***Official October 2022 Thread**

Y’all, I think the parks are going to be packed, at least if resort availability is anything to go by. I’m glad we booked our room months ago instead of waiting for discounts because I don’t think there will be any from late Fall through the holidays, they don’t need to discount after September if the resorts are fully booked already. We’re only staying two nights at YC and there is no availability for our dates anymore, or next door at Beach Club either.

74 days to go!
I don’t think there will be any from late Fall through the holidays
It’s looking like that may be the case. DVC is over 99% booked for 2022. Very little left for cash rooms. Expedia and the like have more options but not much discount, if any.

Guess we can hope the reservation system keeps crowds manageable and park hours expand when necessary. They keep saying how guest experience needs to be protected and price increases are to help tame crazy demand. Just blowing smoke? Or will we see a real improvement? Interested how the parties go… that may be the first tip off to whether or not they are willing and capable.

this morning was ADR day and I got everything I wanted except for Yak & Yeti but I have some notifications set up through a paid site so *fingers crossed* something comes up...if not we'll try to stop by early and see if we can get our names on the list - there's only 2 of us!!

We also booked the African Trek in AK for the first time and super excited about that one - DH doesn't even know we're going to do it!! :jumping1::jumping1:

Our ADR day is one week from today. We will also be in Hollywood Studios that morning, so things might get a little crazy. I want to book Beaches and Cream for lunch and that is one of the hardest ones to get.

Has anyone been able to book an ADR earlier than 7am EST on ADR day?

this morning was ADR day and I got everything I wanted except for Yak & Yeti but I have some notifications set up through a paid site so *fingers crossed* something comes up...if not we'll try to stop by early and see if we can get our names on the list - there's only 2 of us!!

We also booked the African Trek in AK for the first time and super excited about that one - DH doesn't even know we're going to do it!! :jumping1::jumping1:

A hint for Yak & Yeti: Get a Landry’s Select card and you can call the restaurant directly to make a reservation. The card itself costs $25 (I think), but you get a $25 credit to use on your first meal so it’s basically free, plus a $25 birthday reward to boot. You will also get priority seating ahead of people with reservations through Disney. Also can use the card at other Landry’s restaurants.

https://www.landrysselect.com/

A hint for Yak & Yeti: Get a Landry’s Select card and you can call the restaurant directly to make a reservation. The card itself costs $25 (I think), but you get a $25 credit to use on your first meal so it’s basically free, plus a $25 birthday reward to boot. You will also get priority seating ahead of people with reservations through Disney. Also can use the card at other Landry’s restaurants.

https://www.landrysselect.com/
great idea!! Thanks!!

We just booked a short trip Oct 15th - 18th. Dad, mom, and dd8 Staying at Pop! Wanted to see a band playing at Epcot and also booked the Halloween party on the 16th. This will be our first after hours party. Hopefully the 8 yo does ok, at least through fireworks.

Making dining reservations for Halloween and past today...

anyone else wake up way to early to do this? Got up at 5.

Making dining reservations for Halloween and past today...

anyone else wake up way to early to do this? Got up at 5.

Me! My ADR date was this past Saturday and I was up at 4:40am CST to be ready. Initially I wasn't able to book anything- I was probably too early- but right at 5am I was able to start. I got most of what I wanted but I forgot about Space 200. I'll keep looking to see if it pops up. I don't have a solid plan yet for the parks other than MNSSHP on the 27th and Epcot on the 28th, so I was just grabbing places I wanted and will work around that.

Now I'm working on airfare- why is it so annoying- prices change all day long.

Now I'm working on airfare- why is it so annoying- prices change all day long.
Our flight to MCO on Aug 23rd has stayed high, while the flight home has been reasonable. It makes me wonder if something special is happening that week that would make airfare remain high.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter