***OFFICIAL*** October 2011 - Updated 10/08/11

Just got back from DF and my first trip to Disney! As much as I prefer the cooler weather up north here, I can feel myself slowly slipping into depression! It was the most wonderful week at AKL. I also can't believe how much we spent in food alone.. oy.

I took some users suggestions and we tried the Kona Cafe for breakfast. Holy cow! That french toast was amazing!

Also, I don't think the crowds were really all that bad until Saturday/Sunday. Everything was pretty mild and the fast pass helped out a lot. MNSSHP was worth every penny as well. I've never had so much fun in my life! We felt like kids again trick or treating. Not to mention, I am NOT a ride person but must have gone on BTMR 5 times.. :rotfl:

We are already planning our next trip! I hope everyone enjoys their trip!

Leaving tomorrow. If our plane can land in one piece, turbulence & ice, and we survive a one day monsoon, the rest of our stay looks beautiful. Was hoping to go to WWoHP tomorrow but it will have to wait until Wed. due to the storms.

sorry to hear your day is horrible it can only get better.

Hurray I can't waity to meet you either.
Not horrible, just aggravating....everyone pulling me in ten separate directions. I just want to see my desk cleared off and the audit completed before I leave tomorrow afternoon (and, yes, I am going to do my best to escape early).

i always bake banana bread and blueberry muffins for the plane ride, it is a lot cheaper then eatting breakfast at the airport. Plus they are great when you have the munchies from boredom. :rotfl:
Like Lisa said: that is an awesome idea!!!! I made pumpkin cookies with Quinn on Saturday. I looooved the way the house smelled! :) Hmm...this gives me food for thought (quite literally). Like Terri said, my last business trip I ate in the airport and paid for it later. Yuck!

I totally understand that. no matter how well we plan, something always happens. I totally delegated tonight's school event, so of course I was the one buying juice and paper plates in between work and baseball practice. Because, you know, if we don't do it, no one else will.

I need a countdown timer that counts hours. I keep looking at the 3 days and expecting it to change. :rotfl2:
I know what you mean, Terri!!! LOL I tried to delegate turning in Amy's money from the sub sale......sooo didn't work out the way I planned. :rotfl: I ended up having to go and turn everything in myself (Amy and hubby couldn't work things out together, I guess. lol).

OK....off to get some credit applications processed. Lets hope I get these answers before end of business today.

i always bake banana bread and blueberry muffins for the plane ride, it is a lot cheaper then eatting breakfast at the airport. Plus they are great when you have the munchies from boredom. :rotfl:

Yay, Susan, your post was at the top of this page and there was a big CONGRATULATIONS in your ticker!!! Have a GREAT TIME!!!!! Hopefully I'll see you at the meet on Monday!!! :thumbsup2

Good morning all!! 5 days to go!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: I have to get caught up with other things before I have a chance to sit down here, but I wanted to check in and say hi!

12 days!!! We're having a surprise 50th birthday party the day before for my MIL so I'm sure we're going to have TONS of food leftover. I'm going to pack some up to have for snacks on the plane & when we land. Our first ADR is for 4:20 that evening in MK :cool1:

I have all of our clothes ready and near the suitcases (not packing yet though!) I'm currently printing & laminating tickets, invites & other fun stuff for DS.

So since my last post, I have discovered

- there's water coming thru my basement ceiling (drain pipe off tub)
- the hot water heater has a burnt out element
- Kids Nite Out is booked full for Saturday

And I spent 4 hours today in Workplace Respect training, ready to tear my hair out.

I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 40 hours. I really don't know how I'm going to sleep before then.

Oh, no, Terri! Well, I hope this is the end of Murphy's law for your week. Come on Disney!

So since my last post, I have discovered

- there's water coming thru my basement ceiling (drain pipe off tub)
- the hot water heater has a burnt out element
- Kids Nite Out is booked full for Saturday

And I spent 4 hours today in Workplace Respect training, ready to tear my hair out.

I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 40 hours. I really don't know how I'm going to sleep before then.

:scared1::scared1: Come on Disney!!!!

I'm actually sitting in an Onboarding training right now ready to tear my hair out. Luckily it's online so I can hop off now and then. At 2PM I have to lead a new hire orientation. Good times.

Well, it looked like a slow day on this board so I thought I'd pep it up! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

4 days!!!!

Online check-in tomorrow! Oh boy! Everyone around here is getting sick... I went to the store last night and stocked up on Vitamin C & orange juice. I'm taking every precaution! The weather here is rainy & cold... making WDW look better every single day :cool1:

DD and I have been taking Airborne since Sunday trying to rid our colds, not saying it helped, but didn't hurt. I "sneak" packed while she was taking a bubble bath last night. I can't believe I've kept this from her for so long. Weather here stinks...constant rain, grey skies. Typical March in Ohio weather, except it's October! I finally figured out how to surprise her. She's been wanting a new camera (so have I) I got a new Canon Elph 310 and I'm giving it to her as an "early" present on Saturday am when she gets up and tell her it's ours to share. Then I'm telling her we have to take Daddy to a Dr. appt in Canton (near airport) when we get close, I have an envelope to pull out and give to her as an additional "early birthday present" It says:

Here’s a little something else for your early birthday....

Do you remember when we said we’d like to take you to Chicago and go the Aquarium and the American girl store?

Well...

Sorry, and we hope you’re not sore...

Because we’d like to see something more...

A place with mice, and lots to explore!

Can you guess?

Do you know?

It’s off to Disney World, we go!

She will freak out...no doubt. She's been begging and she would never guess we're actually doing it.

She will freak out...no doubt. She's been begging and she would never guess we're actually doing it.

LOVE your idea! I have made a slideshow to tell DS... I had to record myself talking on it to tell him the good news (he can't read yet) and I could barely do it without crying... there's no way I'd be able to just straight out say it that morning so I'm glad I have the slideshow thing to play for him.

I'm also going to have a giant box wrapped up with balloons inside and his "my first plane ride" shirt, a Nightmare before Christmas stuffed toy, his pirate costume for that night, trick or treat bag, Test Track driver's license, ticket to Disney & a few other goodies.

DD (who isn't going along) is also getting a box with a princess balloon, an Alice doll, snow white shoes & a trick or treat bag.

We've been having DS fill out a sticker chart this month. Everyday that he's good, he gets to put a sticker on the day. I told him if he fills the whole thing, he'll get a big surprise at the end of the month. He's hoping it's a Batman castle :confused3 lol... I'm going to make sure to take him out the night before and wish upon a star that we could go to Disney again. :cloud9:

Well, my maintenance company still hasn't found the leak and there are holes all over my basement ceiling and bathroom wall. But that's their problem, not mine. That's why I pay them.

Anyway, i'm packed (all but the toiletries) and everything is made for DS's birthday party. We leave the house at 8:00 this morning. I'm up putting my Touring Plans into Evernote.

Hope everyone has a great time! See you there!:yay:

We are leaving tomorrow for an overnight sleep in Syracuse NY. Leaving Saturday morning for WDW.

I'd like to thank all the DIS'ers for all the information/suggestions. We are looking forward to our first stay onsite. They twins know about the vacation, the only thing they don't know, is that we are picking them up at noon hour tomorrow at school (they think they have a full day at school ;))

Checked the weather forecast for next week, and it looks really good. We will be doing MNSSHP on Sunday and will be meeting my parents for a day at Epcot on Monday. I'm officially on holidays now (DW also) and I don't go back to work until next month :cool1:

We leave tomorrow bright and early 6:45am flight. We should be eating breakfast in Cracker Barrel by 11am before checking into POFQ! :rotfl: I can't believe it is here! Seems like we booked this trip so long ago! Did a lot of cleaning today so the house is nice for the in laws who are watching the dog for us. Going to eat dinner and then pack (we are last minute packers!), not sure I will get any sleep tonight! :)

We leave tomorrow bright and early 6:45am flight. We should be eating breakfast in Cracker Barrel by 11am before checking into POFQ! :rotfl: I can't believe it is here! Seems like we booked this trip so long ago! Did a lot of cleaning today so the house is nice for the in laws who are watching the dog for us. Going to eat dinner and then pack (we are last minute packers!), not sure I will get any sleep tonight! :)

Have fun!

4 more sleeps :cool1:
Anyone knOw what the current bounceback offer is?

We are one week away from being up in the air *NERVOUS!!!* The weather watch is on and what do ya know... accuweather is showing all rain... haha! They did the same thing for our last vacation and it didn't rain at all while we were there! I know better than to believe it but I still can't help myself from looking!

We are one week away from being up in the air *NERVOUS!!!* The weather watch is on and what do ya know... accuweather is showing all rain... haha! They did the same thing for our last vacation and it didn't rain at all while we were there! I know better than to believe it but I still can't help myself from looking!

We leave Wednesday and there is rain showing for a few of our days too...including both mnSSHP days we were considering. Hopefully it is wrong!

Hi DIS'ers!
Still looking for a group of 2 to share an Illumination's Cruise on Wed Oct 26.

The Illuminations Cruise is on a 25' Tracker Pontoon that holds up to 10 guests for $346.13 (+ tip) which includes boat, driver, assorted bag snacks, and assorted soft drinks. The cost is $40 per person (assuming we have a filled boat of 10) which includes the cruise and tip for the boat driver.
Illuminations are set for 9p that night so we would meet at the Yacht & Beach Club marina at 8p, finalize payment, meet with our driver, and take off for the fabulous show!

I need to know within the next 24 hours (let's say by 7p Eastern time on Monday) Please message me if interested or have any questions (I'm in the world now so not following posts to threads)

Thanks!

Got back on Saturday, but haven't had a chance to get on the boards until then.

We went to Epcot for F&W on Saturday at about 2. Lines looked really long, but we were there for the festival, so we stood in line. Guess what? They moved really fast. Lines that looked like 45 minutes lasted only 15. So don't freak out if the lines are long!
We hit Mexico, France and several places in between. Oh, and Cheese - my daughter's favorite food! Loved the excargot in France, served in these cute little brioche.

I signed us up for a lot of culinary demos, but we only went to a couple. We hit Discovery of Chocolate, which was wonderful, Lee Lucier (Robert Irvine's head chef), and Robert Irvine himself. He was a riot.

Weather was humid through Wednesday; Thursday through Saturday the weather was perfect!

Had a great time! Anyone have any questions, please ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter