***Official November 2022 Thread***

My friend who is joining us on this trip (but doing some separate things with her family) is making ADRs for the first time tomorrow morning. Its been fun coaching her! What I don't know is......does Droid and Lightsaber open at the 60 day mark as well? Or is this something that slowly rolls opening slots? She's getting overwhelmed, but excited, at all the things she wants to attempt to book tomorrow. Her ADRs aren't the highest demand ones, so what should she focus on first - star wars experiences or ADRs (yak and yeti, sci fi (know this one is hard) and either boathouse or homecomin)? Thanks!

She can book Boathouse now on Opentable.

If it were me, I'd book the Star Wars experiences first. People hoard so many dining reservations there's a good chance availability will come back up, especially the closer she gets to her trip.

My friend who is joining us on this trip (but doing some separate things with her family) is making ADRs for the first time tomorrow morning. Its been fun coaching her! What I don't know is......does Droid and Lightsaber open at the 60 day mark as well? Or is this something that slowly rolls opening slots? She's getting overwhelmed, but excited, at all the things she wants to attempt to book tomorrow. Her ADRs aren't the highest demand ones, so what should she focus on first - star wars experiences or ADRs (yak and yeti, sci fi (know this one is hard) and either boathouse or homecomin)? Thanks!
I believe Droid and Lightsaber open at the 60 day mark, but they are usually available before 6 am. I'm not sure it they become available after midnight, but I usually wake up around 5am and make those reservations first so that I'm ready for dining reservations at 6am and you don't have to worry about prioritizing one over the other.

I believe Droid and Lightsaber open at the 60 day mark, but they are usually available before 6 am. I'm not sure it they become available after midnight, but I usually wake up around 5am and make those reservations first so that I'm ready for dining reservations at 6am and you don't have to worry about prioritizing one over the other.
well this is great advice!

We’re also there the week after Jersey (14-21) and it’s busy then too. Was hoping for a low in between Jersey week and Thanksgiving. Guess we will see.
Just quickly looking this morning, looks like the just released Disney+ subscriber discounts only apply 12/11 to 12/25. Guess that means no discounts for us November types. Rats! Wonder if this means it’s going to be really busy.

Hi November peeps! Looks like we may miss out on hotel discounts this year. I have never seen such a small window for a resort discount, 12/11-25, ever!
From what I’ve been reading, I suspect we may have higher than normal crowds in November. They must be fully booked, thus no discount for us this trip. :(

Just quickly looking this morning, looks like the just released Disney+ subscriber discounts only apply 12/11 to 12/25. Guess that means no discounts for us November types. Rats! Wonder if this means it’s going to be really busy.
Great minds posting at the same time. :)

Looks like the American pavilion will be closed for refurbishment for a good part of November.

Hi November peeps! Looks like we may miss out on hotel discounts this year. I have never seen such a small window for a resort discount, 12/11-25, ever!
From what I’ve been reading, I suspect we may have higher than normal crowds in November. They must be fully booked, thus no discount for us this trip. :(
I wouldn’t read too much into it. This is a promo for disney plus to catch headlines with how awesome a deal it is for the busy christmas times when there are rarely any discounts—not a tactic to increase bookings at a slow time. On the cruise line, they are offering the discount on holiday weekends and spring break ships in Jan-March but not offering them on half empty ships this fall. I don’t think it is about November at all.

Is there luggage storage at all in Disney Springs? We want to check out of our hotel, go to lunch in Disney Springs and then head straight to our Univeral hotel. Thanks!

Hi~officially joining this group since we have the package booked (hotels, tickets, Genie+), park reservations made and flights from CA booked. SO excited, first trip to WDW for me EVER!!! My daughter is too but I'm more excited. Husband and inlaws have been but it's been a long time. (and no HS or AK for them).

Coming November 12th-22nd, split stay between POR Riverside and The Beach Club.
Tentative plan, to change potentially as Christmas Party dates are announced.

Saturday 11/12: dinner at Boatwrights (since we are staying at Riverside) or Hoop De Doo, any suggestions welcome!

Sunday 11/13: rest day/get to know resort. check out pool. Take boat to Disney Springs. Dinner at Story Book Dining at Artist Point (fingers crossed, seems like a difficult one and it'll only be our 60+1

Monday 11/14: Magic Kingdom. lunch or dinner @ CRT

Tuesday 11/15: Hollywood Studios. maybe QS lunch at Docking Bay 7. back to resort to rest. IDEALLY this would be our Christmas Party night.

Wednesday 11/17: rest/pool day to recoup after late Christmas party. Disney Springs for lunch, lunch at The Boathouse.

Thursday 11/18: Animal Kingdom. breakfast at Pongu Pongu (or ???????). Lunch at Satu'li Canteen. Dinner ????? IDEAS WELCOME

Friday 11/19
: (and the day we check into Beach Club) Epcot. lunch or dinner at Space 220, another hard one. But it'll be our 60+6. Torn on where else to eat that's so unique and fun.

Saturday 11/20: Hollywood Studios. lunch at Sci Fi?

Sunday 11/21: 1/2 rest day/pool day. Cabana. Lunch at Beaches and Cream. Enter Epcot late in day (4 or 5?) for dinner somewhere (?) and Harmonious.

Monday 11/22: Magic
kingdom. lunch or dinner @ BOG

Tuesday 11/23: check out day. breakfast at the Poly OR at Boma? later flight to CA.

This exhausts me to write it all. Any suggestions will be taken as gold. I planned this all myself, my family leaves it all to me. I'm excited but also a Disneyland person so I hope I'm picking right.
Back again! ;-)

Very excited still but made some changes. Now staying all 10 nights at POR Riverside.

Saturday 11/12: arrive, late dinner at resort

Sunday 11/13: rest day/pool day

Monday 11/14: Animal Kingdom (Tiffins for dinner)

Tuesday 11/15: Hollywood studios 1/2 day; Christmas party in evening

Wednesday 11/16: MK. (Hopefully lunch at BOG)

Thursday 11/17: rest/pool day

Friday 11/18: Epcot (dinner at Le Cellier)

Saturday 11/19: Hollywood studios (lunch at Sci Fi)

Sunday 11/20: 1/2 day rest; Epcot (hopefully lunch at Space 220)

Monday 11/21: MK (hopefully lunch at CRT)

Decided we should probably do a dessert party. Not sure which MK day to try for it?

Either Wednesday 11/16 or Monday 11/21
Wednesday so far has the extended hours for deluxe guests. Does that play into anything at all?

Whew -- slim pickins for our arrival night for dinner in or near MK. In fact NO pickins! We're a party of 6 and could not find an ADR in MK or any MK hotel for dinner anywhere around 5-6pm on Thursday 11/10. I'm LOLing at all the research I did in order to decide what I'd shoot for. Now I'm just hoping for a table service meal of any kind.

I'll sign up for the TP ADR notifications and hope for the best and then study up on the quick service choices that offer decent vegetarian/pescetarian options.

Was able to get Oga's for our 3rd night though.

Whew -- slim pickins for our arrival night for dinner in or near MK. In fact NO pickins! We're a party of 6 and could not find an ADR in MK or any MK hotel for dinner anywhere around 5-6pm on Thursday 11/10. I'm LOLing at all the research I did in order to decide what I'd shoot for. Now I'm just hoping for a table service meal of any kind.

I'll sign up for the TP ADR notifications and hope for the best and then study up on the quick service choices that offer decent vegetarian/pescetarian options.

That's wild! I'm sure things will open up as people narrow down their options. We had an awesome lunch at GF Cafe and they usually have good availability. I might put them as my TP ADR finder first, as you will likely get one quickly, and then you have it as a back up if you want to look for harder places.

I was crossing all my fingers and toes that Tron would be open in November! I can’t believe they’re waiting to open it until next spring!! We go to Disney every 18 months and each trip we kept being like “next trip it will be open!”…what a let down.
Agree!

I was crossing all my fingers and toes that Tron would be open in November! I can’t believe they’re waiting to open it until next spring!! We go to Disney every 18 months and each trip we kept being like “next trip it will be open!”…what a let down.
SAME. I'm so disappointed and trying to figure out how i can squeeze in a spring trip. lol.

Somehow I missed this when I posted earlier. I guess there's Guardians to to try out, but still bummed.

aye! My reservations open tomorrow (well, 0300 PST tonight for me here in CA).
I'm wondering why your pickings were so slim? Are you staying on site?

They were booking for arrival night (60 days exactly) which is always slim pickings because there is no onsite advantage for day one—offsite guests can book at 60 days too. Plus a large party (6) is always harder to book.

That's wild! I'm sure things will open up as people narrow down their options. We had an awesome lunch at GF Cafe and they usually have good availability. I might put them as my TP ADR finder first, as you will likely get one quickly, and then you have it as a back up if you want to look for harder places.

That's actually where we decided to try to get an ADR! I think it's probably a combo of being on night 1, party of 6, and a MVMCP night (and only the 2nd one), so guessing lots of people are looking for MK/MK adjacent dining around that time.

On site.

They were booking for arrival night (60 days exactly) which is always slim pickings because there is no onsite advantage for day one—offsite guests can book at 60 days too. Plus a large party (6) is always harder to book.

This is it. We wanted a sit down dinner for night 1, the F&W at EP for night 2, and then kind of wing it on night 3 (aside from Oga's). This will be with our 20-something DSs and their SOs (who all haven't been since their tweens), so trying to be flexible for our 3rd day (or at least as much as park reservations can allow -- this is SO much easier when it's just DH and me, lol)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter