Official October 2020 Thread!

Let us know what ends up happening. We're in the same boat, but we rented points from an individual.

We rented as well and it is the only thing keeping me from cancelling this trip. I am fine with no parades, characters fireworks and wearing a mask, but no park hopping would be enough for me to cancel if I didn't have a non-refundable room reservation.
I also feel for people with room reservations but no tickets. I understand the need to limit capacity but if you have a reservation you should be able to at least try to be able to make a park reservation.
Not that it will matter because there is no way the servers will be able to handle this on Monday morning.

I’m enjoying imagining we will get to go. I’ll try to book MK on Monday for our one planned park day. I still fully expect COVID-19 will spike again in September and my trip will be cancelled. Oh well, planning is 1/2 the fun

I am really looking forward to my postponed October trip. Yes, it is a bit shorter than I would have liked but I think the weather will be comfortable, great for sitting outside for a drink, I can combine UOR and HHNs .... lots of positives.

No email yet from Disney in regards to October reservations. I have a package with 7 days park tickets.....

Well, after three cancelled trips and lots of back and forth, I think I’m back in for October 😅 This will be a birthday trip and I’m hoping for several HS days. We stay in Crescent Lake and usually end days at Epcot for dinner, it will be weird not to park hop, but if this trip happens I will just be glad and grateful 😄 Hoping for good booking results on Monday.
Good luck everyone! pixiedust:

Booked 10 days of park reservations today for my late October/early November trip. I only have a 9 day ticket right now (MNSSHP was supposed to be my 10th day). My hopes is that park hopper will return at some point and maybe we get character greetings back at some point. We are still on the fence on going or rescheduling. It will be my 4 and 6 year old's first trip, but we are new DVC members so we will be going back every other year, so maybe we will just go even without those things (fireworks, parades, and character interaction) and my daughters can experience them in 2022. Quite a conundrum indeed.

What if i choose
Booked 10 days of park reservations today for my late October/early November trip. I only have a 9 day ticket right now (MNSSHP was supposed to be my 10th day). My hopes is that park hopper will return at some point and maybe we get character greetings back at some point. We are still on the fence on going or rescheduling. It will be my 4 and 6 year old's first trip, but we are new DVC members so we will be going back every other year, so maybe we will just go even without those things (fireworks, parades, and character interaction) and my daughters can experience them in 2022. Quite a conundrum indeed.
I dont know what I would do there is something special about your first trip. When they are young there is so much magic. Good thing you have till September to see how things change.

So today’s park reservation making was a success after a rocky start. I booked HS on 10/6, AK on 10/7 and MK on 10/8. :) Now that we know Pop will be open this trip is looking good. My only issue is it will be my in-laws first and probably only time to see Pandora and since AK closes at 6 the will miss the night glowing stuff. Hoping park hours might get extended by then.

How did everyone do?
We are going October 20-25th. We currently have 3 day tickets. I was able to book MK for the 22nd, HS the 23rd and AK the 24th. We are hoping to add a 4th day to our ticket when it becomes possible and do Epcot the 25th before flying home, but have to wait until I can add the ticket.

We are going Oct 25th - 30th. I waited until yesterday afternoon to make park reservations and I was able to make reservations for the parks that I wanted for every day of our trip. :)

I hope they allow park hopping by October since we are staying at the Beach Club and love being able to walk into Epcot everyday. :)

I was able to get what we wanted :) I swapped MK and AK days when I couldn’t book my AK day (I assume that AK wasn’t truly booked out though and it was just a website glitch). I’m hoping that lines are low to make up for no FPs, and of course park hopping would be nice too so we can get dinner at Epcot if nothing else.

I was able to get what I wanted for 6 park days over Oct 6-13 (at OKW).

Now, I just have to figure out if I'm really going to go! I'm going on October on DVC points, so I have until Sept 30 to cancel and bank my points to next year. That gives me some time to see how things go in the parks, and if I'm able to get any reservations for things like Droid Depot (my daughters have been saving up for over a year to make droids).

My family has been fairly frequently, and we were hoping to go in 2021 as well, so we're okay with reduced hours and experiences. We just want to go back after not being in WDW for over 2 years, but it has to be safe and have enough to justify the money.

Last edited:
We got the parks we wanted for each day after the initial craziness of the morning website issues. The system is actually really easy once you have the right access to it. I also had good luck calling to modify my ASMo reservation to Pop, and saved $143 to boot! I’m a happy camper... I know there are many people that aren’t and I’m sad for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter