***Official November 2022 Thread***

I just read (assuming it's real news) that you can now cancel dining reservations up to 2 hours before without penalties. That's awesome - and will lead to some much better last minute options!

I think I saw the penalty policy hasnt changed yet which I found confusing.
I saw this as wel!

I read it as if your no show you get a penalty, but if you cancel now at least 2 hours prior there is no fee.

Exactly 24 hours to go. We leave noon tomorrow for our drive. We’re all packed up aside from things we’ll need tomorrow morning. Tomorrow we’ll pack the cooler and pack everything in the trunk. Tonight the kids will shower. It feels like it’s taken forever to get to this point. So many cancelled trips, so many “we’ll plan for x date” just to reschedule…we’re finally so so close. I can’t wait to pick the kids up from school tomorrow do a quick drop off of school stuff at home and then just be able to leave and FINALLY be on vacation! We all desperately need this!

Ah - just when I thought I "knew" everything. I didn't realize there was a LINK and a PAIR process for the Magic Band +. I'm now seeing the Pair button on the Magic Bands section of the app. I have never gone into the MB section on the app before, just on the website. So now I have to PAIR, correct?

I can’t believe the trip is almost here! And even crazier, we are finally going to do a trip without being over scheduled! The few dining reservations I’ve made, I’m going to cancel. We’ve always talked about doing it, and I’ve finally been able to *not* obsessively plan every minute from home. Going with the flow instead of needing to keep an eye on the clock for our next FP or meal is going to be a whole new world for us!
Enjoy! We were in Orlando for after a cruise recently and decided on a whim to just drive to Epcot, buy a day ticket and have a little Disney magic before our flight out of MCO late that night. Didn't buy Genie+ or ILL, didn't have any kind of touring plan or strategy going in, didn't have any ADRs, and had a great day. We used the "walk-up waitlist" feature in the app to eat at Le Cellier, which was a reservation we tried and failed to get at 60+ days for our upcoming Nov. trip. But we did ride Frozen, Mission Space, Soarin, Nemo, Three Caballeros and just generally enjoyed the ambiance of the park.

Was it the most productive day ever? No. We didn't go on Test Track or Remy, for example, as their wait times never dipped below 2 hours and we couldn't spend that much time in line and still make our flight. Nor did we get guardians--we could have if we were willing to pay for ILL, but I didn't feel like doing that when I knew we'd be back in a month and get another shot at the VQ. But it did show me, to my surprise, that you don't need to plan like crazy to have a fun day at Disney.

Can I ask opinions on if this is a realistic plan? My MK day is Wed 11/16 to take advantage of extended evening hours. That day, the extra 2 hours are from 11pm-1am. We’re staying at CCV. We are a family of 3 and NOT early risers on vacation. I was able to get a Topolinos breakfast for 12:10 that I would like to keep. I was thinking we would start our day at that point. Not sure if we’re ubering or figuring out Disney transport there. After Topos, make our way to MK (prob Uber unless u guys suggest an easy Disney route). So let’s guesstimate its around 2:00 by now. I would like to see the fireworks in the park at 8:15. But we just grabbed a Story Book dining for 8:45 back at our hotel. Is it ridiculous for us to leave the park right after fireworks & Uber over to WL? Will the crowds even let us do that quickly? And lets say we do, can we come back into MK after that dinner to finish off the extended evening hours from 11-1:00am? Will there be a boat at 1:00am to take us back to WL?
You will not make your dinner reservation if you stay in the park for the fireworks and try to get an uber to WL. Fireworks last about 15 minutes. Even if you watch the fireworks from the train station so you can be among the first to leave MK, it will still probably take you 5-10 minutes to walk to the express monorail or ferry to get to the TTC (where the ubers pick up), then probably add another 15-25 minutes to get to the TTC, depending how long you have to wait to for ferry/monorail to leave, then another 10/15 mins to walk to the uber pickup and find your driver, then a 15 minute drive (traffic will be heavy with everyone leaving)--I doubt if you'd be in WL before 9:15/9:30. Much faster to just take the boat from MK to WL. You will probably be a little late with that method, but still a good chance you will make it before your grace period for the ADR expires. Again though, assumes you are RIGHT at the park exit when the fireworks end and that you can walk at a good clip to the boats. If you are in the hub, you won't even make it on a boat until after 9pm.

Well, I waited too long to adjust my park days and now MK is booked up for our arrival day 🤷‍♀️
Ironically, I'm stressed and rearranging plans before we leave trying to make it so we aren't stressed and rushed and can relax more in vacation 😆 we don't want to rope drop, but I also don't love the idea of $90+ per day just for genie+ to catch the stuff we didn't get to rope drop 🤦‍♀️
I just noticed that MK is now sold out on the 16th ( our only magical kingdom day ) and most of the following week. 😵‍💫 Busy, Busy!

I just read (assuming it's real news) that you can now cancel dining reservations up to 2 hours before without penalties. That's awesome - and will lead to some much better last minute options!
Explain to me how. I have been trying for Space 220 Lounge for 2 forever. I have alerts that were gone in literally 10-15 seconds. My last ditch hope was that when the 24 hour mark came people (especially hoarders) would have to drop and we could nail a reservation 24 hours out. But now this just means people will hang onto them, and I see no way to get them then without being on my phone with a rolling refresh all day for the day we wanted to go. Am I missing something and how this is supposedly great news?

Did they offer G+ for it? Or is it just first come first serve?
No G+ as of now (that may change) and dining packages don't start for a while longer. So for now the only option is standby. While I do think it will stay nuts, its not going to stay THIS nuts.

Explain to me how. I have been trying for Space 220 Lounge for 2 forever. I have alerts that were gone in literally 10-15 seconds. My last ditch hope was that when the 24 hour mark came people (especially hoarders) would have to drop and we could nail a reservation 24 hours out. But now this just means people will hang onto them, and I see no way to get them then without being on my phone with a rolling refresh all day for the day we wanted to go. Am I missing something and how this is supposedly great news?

It doesn't matter anyway, apparently it was a glitch and cancelation is back to normal now.

I just noticed that MK is now sold out on the 16th ( our only magical kingdom day ) and most of the following week. 😵‍💫 Busy, Busy!

Most of Nov looks like it may be pretty rough crowd wise. I believe the 16th is a non-party day, so I'm not surprised MK is sold out. I also happen to have MK booked that day as well ... I guess rope drop and G+ for that day.

Can I ask opinions on if this is a realistic plan? My MK day is Wed 11/16 to take advantage of extended evening hours. That day, the extra 2 hours are from 11pm-1am. We’re staying at CCV. We are a family of 3 and NOT early risers on vacation. I was able to get a Topolinos breakfast for 12:10 that I would like to keep. I was thinking we would start our day at that point. Not sure if we’re ubering or figuring out Disney transport there. After Topos, make our way to MK (prob Uber unless u guys suggest an easy Disney route). So let’s guesstimate its around 2:00 by now. I would like to see the fireworks in the park at 8:15. But we just grabbed a Story Book dining for 8:45 back at our hotel. Is it ridiculous for us to leave the park right after fireworks & Uber over to WL? Will the crowds even let us do that quickly? And lets say we do, can we come back into MK after that dinner to finish off the extended evening hours from 11-1:00am? Will there be a boat at 1:00am to take us back to WL?
You can travel to Topolino at the Riviera by Uber or by going to MK and catching the Riviera bus. You can grab the MK bus at the Riviera bus depot after your meal.

The boat to/from WL will continue to run for the extended evening hours, so no worries about the boat. You also have the option of using the bus to/from MK/WL.

The problem is getting to/from MK and WL in time for your Storybook dining reservation. As far as I know, Uber won't work for that. Only Disney buses and Minnie vans are allowed in the MK bus depot area. The boat back to WL after fireworks would only get you to the resort in time if you were lucky enough to catch it just before it leaves the dock. I would not like those odds.

Tuesday is my arrival day and it looks WET! I’m worried about being delayed or worse canceled!!

Tuesday is my arrival day and it looks WET! I’m worried about being delayed or worse canceled!!
Ugh I am also worried about all the rain in the forecast next week. I'm from the Midwest, so unfamiliar with FL weather. Is this like the summer where it just rains for a couple hours and then you're good to go? I hope so!

Ugh I am also worried about all the rain in the forecast next week. I'm from the Midwest, so unfamiliar with FL weather. Is this like the summer where it just rains for a couple hours and then you're good to go? I hope so!
Very upset looking at weather next week. We go every November and it’s always beautiful so this is bugging me!

I’m hopeful it just quick rains, but that’s not what I’m seeing in the forecast but who knows!!
Very upset looking at weather next week. We go every November and it’s always beautiful so this is bugging me!
Agreed such a bummer

I’m hopeful it just quick rains, but that’s not what I’m seeing in the forecast but who knows!!

Agreed such a bummer
I guess one positive is if you soldier on with ponchos or raincoats the crowds might be lighter. ? Apparently there is a disorganized system in the Atlantic, not likely to become Hurricane but that may be where some of the rain is coming from? I read something on my online news feed from the NHC about it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter