***Official November 2022 Thread***

We leave SATURDAY! woo!

Has anyone used Sunshine Flyer for airport transport? I booked it a while ago, they have good reviews, but I'm having concerns...
In the past week I've gotten AT LEAST 12 confirmation emails - and none have been correct.

We did change resorts about a month ago and they made the change for us (from Beach Club to AKL Kidani)
Now my confirmations are all a mix of Beach Club, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani.
None have been correct, even when I reach out to them.

At least the latest version has us getting dropped off and picked up from Jambo, which is at least the same resort even if it's the wrong part of it! 😅

I'm trying to not stress and panic... it'll all work out in the end, right???

Not gonna lie, I'm super bummed about the weather. We leave on Wednesday. I know this is to be expected sometimes, but I can't help feeling deflated.

We're supposed to leave Saturday to head down! Driving from SE VA. Planning to leave at 4 am. I'm getting concerned about this tropical storm which currently shows to be over Charleston at 1 am Saturday. Debating leaving Friday early afternoon and stopping somewhere in GA overnight so we mostly miss driving through the actual storm. Anyone else driving Friday/Saturday??
We are driving from Ohio, leaving Thursday, but stopping just north of Atlanta that night. So then Friday we will be driving from Atlanta to Disney, I'm starting to get nervous about that as well! I'm going to check out that website and also just cross my fingers, there's still time 🤞🤞🤞

Well how long are you there? Looks like it will be done by Saturday. Pack rain gear, might dampen crowds?
We are only in the parks until Sunday, then get on the Wish on Monday. Hopefully this means cruise will be ok ...

We are here now and loving it, the magic is in full swing!! However, this storm/hurricane news has me a little panicked. We have tix for MVMCP on Thursday night! What are the odds that it will still happen? 🙏🏼

We are here now and loving it, the magic is in full swing!! However, this storm/hurricane news has me a little panicked. We have tix for MVMCP on Thursday night! What are the odds that it will still happen? 🙏🏼

Impossible to know. The maps show a really wide path at this point for Thursday. Each day will get closer to how accurate.

Enjoy your time -- many of us may not get there at all. I have tickets for Thursday too, but not even sure we'll be able to get there.

We just bought travel insurance for our trip that begins Sunday. We never buy insurance for domestic travel but with the uncertainty of the hurricane (which as of now doesn’t look too bad) - guess it is better to be safe than sorry. I really feel for you guys who are there this week. 😕

We just bought travel insurance for our trip that begins Sunday. We never buy insurance for domestic travel but with the uncertainty of the hurricane (which as of now doesn’t look too bad) - guess it is better to be safe than sorry. I really feel for you guys who are there this week. 😕

I would love to know where you are seeing that the storm doesn't look too bad!?

We are supposed to fly down on Thursday and we can't imagine a scenario where that takes place.

I'm on hold with WDW to see what our options might be (either push the trip one day forward or reschedule for next month). Wait time is at least 30 minutes so they seem busy.

I would love to know where you are seeing that the storm doesn't look too bad!?

We are supposed to fly down on Thursday and we can't imagine a scenario where that takes place.

I'm on hold with WDW to see what our options might be (either push the trip one day forward or reschedule for next month). Wait time is at least 30 minutes so they seem busy.

Just using the fact that as of now it’s “only” a Category 1 and could downgrade again, and Orlando is more inland. Trying to be optimistic.

So we’re here now, today will be day 3 for park days. It is BUSY! The only thing saving us from the long lines is having the DAS. It’s also rained but not pouring and it’s been in short spurts.

So far the best souvenir for everyone has been building droids at the droid depot. The problem is if you use the r legs on the c body you have to keep the gray bottom on the body and that pops off WAY to easy. So when we go back to Hollywood studios I plan to build another droid (but try to change the parts out among both). We have 4 droids right now and they did chatter together but not constantly.

Magic bands come off way to easily. My son lost 2 magicbands and my sister lost one.

I’ve been very sleep deprived the past few days so I can’t say if magic is still there.

Last edited:
Fly out tonight. Trying to stay positive. Tomorrow is our only Disney park day. Now I have to decide if Genie+ is worth it to buy. Rain/wind looks to be coming in heavier mid-day and we also have DAS. Only doing Epcot and HS and if it's bad, we can hang at Swan. IDK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would anyone know..........

Thursday we check out of Swan and have to transfer to Universal. Think we will be able to travel on the roads???

Fly out tonight. Trying to stay positive. Tomorrow is our only Disney park day. Now I have to decide if Genie+ is worth it to buy. Rain/wind looks to be coming in heavier mid-day and we also have DAS. Only doing Epcot and HS and if it's bad, we can hang at Swan. IDK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would anyone know..........

Thursday we check out of Swan and have to transfer to Universal. Think we will be able to travel on the roads???
I’m getting genie tomorrow, May turn in to our only Disney day if they close Thursday, I think later in the day the roads may be ok Thursday early in the AM im
Not sure, looks like worst of it is wed night to mid day Thursday but I could be wrong. Monitor and wait and see

I’m getting genie tomorrow, May turn in to our only Disney day if they close Thursday, I think later in the day the roads may be ok Thursday early in the AM im
Not sure, looks like worst of it is wed night to mid day Thursday but I could be wrong. Monitor and wait and see
that's what i'm thinking about thursday. hoping for a late check out!

We leave SATURDAY! woo!

Has anyone used Sunshine Flyer for airport transport? I booked it a while ago, they have good reviews, but I'm having concerns...
In the past week I've gotten AT LEAST 12 confirmation emails - and none have been correct.

We did change resorts about a month ago and they made the change for us (from Beach Club to AKL Kidani)

At least the latest version has us getting dropped off and picked up from Jambo, which is at least the same resort even if it's the wrong part of it! 😅

I have not used Sunshine Flyer YET, but on Saturday, I got a confirmation email with a receipt saying I had booked 14 adults and 8 children tickets :scared:

But then the actual Ticket QR codes were correct, so hopefully just a weird fluke....

We leave SATURDAY! woo!

I used sunshine flyer this past sunday. No problems getting to resort at all. We got on bus after maybe a 5 minute wait and were on our way a few minutes later. Bus was only about 1/4 full. They made a few stops with my hotel being the last. I was on the bus total about 40 min. The driver was great. I’m hoping the trip back to mco is just as smooth.

Some more tweaks: my kids want to do the resort scavenger hunt if there is one

11/26: Drive down to WDW and check into VGF; QS for dinner and wander around
11/27: Lazy breakfast, resort scavenger hunt, AKL for some shopping & lunch; Grand Floridian cafe for dinner
11/28: AK and will probably park hop to MK for a QS dinner or dessert so we can see the castle
11/29: MK with Crystal Palace for a late lunch; have relaxing evening at the resort
11/30: Check out of VGF; late breakfast at O'hana for my :stitch2: loving kids; DS for some shopping; check into BWV; Night of a Million Lights for GKTW;
12/1: HS; Hoop Dee Do Revue for dinner (our first time!)
12/2: Epcot with Via Napoli for lunch.
12/3: check out of BWV and drive home 😢

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter