***Official November 2022 Thread***

It worked! I was able to modify my La Hacienda reservation to 5 people at 4:15 and then make one under my sister account for 2 people at 4:15 as well!

thank you so much!

Also, I can see everything in my plans/future plans on both desktop and the app. Yay!

Oh perfect! Glad that worked!

My app is on a sign in loop, and the website just says unable to show plans please come back later. 🙄 Gotta love Disney technology!

So -- we don't mess with ADRs all that often (our trips are short and we find table service more time consuming than we'd prefer), but are doing this with our kids+SOs and want a sit down for our first night.

How does a split reservation work? Will they actually seat you all together anyway? We have 6 total and I definitely saw that a table for 6 was more challenging than 2.

If anyone is trying California Grill is only releasing ADRs 60 days out at midnight. I made mine for 11/11 the night before last around 12:30 am. At 6 am there were still a good number of openings but they were gone by 9 am.

I'm trying to help my friends with their part of their trip once we leave. I was able to get Biergarten for all 12 of us - had to call - but they put two ADRs under me for 6 people each.

My friends can't get tables for 8 and they are stressing over doing 4 and 4 under separate accounts. So now they are discussing going offsite for meals (not DS - but into the lake buena vista area).

They are staying at BLT. Anyone want to throw out some good and "closer" restaurants for a party of 8? Four adults, 4 kids - ages 7 - 11. And on top of that - anyone have good experiences with Door Dash/Uber Eats, etc......?

We are staying at All-Star Sports and doing Sunday, November 13 at Hollywood Studios! Woke up at 4:40 (central time) this morning to try to get an Oga's reservation right at 4:45, but nothing was showing. Thought I'd look around at some other things before I gave up, and eventually started to see openings for Oga's. Snagged a 10:45AM spot 🥳

Now if you'll excuse me, I need some more coffee :coffee:

I'm doing a split stay, and forgot to set an alarm to book ADRs for the second portion of the trip! 😬 (Luckily the most important ADRs have already been booked, and the back half is going to be F&W heavy.)

HOWEVER. I wasn't able to snag a reservation for the La Cava Experience that we'd been hoping for. I've only ever used Touring Plans' reservation finder, and unfortunately, the La Cava experience is not available through that service.

Does anyone know if you are able to run searches for the La Cava Experience on any other reservation finding services?

I'm doing a split stay, and forgot to set an alarm to book ADRs for the second portion of the trip! 😬 (Luckily the most important ADRs have already been booked, and the back half is going to be F&W heavy.)

HOWEVER. I wasn't able to snag a reservation for the La Cava Experience that we'd been hoping for. I've only ever used Touring Plans' reservation finder, and unfortunately, the La Cava experience is not available through that service.

Does anyone know if you are able to run searches for the La Cava Experience on any other reservation finding services?
I just checked Mouse dining has this as an option.

Good luck!!
It’s such a great and magical feeling when you see the availability and can get all or at least most of what you were hoping for! I was hoping for the best this morning and was pleasantly surprised 🙃😊
Did you do it on the computer or on your MDE app on your cell?

So at midnight (it’s now 12:32am) I was able to book Up Close with Rhinos but unfortunately I wasn’t able to get it until our last day! Was hoping to get it for Nov 16 or 18, but ended up with the 19. Does anyone know if they open up more dates closer?

Also… time for bed… will be up again at 5:45am to be ready for dining reservations 🤣

So at midnight (it’s now 12:32am) I was able to book Up Close with Rhinos but unfortunately I wasn’t able to get it until our last day! Was hoping to get it for Nov 16 or 18, but ended up with the 19. Does anyone know if they open up more dates closer?

Also… time for bed… will be up again at 5:45am to be ready for dining reservations 🤣
Good luck!

Well… I officially have never had a worse experience getting dining reservations ever. Got next to nothing and my requests were not hard. Tables of 2 for everything. I usually have no trouble getting all of my reservations, and for longer trips with more restaurants, too. So annoyed.

What we wanted:
11/13: GFC or ‘Ohana any time from 6-7:30pm - nothing available at all. Will use Reservation finder and hope for the best.

11/14: what we wanted? San Angel Inn between 5-7pm; no reservations available. We will eat at food and wine I guess.

11/15: wanted 50’s Primetime between 5:30-7pm. what we got? 7:50pm. Will use reservation finder for this too I guess.

11/16: GFC or ‘Ohana between 6-7:30pm, got GFC at 6:00pm but now wishing we can switch it to ‘Ohana.

11/17: What we wanted - 50’s Prime time as a back up for not getting it on 11/15.

11/18: nothing

11/19: wanted Yak and Yeti at 12:30. Got 1pm. Close enough on that I guess but we leave and didn’t even want to be in AK this day but it was the only rhino tour available. Oyyyyyy.

Last edited:
Well… I officially have never had a worse experience getting dining reservations ever. Got absolutely NOTHING. And my requests were not hard. Tables of 2 for everything. We wanted GFC or Ohana on 11/13 or 11/16; nothing available for 6/7pm. 11/15 or 11/17, 50s prime time - nothing available til 8. 11/19 Yak and Yeti at 12:30, they only had 1pm. 11/14, Was hoping for dinner at San Angel inn. Nothing until 8pm.

I usually have no trouble getting all of my reservations, and for longer trips with more restaurants, too. So annoyed.

Try for 4 people. We had to do that with some of our ADRs. We go 11/3-11/12. I then went in and modified them down to 2 people.

So -- we don't mess with ADRs all that often (our trips are short and we find table service more time consuming than we'd prefer), but are doing this with our kids+SOs and want a sit down for our first night.

How does a split reservation work? Will they actually seat you all together anyway? We have 6 total and I definitely saw that a table for 6 was more challenging than 2.
I have no experience doing a split reservation like this, but I just read about it on the boards. People suggest arriving at the later time and politely explaining your situation. Sometimes they can, sometimes they can't I guess 🤷‍♀️ I'd only do it if you are willing to be seated apart, worst case scenario. (Like I wouldn't do it as a single parent with 5 young kids or whatever, two kids would have to sit alone and possibly far away)

I had to refresh and refresh and refresh about 10 times until Cat 1 showed up for Hoop Dee Doo. It kept giving me only Cat 3 or only Cat 2. But the persistence paid off. Keep checking and refreshing for the Cat 1.
Well I was able to get Cat 1! But now I'm wondering if we'd be better off with the 4 or 6pm show 🤔 That's our last day, leaving Saturday, and we are doing our last MK day then. It's a party day, so I figured we'd leave around four and head to the fort, but now I'm wondering if that's too late for my kids to maintain their cool at the end of a long trip 😂

Try for 4 people. We had to do that with some of our ADRs. We go 11/3-11/12. I then went in and modified them down to 2 people.

Omg! Thank you SO much for this tip!!!! It worked for a few, except now idk how to remove people from the reservation. Every time I try I get an error. Do I have to call?

Anyone know the deal with Oga's in terms of latest dining reservation? We currently have a 9:25 pm ADR on a 9:00 closing. Dining shows dinner is until 10:00 pm. The last time we had an "after the park closing" ADR there, they called us the day before and said they made a mistake and offered us to come in at any point before 8:30. Anyone know if this has changed?

Have I missed any Fantasmic return announcements?

Omg! Thank you SO much for this tip!!!! It worked for a few, except now idk how to remove people from the reservation. Every time I try I get an error. Do I have to call?

I changed mine through the app but if it doesn’t work you can show up with 2 and it won’t matter. I’ve done that before with hard to get ADRs. The CMs must get it a lot because none have ever cared.

Anyone know the deal with Oga's in terms of latest dining reservation? We currently have a 9:25 pm ADR on a 9:00 closing. Dining shows dinner is until 10:00 pm. The last time we had an "after the park closing" ADR there, they called us the day before and said they made a mistake and offered us to come in at any point before 8:30. Anyone know if this has changed?

Have I missed any Fantasmic return announcements?
Re: Oga's, I've heard great things about being the latest reservation and walking out of an empty park. I'd keep it and let them shift you if they need to.

Fantasmic: no announcement. Rehearsals have definitely started, there's absolutely a chance it'll be back by November, but no word yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter