• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official October 2023 Thread***

SO EXCITED! Officially have our tickets! Driving from Louisiana, staying off site (boo to no buses but YAY to more space!), will be in parks from the 16-20th of October! :) We haven't been since 2015, so very, very excited! Already got magic bands and linked them with tickets into the app! Now I have my ADR countdown ready to go!

Do we think Blizzard Beach will reopen for October? (and Typhoon Lagoon close).

I was really hoping that Blizzard Beach would be open for our trip, but now I'm starting to worry!

Today was ADR day and got the few we were wanting just a bit off on timing/levels but it's all good. Cinderella's breakfast, Hoop Dee Doo Revue and the Fantasmic Dining package.

At this point, we are almost all set other than paying for it. ROFL and there is one more reservation we would like to get which is a haircut but we will see how that works, not quite open on the days we want yet.

I got the haircut reservation and although it was a day earlier than our MK day and I was going to try again but wanted at least something booked, my son said just leave it. We do have park hoppers, so I made the reservation for after 2. We had lots of choices as it popped up available about 10 minutes before midnight EST, I was a bit worried since I had heard it was hard to get but I also didn't think it was an impossible one to get either.

Nothing left for me to book at this point, so now it is just a slow countdown and finishing finding the rest of my MNSSHP costume (which is simple so should be easy).

I just received a small envelope in the mail from Disney with Mickey sticker & information booklet letting me know I can make reservations. I'm glad I already had that taken care of because if not, it would have been way too late to get the popular ones at this point. I know it could have just taken a while in the mail and I was still happy to receive some Mickey mail.

I just received a small envelope in the mail from Disney with Mickey sticker & information booklet letting me know I can make reservations. I'm glad I already had that taken care of because if not, it would have been way too late to get the popular ones at this point. I know it could have just taken a while in the mail and I was still happy to receive some Mickey mail.
Got the same today. We made reservations 4 days ago.

Same here! Mad reservations 5 days ago😂
Do they still mail you luggage tags?

What ADRs were the hardest to get? Booking opens up for me in a little over a week. I suppose the week around Halloween would be twice as hard. I have a few big ones on our list Topolinos breakfast 60+8; CRT or Ohana 60+3; STK71 60+7; Boma 60+3; Roudup Rodeo 60+5; Tusker 60+2

Nothing in the mail yet. I usually get an email a week or so after my ADR window opens. I believe there was something in the mail but can’t recall.

I booked our package quite some time back before discounts came out (and updated the package online successfully to apply the Disney+ discount.)

I wish they would improve the QS at the resorts. I hope they will bring back the Turkey or Fish dinner at Landscape of flavors (was really good). I don’t see the chicken and naan options either.

Last edited:
Same here! Mad reservations 5 days ago😂
Do they still mail you luggage tags?
I'm not sure. We haven't paid off our package yet so maybe after that? I still have my tag from one of our prior trips (either 2005 or 2011) that I have on my luggage. A new one would be nice.

@Disturbia I had a travel agent do mine and ahead of time, she said CRT would be the hardest to get of the ones we wanted which I knew was the case. We wanted breakfast which I'm not sure out of the meals if that is the hardest or CRT in general.

I got the package in the mail several days after my ADR opened, I'm 99.9% sure we would not have gotten CRT or HDDR if we only did it after I received the mailing.

What ADRs were the hardest to get? Booking opens up for me in a little over a week. I suppose the week around Halloween would be twice as hard. I have a few big ones on our list Topolinos breakfast 60+8; CRT or Ohana 60+3; STK71 60+7; Boma 60+3; Roudup Rodeo 60+5; Tusker 60+2

When I did ADRs for my original dates, my hardest was a Kona breakfast.. could NOT get it, even set up alerts (which reminds me, I have to cancel those.. oops.) Your furthest out should (theoretically) be easiest to get, as there are fewer who can book them at that point.

So are extended evening hours only on Mondays for Epcot and the few select days for HS in October? I don’t see any MK EETPH (usually Weds; avail until Sept 20 10-12am). I’m trying to avoid those days.

83AECAEE-B66A-43FF-A8A3-95F07B8BA56C.jpeg

Last edited:
What’s the current availability for those within their 10 day booking window for Space220 lounge 60+8? I can only view Oct 22nd. Are there times available for party of 2?

What’s the current availability for those within their 10 day booking window for Space220 lounge 60+8? I can only view Oct 22nd. Are there times available for party of 2?
I’ve been trying since my window opened up on 8/13. Those are tough to get

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter