• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2022 Thread***

Great call! I am so ambitious pre-trip planning, then get super lazy (but rightfully so!). My biggest unknown is if we will really attempt MK extended hours/deluxe guests until 1:00 am! My kids SO want to go for it, but we will be at Epcot for Harmonious, with our hotel right there (Swan) and it will be so tempting to just saunter out. But I keep reminding myself that we can sleep in the next day b/c it's our transfer day to Universal. Guess we will see!!!!!!!!

I’ve done the same and lowered my ambitions this trip. I learned my lesson from last trip!

We had a meltdown and my daughter isn’t a meltdown person. We both thought it would be great to do a 6 am flight and do MK all day until close and then do EMH at AK the next day. Things got ugly real fast. :scared: We aborted AK by 9 am and went back in the afternoon after a nap.

This trip we fly into Disney in the evening with a fresh start for our first park day. I think this will help a lot. And if things happen then they happen. I don’t really have late nights (only MK is open until 11 pm) followed by early mornings. I’ll use G+ to stack for our late starts.

On 11/5 I do have us RD Epcot at 8 am with a midday break then to DHS in the evening with stacked G+. If we do watch the game 11/4 and it goes really late or we stay at MK until 11 pm we may have to switch things up or push back arrival time at Epcot. We will just roll with it. And with 9 park days we can find time to move things.

If I knew we could sleep in the next day I would definitely try to stay until 1 am.

I keep watching the weather and seeing the temps increase and I regret booking the week I did :( I hate the heat and it's just now starting to get cool-ish here in so cal. For next week it has gone from 79/80/81 to like 86/87 :(
We hate the heat! But there is def a difference between an 87 degree day in November vs that 87 degree day in August. Oh - but I see you are from So Cal.....you will still def notice the humidity. My bro/family lives there - you guys seriously have PERFECT weather for the most part!

Hey guys! I’m joining in! I’ll also be in Disney November! Literally counting down the seconds till we get back!

Also wanted to ask a favor! If anyone will be staying at a Disney Resort, I’d be grateful if you can take a picture of the resort Recreation Calendar and post it to the Monthly Thread! I’d truly appreciate it, as well as all the others traveling during the month of November!! Thanks so much in advance!!!!

I keep watching the weather and seeing the temps increase and I regret booking the week I did :( I hate the heat and it's just now starting to get cool-ish here in so cal. For next week it has gone from 79/80/81 to like 86/87 :(
Ok by me, I am freezing now in SoCal desert area!

SO FUN to see everyone's plans!!

We are still keeping the trip a secret from our 6 year old. But it's getting hard!
Planning to put baby brother in a shirt that says "my big sister doesn't know we are going to Disney today" and then see how long it takes her 😉

Here are our plans. It's ambitious with a 4 month old, but we will try to take breaks. Normally we are commando style in the parks open to close.

Staying at Animal kingdom lodge!

Sat 11/12 - arrival
HS; Minnie's seasonal Dine late lunch & Oga's evening

Sun 11/13
Epcot; Teppan Edo late lunch

Mon 11/14
MK; 'Ohana breakfast & MVMCP

Tue 11/15
AK; Tusker House lunch
*this is a half day park for us, so plan to rest a bit!

Wed 11/16
HS; Savi's Lightsaber for daughter, 50s Prime Time for tentative dinner

Thurs 11/17
MK; Skipper Canteen lunch
*party day so evening at Disney springs maybe

Fri 11/18
Epcot; Biergarten early dinner, Space 220 ) hoping to switch it to lounge)

Sat 11/16 - head home
Boma breakfast

The trip is just around the corner and will be done in the blink of an eye!!

I love reading everyone's plans!! Heres ours, we might change around some meals, especially once we get there and see how the kids do with table service.

Saturday 11/12-arrival day, drop off luggage at Wilderness Lodge, head to Epcot
Sunday 11/13- Hollywood studios
Monday 11/14- magic kingdom; this is a party day so maybe some resort hoping after
Tuesday 11/15-rest/Disney springs day; ohana breakfast at 11:40
Wednesday 11/16- animal kingdom chef Mickey's at 12:25 will probably reschedule
Thursday 11/17- Epcot; space220 lounge at 6:45
Friday 11/18- magic kingdom; party day Hoop de doo revue 4pm
Saturday 11/19-departure day, resort monorail loop for Christmas decorations hopefully! whispering canyon at 10:45, might switch to chef mickeys 🤔

My kids don't do well staying up late, or in crowds, so we will probably be skipping most of the night shows/fireworks. I'm hoping we can see some from our resort or other places though!

I love reading everyone's plans!! Heres ours, we might change around some meals, especially once we get there and see how the kids do with table service.

Saturday 11/12-arrival day, drop off luggage at Wilderness Lodge, head to Epcot
Sunday 11/13- Hollywood studios
Monday 11/14- magic kingdom; this is a party day so maybe some resort hoping after
Tuesday 11/15-rest/Disney springs day; ohana breakfast at 11:40
Wednesday 11/16- animal kingdom chef Mickey's at 12:25 will probably reschedule
Thursday 11/17- Epcot; space220 lounge at 6:45
Friday 11/18- magic kingdom; party day Hoop de doo revue 4pm
Saturday 11/19-departure day, resort monorail loop for Christmas decorations hopefully! whispering canyon at 10:45, might switch to chef mickeys 🤔

My kids don't do well staying up late, or in crowds, so we will probably be skipping most of the night shows/fireworks. I'm hoping we can see some from our resort or other places though!
We have some overlap! We are there the exact same days but we will also be doing AK on 11/16 & We are also doing HDDR 4pm showing on 11/18! We are in Cat 1 seating. How about you guys?

We have some overlap! We are there the exact same days but we will also be doing AK on 11/16 & We are also doing HDDR 4pm showing on 11/18! We are in Cat 1 seating. How about you guys?
Same! We'll be the family with the kids that are probably losing their minds by then 😂😂😂

We’re now in the single digits! 9 days to go and it sounds like maybe I should look at breaking out some shorts (try em on and pack them). I packed all jeans and a few pairs of shorts. Lol. I don’t think I ever put my plans here but here it goes

11/4- drive stop for the night at a hotel and rest

11/5- wake up, eat and back on the road. We should arrive in Orlando this day. We’ll do a grocery run and maybe visit Disney springs

11/6- magic kingdom we have under the sea and Peter pan booked

11/7- Hollywood studios we have droid
depot for 8:40 am and smugglers run and toy story mania booked

11/8- rest day/ waterpark/Disney springs

11/9-universal

11/10- animal kingdom with Kilimanjaro safaris and na’vi river booked

11/11- rest day/water park/Disney springs

11/12- Hollywood studios mama melrosa for lunch, savis builds around 3:40 pm, some droid builds (may be dropped), and ogas cantina for 4:50 pm. Rides we have slinky dog, tower of terror and rock n rollercoaster

11/13- Epcot (I love Epcot!) we have soarin and test track booked

11/14- last day :( magic kingdom with Peter Pan and thunder mountain booked

11/15- start driving home. Stop at st. Augustine (daughters first time at the beach) drive and then stop for the night

11/16- wake up, eat and drive home

So that’s that. A full trip which my daughter said “this trip will be worth it” she originally thought we were only going 2 days. I think we’ve managed to get something everyone wants to do and a special experience for those who really want (savis and droids).

14 days out! (My ticker is acting up. It shows me 15 days) Getting so excited.

We are in South Jersey (about 20 minutes from Philly airport) and the Phillies are in the NLCS. IF they go to the World Series I will be in Disney for the last few games (if it goes past 5 games) AND IF they win I would be in Disney for the parade. AHHHHHHH! I asked DD if we could move our dates if that happens and she laughed at me. I was only half kidding. :rotfl: We always take either our Eagles or Phillies shirts when we go to Disney but this time it'll be a little bit more special if it goes our way.
Love this! I live in Oklahoma and 9 of us drove to St Louis for game 2 of the opening round! We are now looking at driving to Houston for game 6 of the WS! Fun times for us Philly sports fans! My WDW trip starts Nov 18; so I'm hoping to wear a WS Champs shirt while at the parks! :) ....and not my shirt from 2008.

Love this! I live in Oklahoma and 9 of us drove to St Louis for game 2 of the opening round! We are now looking at driving to Houston for game 6 of the WS! Fun times for us Philly sports fans! My WDW trip starts Nov 18; so I'm hoping to wear a WS Champs shirt while at the parks! :) ....and not my shirt from 2008.

That’s awesome! I entered the lottery to buy tickets but the odds are super low. Per stub hub ticket prices It’s actually cheaper to fly to Houston, buy tickets there and fly home then to buy standing room only tickets in Philly. :rotfl: But we aren’t doing that.

Isn’t it fun to see everything close? Remember months ago when this thread started and we were all like “oh November is forever from now”. Anyway here’s our plans:

11/14 -land MCO from West Coast at 4:45, hope to get to Swan quickly and then to Epcot by 7ish? Eat at F&W and then do a few rides, it’s extra hours this night.

11/15-HS morning, hop probably back to Epcot in evening. Probably more F&W for dinner

11/16-AK morning, hop possibly to MK in evening as extra hours, otherwise HS or Epcot

11/17- MK morning, then AK around 5 as we have never seen in evening. Dinner at 7:50 at Jiko at AKL.

11/18- have luggage transferred to CR. HS for morning. Check in at Contemporary. Hop somewhere in evening.

11/19- Epcot morning, yes we’re crazy, last day of F&W but we won’t be long. steakhouse 71 for lunch 1:00.

11/20-MK morning, will TRY to do Fantasmic this evening BUT since no dining packages yet, not sure.

Just us old folks so we can wander a bit and see where things take us!

I'm a weird one. So Cal native and I just can't stand the heat and especially now with global warming and how it stays warmer longer. I'm a Seattle weather guy.
Lived in Seattle 25 years, had to get out of the grey. Love the hot. To each his own!

I'm a weird one. So Cal native and I just can't stand the heat and especially now with global warming and how it stays warmer longer. I'm a Seattle weather guy.

Lived in Seattle 25 years, had to get out of the grey. Love the hot. To each his own!

I'm on Vancouver Island, just North of Seattle. I lived in the Ottawa area for 20 years before moving here. After the freezing cold winters plus the hot and humid summers that I grew up with, the weather here is pretty much perfect for me! Winter does get a bit dreary with the rain but for me, I would rather deal with rain than snow and you can't beat the temperatures here! It rarely dips below freezing and our typical winter temperature is around 10C. (50F) Summer temps are around 25-27C (77-80F) although the last two years we have had some insane heatwaves but those are not typical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter