baby (4 months old at the time). Will I need to include him for our dining reservations? We will be 2 adults, a kiddo and a baby.

Getting really excited - seems like once we hit 60 days, the trip arrives quickly!!
You would be seated at a table for four since there aren't really any tables for three, so you might as well include him. You would need the space for a high chair. He would just be Guest 4. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter