*** Official OCTOBER 2019 Group - Boo To You! ***

We’ll be there from October 5th - 12th at AKL. First time attending the MNSSHP and can’t wait!

I'll be in AKL Sept 28-Oct 6. Going to MNSSHP on Oct 1st. First time going to the party and first time staying somewhere other than OKW. Looking forward to the savannah view for the kids.

We will be there Sept 27 to Oct 5th! Staying at yacht club, the kids have no idea! We will already be in Florida for my dads birthday and they will think we are on our way to the airport and surprise! We are going to disney world !

:tink:Welcome! You've all been added to the roll call!

Ok so im bummed out , it looks like sleepy hallow is not happing this year due to the construction at the fort. So thats 2 things i wanted to do and can not!

just booked oct 26 - nov 2 at SSR for dad's birthday. went last year for halloween and loved it - hoping for a repeat of the wonderful weather!

We will be there Oct 12th-16th at Pop Century for my birthday! Doing MNSSHP on 10-14 or 10-15.

Last edited:

My daughter and I have been discussing costuming. Sticking with Disney-themed costumes, we may be dressing as characters dressed as cast members. Not sure on that though, it might be too hard to bring together. Once I can envision it we can make anything, the vision isn't quite there yet though.

Last edited:
My daughter and I are officially book for a short trip and staying at POFQ, October 17-21. We'll only be doing one park day at AK and MNSSHP.

I am hoping to coordinate MNSSHP costumes but right now she is set on being Sally and not sure I want to be Jack, Zero or one of the villains... I might Disney Bound as Dory instead.

So excited...we are booked for Oct 5-11. Going to MNSSHP on Oct 8. This will be the 2nd time doing MNSSHP. The first time was in 2010 so i don't remember much about it. We are doing a pirate themed costume. My son really wants to go to the Pirates League to have is face painted like a skeleton ( https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/magic-kingdom/pirates-league/) I wish i could pull off the mermaid face but i'm afraid i'll look more like a troll, HAHA!

We have decided on costumes for MNSSHP. 4 adults and 2 teens. Disney Villans: Me - Cruella, Dh Jafar, my mom Evil queen, Dd Ursula, gd Red queen, gd malificent. They will be cool, comfy diy costumes with added accessories.

Last edited:
My daughter and I are officially book for a short trip and staying at POFQ, October 17-21. We'll only be doing one park day at AK and MNSSHP.

I am hoping to coordinate MNSSHP costumes but right now she is set on being Sally and not sure I want to be Jack, Zero or one of the villains... I might Disney Bound as Dory instead.

You've been added in to the Roll Call :goofy:

I wish i could pull off the mermaid face but i'm afraid i'll look more like a troll, HAHA!
My granddaughters did the mermaid make overs a few years ago and it was beautiful, glittery make-up and I think a flower in their hair. Go for it! I would if we were doing a pirate theme.

My daughter did the Mermaid Package (Pirate's League) this last August and I watched them super closely, and it's super easy (and I am not makeup artist :sad2:)! She wanted scales for her Halloween dragon costume, same effect. You get a white/shimmery white base (NYX SFX Creme Colour) and put it on the upper cheekbones framing around the eye/above the eye, get a fishnet hair net and pull it over the upper face, then dab on some shiny aqua, green purple eye shadow (blend it, it looks cool). Then carefully lift the hairnet off - walla scales! NYX also makes some glitter that you could dab on the corners for some extra sparkle. I also bought the spray to set it. Practice it once or twice and you'll be surprised how easy it is. The Pirate's League experience is also fun though too.

How is everyone doing getting ready for dining reservations to open up?

I've got 3 places we'd like to eat over the week, sticking to F&W kiosks and resort/dvc kitchen dining for most of the rest. I'm still not sure which parks we will be in on which days as Disney has yet to release the park hours for October.

I've got 3 places we'd like to eat over the week, sticking to F&W kiosks and resort/dvc kitchen dining for most of the rest. I'm still not sure which parks we will be in on which days as Disney has yet to release the park hours for October.

Been checking every day as my 180 day approaches and am scared by how broke everything has been.

I am staying 9/28-10/4, so I made my ADRs on Monday. We're on Deluxe and I had to make 15 reservations. It was terrible and I hope it goes better for you all! It took me until almost 11am EST to get most of what I wanted because the website was so awful. Storybook Dining, Garden Grill breakfast, Le Cellier, and Sci-fi for some unknown reason (something tied to SW:GE maybe??) were completely unavailable for 7 days. I am hoping Garden Grill opens up with the Eat to the Beat packages.

The good news is while the website is slow as heck, availability is there for lots of places. We got the other hard to get places like Ohana dinner, Cinderella breakfast, BOG dinner, a few PPO breakfasts, Fantasmic & Festival of Fantasy packages, etc.

I am staying 9/28-10/4, so I made my ADRs on Monday. We're on Deluxe and I had to make 15 reservations. It was terrible and I hope it goes better for you all! It took me until almost 11am EST to get most of what I wanted because the website was so awful. Storybook Dining, Garden Grill breakfast, Le Cellier, and Sci-fi for some unknown reason (something tied to SW:GE maybe??) were completely unavailable for 7 days. I am hoping Garden Grill opens up with the Eat to the Beat packages.

The good news is while the website is slow as heck, availability is there for lots of places. We got the other hard to get places like Ohana dinner, Cinderella breakfast, BOG dinner, a few PPO breakfasts, Fantasmic & Festival of Fantasy packages, etc.
We're going to be there the same time and making ADRs was a trying process. I kept getting error messages when trying to confirm the ADRs. We got them done and although we didn't get Storybook dining, we did manage to get a GG and BOG PPO. Good luck everyone starting your ADRs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter