***Official October 2023 Thread***

So Disney just sent me an email, a survey wanting to know how my trip was on 9/13, lol! I hope I didn’t miss my vacation?? My reservations show I don’t leave for 28 more days😂

So Disney just sent me an email, a survey wanting to know how my trip was on 9/13, lol! I hope I didn’t miss my vacation?? My reservations show I don’t leave for 28 more days😂
Maybe it was a survey regarding the previous trip

I’m joining in on this thread. My group is taking a girls’ trip at the end of October. We are doing a 2-day park hopper and MNSSHP. We’ve got over a month before we go, but I’m starting to get excited. Now I’m trying to do some research and get ready for the trip.

The information in this thread has been very helpful. I look forward to reading the details about everyone’s experiences!

I wonder how long it will be back for, they just said a limited time at D23, just a month, the whole 100th. I’m hoping at until the end of October. I miss it and would love to smell those oranges again. 😋

I think the 100th is technically over at the end of the year so I'd guess it will be around until then.

Is this for all Disney, or just WDW.?
--

Staying at Hilton...

Friday Oct 27th - Knotts Scary Farm
Saturday Oct 28th - Dland in AM & DCA/Carthay in PM (sunset in Cars Land)
Sunday Oct 29th - DCA in AM & Dland in PM (not going to OBB)
Monday Oct 30th - Dland in AM & DCA afternoon for Lamplight
Home for Halloween :charac2:

Is this for all Disney, or just WDW.?
--

Staying at Hilton...

Friday Oct 27th - Knotts Scary Farm
Saturday Oct 28th - Dland in AM & DCA/Carthay in PM (sunset in Cars Land)
Sunday Oct 29th - DCA in AM & Dland in PM (not going to OBB)
Monday Oct 30th - Dland in AM & DCA afternoon for Lamplight
Home for Halloween :charac2:
This is WDW thread, but we stayed at home2 suites and loved lamplight lounge!

We're going to be at Pop Century from Oct 6th - 10th. One of our shortest trips ever but we haven't been able to go back since 2019 and we used to go multiple times a year, so we're way overdue! We also bought a new house and a new Mustang in that time, so funds have been a bit low lately! We had some plane tickets from a canceled trip when WDW shut down and Delta was kind enough to keep bumping our expiration date for the e-credits, but they officially expire in December, so we thought we'd better get a trip in!

Originally, this wasn't going to be a Disney trip at all! My wife and I love the game The Last of Us and when we saw that they were doing a haunted house in Universal based on it, she actually said she wanted to do it! She's a bit of a chicken when it comes to this stuff, so when I heard she actually wanted to do this one, I started looking up costs of staying on site at Universal. I actually had a package all ready to book and just couldn't hit the Checkout button, because I couldn't fathom us being that close to WDW and not going!

So our Universal trip morphed into a Disney trip with 1 night at Halloween Horror Nights! We're going during the school year, so my wife can't really take time off, but we're extending Thanksgiving (Canadian) weekend.

Oct 6th - we're driving down from Winnipeg to Fargo to fly out at 5am, getting to Orlando just before noon. We won't be able to check in until after 3pm, so we'll probably just drop the luggage off at Pop, then head to either Disney Springs or straight to Universal. We have early entry for HHN that opens at 3pm, so we'll want to be there as close to that time as possible to get a few regular rides in before HHN opens up! We're not going to be staying too late, because of course we'll have been awake since 10pm the previous night (or at least I will have, my wife will probably sleep on the drive to Fargo and maybe on the plane!) and we have to make sure to get up early enough to use the Genie+ app for the first time! I think I know what to do, here's hoping! As much as I don't want to, I'll be buying the ILL for whatever rides I can, as we've missed out on a lot since our last trip. We left the week before Star Wars opened in 2019, so we haven't been able to do any of that stuff yet and we don't want to miss out on this short trip!

Oct 7th - DHS
We've gone a bit overboard this day!
Oga's for breakfast/lunch
Droid Depot
Savi's Workshop to build some lightsabers
Sci-Fi for supper

Oct 8th - MK
Liberty Tree Tavern for supper! (my favorite!)

Oct 9th - Epcot
Coral Reef for supper (we usually do Le Cellier, but because the cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread is available at the Food and Wine booth, we're going the cheaper route this time.)

Oct 10th - MK for a few hours
Early Crystal Palace reservations before the park opens, then a few of our favorite rides and then off to the airport!

Our flight leaves at 2:30pm and then we get a nice 4 hour drive home once we land around 7:30pm! Probably getting Culvers for supper, as we don't have a Culvers in Winnipeg (come on Culvers, expand north!)

Just have to figure out how we're going to get 2 droids and 2 lightsabers home.....

Last edited:
I just noticed that a 2nd Fantasmic showing was added for October 16. We do have a 6 pm package reserved but I feel like it is going to be cutting it *very* close now to the 8 pm show? Should we cancel and just go to the later show or keep it?

I believe they’re consistently adding a second show every Thur/fri 2 weeks before.

If we can watch the second show of Fantasmic on 10/29, we will probably cancel our package on 11/1. I believe cancellation is still 2 hours before for the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter