***Official November 2022 Thread***

I want to do Hoop Dee Doo! But I’m torn because my son is RIDICULOUSLY picky and would literally eat nothing on the menu, so I feel silly coughing up the money for a dinner show when it would really just be for the show! Does anyone on here love it enough that they think I should try regardless?
Will he eat Mac and cheese? I mean that is legit all one of my daughters would eat on that menu…. I can’t recall if they would give regular chicken fingers or not….

He actually hates mac & cheese 🤦🏻‍♀️ He truly hates cheese in general. Its unnatural to me. I live for cheese.
Girl I feel you, 1663417751469.jpeg

My kids don’t eat bread. Either one of them at all…. So I feel you on the picky! It was a lot of fun the show and we enjoyed it. But not sure it’s worth it if they will eat nothing. They did give my daughter a bowl of strawberries since she didn’t like the desert….

Since there haven’t been any FANTASMIC announcements for return in November, is it safe to assume it may not return for our mid-November trip? I’ve been trying to plan our HS day pretending there might be Fantasmic at the end of the day. Do we know on a Friday night what time it would normally be scheduled in the past?

Since there haven’t been any FANTASMIC announcements for return in November, is it safe to assume it may not return for our mid-November trip? I’ve been trying to plan our HS day pretending there might be Fantasmic at the end of the day. Do we know on a Friday night what time it would normally be scheduled in the past?
It’s hard to know…. My bet is that it will be back by then, but who knows? I think in the past it was at 8:00 at that time of year….

They are not running the resort boats and it looks like they will not return. But the Disney Springs bus stops at the Contemporary after picking up at WL. And the HS and AK buses could stop at CR later in the day. Just ask the bus driver first. You will have to go to MK to catch a bus or boat back to WL.
So there's no boat anymore from the lodge to the campgrounds? That's the easiest one! I don't get it... It's been a minute since I've been there, is the walking path still open?

Well we have had a mess trying to book ADRs, we had to travel to a wedding, flights cancelled, rebooked and then delayed. We were supposed to arrive at 2 pm the day before and arrived at midnight. This is all PDT. No way was I then going to stay up until 3 just to book 2 ADRs. Next morning I was able to get Boma on DH’s birthday, but Space 220 gone. 2 questions:
1. Best site for alerts for Space 220?
2. How do I let Boma know in advance it’s DHs birthday?
we haven’t been to WDW in 13 years so any tips appreciated

Our party is 4 adults and a 3 year old. I've had a lot of trouble finding tables for 5 or 6, but found a few for 4. Do you think that will be OK? I'm assuming the 3 year old will be in a high chair. Actually, not positive though. Sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn't.

Any advice?

I just finished booking my ADRs. We were overall successful. I was able to book Space 220 for lunch (not lounge) at my 60 +8. We did 2 parties of 4, using 2 MDE accounts.

I was unable to book California Grill for 2 (even tried 4) at my 60 +9.....anyone else seeing issues with CG availability? I also was hoping they would extend Celebration at the Top....but it still shows the last date of Sep24.

We didn't seek out anything else too difficult. I am excited to have our Thanksgiving dinner at BOG again.
Does BOG do anything special for Thanksgiving dinner? We traditionally eat their our last dinner on vacation and it’s also Thanksgiving, so I’m hoping.

CG is releasing at 60 days out at midnight. I had it for 60+9 and had to wait over a week to book it. It does book up by 8-9 am so don’t waste too much time on the 60 day mark.
Thank you! I was wondering if that was one of the midnight releases. I stay up late, so that's actually good for me. I'll mark my calendar now! Love these boards and the knowledge shared - THANK YOU.

Space 220 is what Im STALKING 😭😭 I wanted it so bad for my son, but after the crash yesterday morning of my ADR day, there has been absolutely nothing. I need it for Thurs. 11/17 if anyone ends up canceling & feels like letting me know lol!
Ya know that is a good thought. I'm happy to try and help anyone on here. I just checked and I still have the ability to book at Space 220 later in the Thanksgiving week (I know that doesn't help you directly), but if I can book and coordinate with someone on this thread, I'm happen to do so.

Well we have had a mess trying to book ADRs, we had to travel to a wedding, flights cancelled, rebooked and then delayed. We were supposed to arrive at 2 pm the day before and arrived at midnight. This is all PDT. No way was I then going to stay up until 3 just to book 2 ADRs. Next morning I was able to get Boma on DH’s birthday, but Space 220 gone. 2 questions:
Ya know....you're doing a great job planning - just remember that when the "bad moments" happen.
1. I may be old school on this, but I've used TP since maybe 2011 (if it was even around back then). A quick internet search and you will find 2-3 others. I do like the layout of 1 of them not named TP....not sure the rules here so I'm truly not trying to be vague, just don't want to "break rules" and post names I'm not supposed to.
2. When you booked it, it should have offered some type of option to add a cake or whatever. If you are just wanting to tell them, I don't think you can in the app.....please correct me if I'm wrong. I would just tell them when you check in.

Our party is 4 adults and a 3 year old. I've had a lot of trouble finding tables for 5 or 6, but found a few for 4. Do you think that will be OK? I'm assuming the 3 year old will be in a high chair. Actually, not positive though. Sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn't.

Any advice?
Better experts on here than myself....but from what I know, it truly depends on the place. For example: you could easily get a table for 5/6 at Yak&Yeti. Yet at Sci-Fi or Space 220, it would be 4. Sci-fi with 4 and a 3yr old most likely wouldn't be ideal. Some places have booth seating on 1 side or even both....I'm sure you could book for 4 and squeeze a 3yr old in between the 2 adults on the booth. Even CRT has some booth seating where this would work.

Does BOG do anything special for Thanksgiving dinner? We traditionally eat their our last dinner on vacation and it’s also Thanksgiving, so I’m hoping.
Apologies for all the messages, I'm not good at putting 5 responses together in 1 post.

I wouldn't call it special beyond just being there. However, in 2020, they did offer a thanksgiving meal (it was not on the menu). TBH, none of my group of 8 order that because 7 of us got the filet! :)

I will post this in the F! Watch thread too but for my November peeps—we are doing a split stay (Swan and Contemporary) and today decided to reduce Swan by 1 day and add that day to CR, and we got it! So happy so we will have 4 Swan and 3 CR. BUT wanted to tell you the Cast Member was fabulous, found out we hadn’t been in 13 years and made sure we had things figured out, got our ADRS, park reservation, etc. Told him our only sad thing now is no news on Fantasmic. He said “well….it might be back by then”, obviously non-commital BUT sounded encouraging so let’s all keep hoping!
thanks for all the tips, we’ll all be there soon!

I recommend calling the cakeline @ 407-824-2474 for specialty birthday cakes. Cakes are available for delivery or pick-up with 72 hrs notice.

So there's no boat anymore from the lodge to the campgrounds? That's the easiest one! I don't get it... It's been a minute since I've been there, is the walking path still open?
Unfortunately, both the boat to the campground and the walking path are gone. Disney decided to stop running the resort boat. The boat captain that we talked to basically said that it won't be coming back. The walking path closed when they started construction for Reflections at FW. Disney paused the construction for now but hasn't reopened the path. You can see the path from the bus that travels between FW and WL and it is all overgrown.

We book our dining on Tuesday, and the only place I am worried that we won’t get is Liberty Tree Tavern for Thanksgiving. Has anyone tried to book there for Thanksgiving dinner? If so, were you able to get the spot?

I booked California Grill on Tues 11/15, initially excited that we would be there around fireworks time if they started at 8:15. Someone from another thread pointed out that’s a MVMCP night, so fireworks will be at 10:00. Does California Grill treat the Christmas fireworks the same? Can we stay after our dinner & view them, and will they still pipe in the music? Would it be Christmas music?

We book our dining on Tuesday, and the only place I am worried that we won’t get is Liberty Tree Tavern for Thanksgiving. Has anyone tried to book there for Thanksgiving dinner? If so, were you able to get the spot?
There are times available. What size is your party and what time were you looking for?
If LTT isn't available the Diamond Horseshoe next door serves the same meal in a different atmosphere. We did that last year (not on Thanksgiving though) and it was fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter