***Official November 2022 Thread***

Haha! I remember years ago DISboard member used to have green pins? Was it green? So you could spot other members! We should bring that back
Yes!! I remember those!! It was the green Mickey head paint chips you could get at Home Depot. We actually had a few people spot us in ride lines and say hi. We should totally bring something like that back!

We arrive on November 11 and as others have mention hoping for a little bit of a lull that week between Jersey week and before the Thanksgiving crowds come in.
I’m betting it’s going to be pretty busy though with food and wine festival winding down that particular week and the announcement of Fantasmic.

Hi everyone! Officially on the 20-day countdown myself and starting to get antsy! Is there a current list somewhere of what rides are paid LL and which are Genie=? The app just seems to be just a series of links on links on links ... I just want a list!

We only have one park per day because we are doing the cruise too, so I just want to make sure I'm prepared at that 7 a.m. time when I can book the priorities! Thanks!
Here’s the link to the lists on the Disney website, just scroll down and hit “read more” for each park

Here’s the link to the lists on the Disney website, just scroll down and hit “read more” for each park

Thank you so much! I guess sometimes it's better being on a computer!

Question for you all talking about Jersey Week. What are the actual dates? Nov 7-11?

Thank you so much! I guess sometimes it's better being on a computer!

Question for you all talking about Jersey Week. What are the actual dates? Nov 7-11?
Basically the week through the 13th. NJ has a Teacher's Convention (schools are closed the Thursday and Friday after election day). But many districts give the whole week, or half days leading into it, so lots of families head down to Orlando.

I feel the same way and now I'm torn on hopping away from HS that evening or seeing what ride times look like. I only have one other HS day and it's the 4th. I'd like to see the show but also don't want to fight for it.

I hope that it works out for you!

This is just one of those times where you plan and plan and follow Disney’s rules with reservations and meals and a rough touring plan 30-60 days out, and then Disney comes in and changes it all at the last minute!

I feel the same way and now I'm torn on hopping away from HS that evening or seeing what ride times look like. I only have one other HS day and it's the 4th. I'd like to see the show but also don't want to fight for it.

I would keep the plans as is. I’m not switching anything around either. I have two evenings at fantasmic and we will roll with it. I would like to see it but if it’s too much we will just ride rides with lower waits.

This is just one of those times where you plan and plan and follow Disney’s rules with reservations and meals and a rough touring plan 30-60 days out, and then Disney comes in and changes it all at the last minute!

Yep, exactly!

14 days out! (My ticker is acting up. It shows me 15 days) Getting so excited.

We are in South Jersey (about 20 minutes from Philly airport) and the Phillies are in the NLCS. IF they go to the World Series I will be in Disney for the last few games (if it goes past 5 games) AND IF they win I would be in Disney for the parade. AHHHHHHH! I asked DD if we could move our dates if that happens and she laughed at me. I was only half kidding. :rotfl: We always take either our Eagles or Phillies shirts when we go to Disney but this time it'll be a little bit more special if it goes our way.
We are from South Jersey too and arrive the same day! We are also diehard Philly fans so I completely understand and our family talked about this as well. My cousin said we'll have our own parade down Main Street if they win it all since we will likely miss the parade! LOL We are going 11/3-11/12 and we fly out at 5:30pm on 11/3 from PHL. I am so excited. We usually go in September so all I am looking forward to this trip is the nicer weather. The last time I went during Jersey Week was in 2015 and it was one of my most favorite trips. Have a great time!!!!

We are from South Jersey too and arrive the same day! We are also diehard Philly fans so I completely understand and our family talked about this as well. My cousin said we'll have our own parade down Main Street if they win it all since we will likely miss the parade! LOL We are going 11/3-11/12 and we fly out at 5:30pm on 11/3 from PHL. I am so excited. We usually go in September so all I am looking forward to this trip is the nicer weather. The last time I went during Jersey Week was in 2015 and it was one of my most favorite trips. Have a great time!!!!

We are there the same dates! We fly out on 11/3 at 6:30 pm and are staying at CSR. We fly home 11/12 at 10:30 pm. Last time we did jersey week was 2018 and we had an amazing trip. Have a great trip!

My daughter and husband also mentioned Main Street. ;)

Last edited:
HS park hours still haven't been updated from a 9 pm close, despite Fantasmic show times being released. The first 5 days have 2 shows (8 and 9:30, why so late?), and days after that are all at 9. So, I'm guessing park hours will be extended until 10?

The one show a day during Thanksgiving week is making me nervous. If they keep it that way, I guess we all know what the new hot Genie+ selection will be.

Edit: 8th - 13th are all one show at 8.

HS park hours still haven't been updated from a 9 pm close, despite Fantasmic show times being released. The first 5 days have 2 shows (8 and 9:30, why so late?), and days after that are all at 9. So, I'm guessing park hours will be extended until 10?

The one show a day during Thanksgiving week is making me nervous. If they keep it that way, I guess we all know what the new hot Genie+ selection will be.
It's possible they won't extend the hours. I know, in 2019, a night we were there the Star Wars fireworks ran at 9:30 despite a 9pm close. And, they routinely run Harmonious at park closing time.

It's possible they won't extend the hours. I know, in 2019, a night we were there the Star Wars fireworks ran at 9:30 despite a 9pm close. And, they routinely run Harmonious at park closing time.
That's true. If that's how they will do things, people who don't care about the show will have some really great wait times on rides for the last half hour or so the park is open while everyone else files into the stadium.

I’m from Jersey too but going the week after 11/13-11/19. Our schools are closed for the entire week 11/7-11/11. Also hoping for the in-between crowd lull.

We are tacking on a few days at WDW after a work conference (11/12-11/15), going to the parks 11/16-11/18 so we are also hoping for an in-between lull in crowds! :)

Do we think Fantasmic will be a Genie+? If we have a park reservation at another park for the morning but plan to do F! In the evening will we not be able to make a Genie+ until 2?

Do we think Fantasmic will be a Genie+? If we have a park reservation at another park for the morning but plan to do F! In the evening will we not be able to make a Genie+ until 2?
I haven't actually used Genie+ myself yet, but from what I've read I think you can book an attraction at another park at 7 am, you just forfeit a good ride reservation at your starting park.

I haven't actually used Genie+ myself yet, but from what I've read I think you can book an attraction at another park at 7 am, you just forfeit a good ride reservation at your starting park.
If I remember correctly, you cannot book a LL attraction at the park you are going to hop to until the return time is after 2pm.

So, for instance, your first park is MK and you are hopping to HS at 2pm. You want a LL for ToT, so you have to wait until ToT is showing a return time after 2pm.

If I remember correctly, you cannot book a LL attraction at the park you are going to hop to until the return time is after 2pm.

So, for instance, your first park is MK and you are hopping to HS at 2pm. You want a LL for ToT, so you have to wait until ToT is showing a return time after 2pm.
So as Fantasmic only happens in the evenings, it looks like that would make it an extremely difficult LL to book as basically anyone with a hopper will have the same access as those with HS park reservations.

Maybe I’m drastically underestimating how many people the arena will hold, but I’m nervous about it.

Hi everyone! We are so excited for our very 1st WDW trip in 2 weeks! We've been to DL a few times but this is our first time to FL. We are staying at the Grand Floridian. Here is our current plan, we also have park hoppers.
11/4: Arrive around 11pm
11/5: MK
11/6: Epcot then MK
11/7: Epcot
11/8: AK
11/9: HS
11/10: Rest day then Xmas party
11/11: HS
11/12: Leaving!

Hi everyone! We are so excited for our very 1st WDW trip in 2 weeks! We've been to DL a few times but this is our first time to FL. We are staying at the Grand Floridian. Here is our current plan, we also have park hoppers.
11/4: Arrive around 11pm
11/5: MK
11/6: Epcot then MK
11/7: Epcot
11/8: AK
11/9: HS
11/10: Rest day then Xmas party
11/11: HS
11/12: Leaving!
We arrive a little before you on the 4th at MCO and have the same plan on 11/6 and plan for Epcot on 11/7 after 2, so I’m sure we will cross paths at some point. Haha!

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter