***Official November 2022 Thread***

(Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post, by the way!)

Last night I was watching the Behind the Attraction episode about Haunted Mansion and it mentioned a Nightmare Before Christmas overlay that I do not remember ever seeing before. Is this a Halloween overlay or a Christmas overlay? Or do they leave it up for both?

I ask because the only other thing besides SWGE that my husband asked about was which park had Haunted Mansion, so it's going to be a priority for us. I hope it's not closed to add/remove the overlay while we're there (November 14)!!!! I did some searching on the internet and HM isn't listed as a Christmas overlay, but I thought I'd ask here to make sure!

Last night I was watching the Behind the Attraction episode about Haunted Mansion and it mentioned a Nightmare Before Christmas overlay that I do not remember ever seeing before. Is this a Halloween overlay or a Christmas overlay? Or do they leave it up for both?

I ask because the only other thing besides SWGE that my husband asked about was which park had Haunted Mansion, so it's going to be a priority for us. I hope it's not closed to add/remove the overlay while we're there (November 14)!!!! I did some searching on the internet and HM isn't listed as a Christmas overlay, but I thought I'd ask here to make sure!
The overlay is only at Disneyland, and they do it for Halloween and Christmas

We actually just watched the decorating Disney special on Disney+ this morning with that featured 😂
My understanding is that the nightmare before Christmas overlay is only at DL, not WDW. I'm actually a bit bummed to see all the Christmas stuff that is only available at parties vs during the day. Does anyone know if the parades or character boats (like in AK) or anything else at the parks has a little Christmas theme sprinkled in, or just the MK party hours?

I just scored Cinderellas Royal Table lunch for our first Disney day 😍 Previously I had BOG at 1:45 pm but after deliberating with DH I canceled and hit submit on CRT at 11 am!

My girls are going to be SO EXCITED to eat inside the castle! And if we can meet Cinderella my 4 year old will lose her mind!

We leave in 10 days but won't be at Disney parks until the 15th. I'm getting so anxious! Loading us all up on vitamins and praying no one gets sick it's my biggest worry right now 🙏

Realizing I have never taken the monorail from Epcot to MK!

We will be leaving Epcot after Harmonious to hop over to MK for the extended hours. So we need to get to MK but our friends need to get back to Contemporary. Will we be on two separate monorail lines? Would it make sense for us to ride with them to Contemporary and then walk over? Thanks!

Realizing I have never taken the monorail from Epcot to MK!

We will be leaving Epcot after Harmonious to hop over to MK for the extended hours. So we need to get to MK but our friends need to get back to Contemporary. Will we be on two separate monorail lines? Would it make sense for us to ride with them to Contemporary and then walk over? Thanks!
You'll all take a monorail to the TTC. At that point, your friends will hop on the resort monorail. You can pick between boats, express monorail, or resort monorail. If you'd like to hang with your friends as long as possible, go with them on resort monorail, get off at MK, and they'll take one more stop to Contemporary.

You *could* go to contemporary and walk back if you really wanted to be with them that extra 5 minutes, in exchange for a 10 minute walk back to MK.

Maybe this was posted already - sorry!!!!!

Just read that Holiday Filming will be taking place the 11th - 13th. We are usually there during this time and always keep our eyes peeled for the celebrities! Be aware of some scheduling changes.

OK,
Mon. 11/14: Animal Kingdom; Tiffins dinner (late to hopefully see a mostly empty and dark park after @7:30pm)

Tues. 11/15: Hollywood Studios; Ogas; Lightababer building @ 1:25pm. right after that go to resort to rest before PARTY; MVMCP !!!!

Wed. 11/16: Kona Cafe for breakfast (is this a stupid idea before first real MK day besides party night before? I know we will be tired); Magic Kingdom; Be our Guest lunch; Treats & Seats dessert party

Thurs. 11/17: rest day. no plans except for dinner at Story Book dining

Fri. 11/18: Epcot; dinner at Le Cellier; Harmonious

Sat. 11/19: Hollywood Studios; lunch at SciFi; Ogas @ 9:15pm because was hoping to exit to mostly empty park...now Fantastic has been announced for 9pm! We have seen Fantastic at Disneyland more than once, so really unsure to keep Ogas or do F!?

Sun. 11/20: rest 1/2 day; Epcot lunch at Space 220; dinner at San Angel Inn

Mon. 11/21: Magic Kingdom; dinner at Cinderellas Royal Table

I can't believe how close this trip is. I feel overwhelmed with packing etc.!!!!
11/15 - depending on what time you plan to arrive at MVMCP, you won't get much rest - you can get in at 4pm if you'd like
11/16 - I agree.....but my family does not prioritize breakfast. Fruit/Granola bar or some donuts in the room (grocery delivery staples for us). Like you said - TIRED! LOL if you all stay at the party until after midnight...get to bed at 1am or later....it will be a tired morning. but it will be FUN.
11/19 - I don't personally think Ogas is worth 2 trips in 5 days; but some love it. I enjoy it, but not that much.

overall looks like you did an amazing job planning this trip!

Does Disboards have a spot for dropping dining reservations? Our trip is in 11 days!!! My friend introduced me to FB iso/drop/trade pages but not having much success. Wondering if there’s a thread somewhere in here?

Omgosh the excitement is so REAL right now! My insta is being flooded with posts about MK being Christmas decorated!! Does MK have a big tree? Like a “signature” tree or something?

I swear, every day I keep rethinking my plans! I hope my family knows how much I do for them. 😆
My kids are begging to do the kitchen sink sundae at Beaches and Cream. Of course I can't get a reservation and really don't know where to fit it in anyway 🤦‍♀️
When are you going? We have 2 beaches & cream because we were originally staying at Beach Club. Now moved to AKL and not sure we will use either 😭
11/13 @ 9:30pm
11/17 @ 7:45pm
Hoping we can make one work but I don't think we can 😭

When are you going? We have 2 beaches & cream because we were originally staying at Beach Club. Now moved to AKL and not sure we will use either 😭
11/13 @ 9:30pm
11/17 @ 7:45pm
Hoping we can make one work but I don't think we can 😭
Ugh I hate changing plans! I feel like I made a first set of plans, then had to change them after I got my dining, and then actually got to think about what was happening and need to change them again🤦‍♀️ It didn't help that we didn't tell the kids until just now so when I asked their opinions I wasn't expecting them. To a)have any about restaurants and b)even know about this place 😂
We will be there the same week! I'm really hoping that one will pop up while we are there (along with the other few I'm looking at). I've never been to beach club, is it one that is walkable from Epcot? I'm thinking we could try for it on our Epcot days maybe.

Omgosh the excitement is so REAL right now! My insta is being flooded with posts about MK being Christmas decorated!! Does MK have a big tree? Like a “signature” tree or something?

There's a big beautiful tree in every park. MK has theirs up first and the rest of the parks by 11/11 or so. Maybe a day or two earlier.

Ugh I hate changing plans! I feel like I made a first set of plans, then had to change them after I got my dining, and then actually got to think about what was happening and need to change them again🤦‍♀️ It didn't help that we didn't tell the kids until just now so when I asked their opinions I wasn't expecting them. To a)have any about restaurants and b)even know about this place 😂
We will be there the same week! I'm really hoping that one will pop up while we are there (along with the other few I'm looking at). I've never been to beach club, is it one that is walkable from Epcot? I'm thinking we could try for it on our Epcot days maybe.
Our trip is about 300% different than when we first booked last September lol. Originally 3 of us staying at Art of Animation and planning to go hard in the parks the whole time with our 6½ year old... then we went and had a baby 🤣🤣 so now staying in a villa at AKL (laundry a must now!) & trying to plan breaks.
Yacht & Beach Club are right outside International Gateway in EPCOT! If you want to try and grab one of these shoot me a message and we can try to coordinate 🤞🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter