***Official November 2022 Thread***

Have to believe the airport will be open by Saturday. Question really becomes if your airline has the right equipment and crew to fly all the flights. I would *think* Saturday things should be back in order, but presuming Thursday and Friday are toast (we fly Thursday). We are kind of considering just sliding our trip out a day, but honestly don't know if we'll have an available flight on Friday either (so my preference is move it to December). Just looking at a Delta flight earlier today for Friday and there were very few seats. For us, we've got 6 adults going, so we haven't even agree to a "plan B" yet because 1 person is being stubborn about the storm changing, etc. Apparently they've been working and not obsessing with the Weather Channel like us 24/7! LOL

Oh no! We are not flying out until the 12th but now I am really worried!

https://twitter.com/MCO?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1590072438758338560|twgr^7a1ca61baaef01dc042eb7c760c36279b24d88b3|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://blogmickey.com/2022/11/orlando-international-airport-mco-closing-due-to-tropical-storm-nicole/
Orlando International Airport
@MCO
·
Follow

Operational Update – Tropical Storm Nicole Together with our partners, a decision has been made to cease commercial operations at 4:00pm on Wednesday, November 9th, until circumstances permit operations resume.
Friends are supposed to fly in Thursday afternoon 😬
If they have to cancel, does anyone know if Disney is waving cancellation fees?

Impossible to know. The maps show a really wide path at this point for Thursday. Each day will get closer to how accurate.

Enjoy your time -- many of us may not get there at all. I have tickets for Thursday too, but not even sure we'll be able to get there.
Impossible to know. The maps show a really wide path at this point for Thursday. Each day will get closer to how accurate.

Enjoy your time -- many of us may not get there at all. I have tickets for Thursday too, but not even sure we'll be able to get there.

Oh man, I hope you guys are able to make it and this storm ends up being majorly downgraded!! 🙏🏼 Sending you good thoughts!

We are supposed to fly in Friday evening 🙏 Hopefully it downgrades as it get closer or hits land!!! Trying to think positive thoughts for everyone

We are supposed to fly in Friday evening 🙏 Hopefully it downgrades as it get closer or hits land!!! Trying to think positive thoughts for everyone
Do you mind if I ask which airline? I ask because our Thursday flights were canceled (Delta) and I looked earlier this evening at Friday Delta flights and they weren’t showing any.

We’re just torn between trying to salvage this weekend and moving out a month.

Do you mind if I ask which airline? I ask because our Thursday flights were canceled (Delta) and I looked earlier this evening at Friday Delta flights and they weren’t showing any.

We’re just torn between trying to salvage this weekend and moving out a month.
We are flying American Airlines

Really hoping for the best. This trip has been a year in the making. A 20th anniversary trip and a first time trip for my little boys. 🤞

It’s raining pretty good all day. Not thunderstorming but raining. Universal closed down early, leaving me with one very sad child who didn’t get their wand. It was our only universal day for my two kids who will probably never see universal again (at least as kids). I’m wondering if there’s something remotely similar to a wand ceremony/ wand choosing you outside the parks? Or anything special that she could do at Disney last min? Is the boutique open in dis springs yet?

It’s raining pretty good all day. Not thunderstorming but raining. Universal closed down early, leaving me with one very sad child who didn’t get their wand. It was our only universal day for my two kids who will probably never see universal again (at least as kids). I’m wondering if there’s something remotely similar to a wand ceremony/ wand choosing you outside the parks? Or anything special that she could do at Disney last min? Is the boutique open in dis springs yet?
You didn't necessarily miss out on a personal wand choosing as they only choose one person out of the dozens in the room. We've done the wand ceremony show probably about 5 or 6 times and our kids were never the ones chosen. We noticed they tend to choose tween age and up or adults (our kids are 10 and under).

In terms of Disney the closest type of thing I can think is Savi's. It's really well done but of course quite expensive. For a younger child (not sure your kid's age) I recommend the plastic lightsaber activity at the gift shop outside of Star Tours. It's a personalized activity but a lot cheaper and the toy is a lot more useable for everyday play. Also you could do the droid build.

You didn't necessarily miss out on a personal wand choosing as they only choose one person out of the dozens in the room. We've done the wand ceremony show probably about 5 or 6 times and our kids were never the ones chosen. We noticed they tend to choose tween age and up or adults (our kids are 10 and under).

In terms of Disney the closest type of thing I can think is Savi's. It's really well done but of course quite expensive. For a younger child (not sure your kid's age) I recommend the plastic lightsaber activity at the gift shop outside of Star Tours. It's a personalized activity but a lot cheaper and the toy is a lot more useable for everyday play. Also you could do the droid build.
Thanks. We went through the ceremony a few times and she always chose younger kids. My daughter is 8 so it seemed like she was to old. She wanted the wand to choose her but I think she would have been ok picking a wand. The smaller wand shop though didn’t have much. We made it over to the studios side and we didn’t make it into the larger shop before they closed down the park. We got off gringotts and was pushed to the front. We’re currently trying to rearrange our plans. My daughter desperately wants to go back for a wand.

Current options would be try to go to studios today should they reopen, or miss animal kingdom on Sunday and do universal studios. Sucks since we haven’t been able to see avatar land or any of the new things in animal kingdom. I unfortunately can’t get another savis reservation for her and I can’t afford another $250. I might be able to do another droid build…idk if she’d like the play sabers. My son decided he’s ok not getting a wand and instead having the money put towards a legacy saber hilt. He also said it could be bought at the trading post in springs instead of docs (even though docs is super cool).

I will say this trip doesn’t feel as magical as our other trips. Idk if it’s the crowds or the fatigue or what. I’m surprised how unbending the cast members seem to be. I usually can see one cast member that’s gone above and beyond in some capacity but I haven’t come across that yet. There’s some time left so hopefully I’ll start seeing some magic soon.

Thanks. We went through the ceremony a few times and she always chose younger kids. My daughter is 8 so it seemed like she was to old. She wanted the wand to choose her but I think she would have been ok picking a wand. The smaller wand shop though didn’t have much. We made it over to the studios side and we didn’t make it into the larger shop before they closed down the park. We got off gringotts and was pushed to the front. We’re currently trying to rearrange our plans. My daughter desperately wants to go back for a wand.

Current options would be try to go to studios today should they reopen, or miss animal kingdom on Sunday and do universal studios. Sucks since we haven’t been able to see avatar land or any of the new things in animal kingdom. I unfortunately can’t get another savis reservation for her and I can’t afford another $250. I might be able to do another droid build…idk if she’d like the play sabers. My son decided he’s ok not getting a wand and instead having the money put towards a legacy saber hilt. He also said it could be bought at the trading post in springs instead of docs (even though docs is super cool).

I will say this trip doesn’t feel as magical as our other trips. Idk if it’s the crowds or the fatigue or what. I’m surprised how unbending the cast members seem to be. I usually can see one cast member that’s gone above and beyond in some capacity but I haven’t come across that yet. There’s some time left so hopefully I’ll start seeing some magic soon.
Funny how that is with you only seeing younger kids picked and me only older--I guess it really is just random.

Sorry to hear about the service. I will say I notice that the crowd levels and cast member "magic" definitely are related--I'm sure they are just exhausted this week with the crowds, and on top of that probably stressed about the hurricane impact (especially for those with homes and/or kids to worry about).

If I were you, I would definitely not skip Pandora in AK if you haven't been there before. Flight of Passage is not to be missed! But it something you can do in half a day so maybe you could do both that and universal on Sunday?

Any insight on when we will start seeing holiday themed refillable mugs for use at the resorts?

Funny how that is with you only seeing younger kids picked and me only older--I guess it really is just random.

Sorry to hear about the service. I will say I notice that the crowd levels and cast member "magic" definitely are related--I'm sure they are just exhausted this week with the crowds, and on top of that probably stressed about the hurricane impact (especially for those with homes and/or kids to worry about).

If I were you, I would definitely not skip Pandora in AK if you haven't been there before. Flight of Passage is not to be missed! But it something you can do in half a day so maybe you could do both that and universal on Sunday?
I certainly do feel like with busier parks the cast members are a little less personable. Im not holding it against them since I know it’s a difficult job all around. With the hurricane it does seem morale is a lot heavier overall.

I hope I get some magic when we go back to droid depot. I plan to build another droid and just change out the elegant on my c body for c legs and build a full r droid (I’m hoping they’ll allow me to switch the parts around) my daughter just wants to get c legs for hers (so maybe they’ll allow me to purchase just that part).

I’ll see what we can do for animal kingdom/universal. It’s hard when you only have so many days to do things.

Feeling a bit meh about this trip as well.

The weather is absolutely out of everyone’s control but it just sucks when you plan these once in a decade trips and get the worst luck! Certainly feeling like Disney could really care less about making things magical + ontop of it our RC cruise as delayed by a day so we had to scramble to find a room for tonight. All the cast members I spoke to (reservations, front desk) were very unhelpful. As was Royal Caribbean. No one wants to step up or go above and beyond anymore.

Trying to remind myself that we are fortunate enough to even be here. WDW is a luxury and we would be silly to not make the most of it but today is a bluesy kinda day!

Heading to Disney Caribbean for the first time though so that’s fun. And we did get to ride the rides we wanted. The weather just really dampened our Epcot Food and Wine plans, and Hollywood Studios just was hectic trying to get things in before the closure. We did get a great AK and MK day in though. And I thought Genie+ was great.

Apologies for the ramble! Just needed to vent I suppose. This trip just felt stressful from the getgo and like we are really pushing to feel the magic instead of it being easy. It won’t be our last trip ever but going to think about how to manage expectations next time. And find a better time of year to visit! Been in February and it was colder than back home in Canada, and now November with the tropical storms.

Hoping for news on the Guardians Cosmic Rewind holiday layover! I think there was speculation that it would happen today. I wouldn’t be devastated if it didn’t happen during my trip, but I was hoping to be here during the switch!!

Either way, I was pleasantly shocked that it lived up to the crazy amount of hype that I’d read!! What a great ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter