Official Onsite 2022 Rate Discussion Thread

Have a conundrum!! sorry if this is confusing.

originally booked a Priceline CBBR rate at 173/night beating the ST rate and refundable for sept15-19.

I wanted a one night HRH for express pass access so added on a one night on Sept 17, to get express for Sept 17/18. did not plan to move all belongings but wanted to check out club level so maybe would sleep one night there and back to CBBR prior to depart.

I just found another club level room at a decent price $600 for sept 18.

now I am challenged with trying to change the 4 night CBBR to 2 nights 15-17 or cancel re-book yikes:eek:

and combining the 2 club level room reservations for 17-19.

why do I have to make it so difficult???

So strange.

If you book it separately, Aventura shows up for $189 for the first 3 nights, and $224 for Friday night.

Or if you book 2 nights and 2 nights, several options show up for the first 2 nights and the Hard Rock for the 2nd 2 nights.

Many months ago (and before more recent price increases), Universal was offering some great ST rates for September. I wonder if people are holding onto those great rates.

What is a "ST" rate?

Thanks!

Newbie here
When should the next block.of aph rates drop?
I'm looking to go the beginning of February.
Is there somewhere easy to check?
Right now I just go on the universal.oage for aph rates and plug in random dates. It doesn't seem like the best way, but I can't figure out another.

Newbie here
When should the next block.of aph rates drop?
I'm looking to go the beginning of February.
Is there somewhere easy to check?
Right now I just go on the universal.oage for aph rates and plug in random dates. It doesn't seem like the best way, but I can't figure out another.
Beginning of February is already available. I see rates for the first week or 2 anyway. I’m stalking for early to mid April and didn’t expect to see Feb already.

Hi all. We are staying at Disney for 8 nights first week of April 2023 but my 8 and 4 year olds have just discovered Harry Potter and their newfound obsession is sending us to Universal for a day (4/1). I've already bought our 1-day, 2 park tickets, and it looks like our best bet for getting Express Unlimited passes are booking at a premier hotel as it's cheaper for us than buying 5 passes.
We're leaning toward HRH although we might not even set foot into the room. Right now, it's showing a "Seasonal rate" of about $900 - do they run promos and discounts on room only reservations like WDW does?

Hi all. We are staying at Disney for 8 nights first week of April 2023 but my 8 and 4 year olds have just discovered Harry Potter and their newfound obsession is sending us to Universal for a day (4/1). I've already bought our 1-day, 2 park tickets, and it looks like our best bet for getting Express Unlimited passes are booking at a premier hotel as it's cheaper for us than buying 5 passes.
We're leaning toward HRH although we might not even set foot into the room. Right now, it's showing a "Seasonal rate" of about $900 - do they run promos and discounts on room only reservations like WDW does?
No, they don't. The only way you'll get it a reduced rate is their Savvy Traveler rate (which requires a longer stay, typically at least 4 or 5 nights) or an Annual Pass discount.

You're best bet is just to book whatever Premier resort is the cheapest for your dates. It's typically Royal Pacific, but it depends upon what room categories are left, and April is prime spring break season.

If you are going to spend most of the day doing HP stuff. I would not bother with express pass. You can’t use them on Hagrid’s. Plus if you haven’t done the HP rides before, you want to experience whole queue especially on Forbidden Journey (aka the castle).

I currently have two reservations at discounted rates - one from 11/30-12/3, and another from 12/3-12/14. If I upgrade my tickets to APs while there, can I apply the AP discount to my room, even if I did not originally book an AP rate?

I currently have two reservations at discounted rates - one from 11/30-12/3, and another from 12/3-12/14. If I upgrade my tickets to APs while there, can I apply the AP discount to my room, even if I did not originally book an AP rate?
In our last 10 check-ins at Universal, we were asked for our annual pass once, maybe twice.

If they do ask and you don't have it yet, you should be able to pick up your annual pass and bring it to the front desk before you check-out.

In our last 10 check-ins at Universal, we were asked for our annual pass once, maybe twice.

If they do ask and you don't have it yet, you should be able to pick up your annual pass and bring it to the front desk before you check-out.

I plan on doing just that, but I do not have currently have an AP rate booked. There is currently no availability for all of my dates. I do not want to risk calling and losing my dates. My real question is whether or not they will apply the rate to an existing non-AP reservation while already there,

You have to have the AP rate booked to get it. An AP doesn’t just apply a discount to whatever rate you have booked.

I plan on doing just that, but I do not have currently have an AP rate booked. There is currently no availability for all of my dates. I do not want to risk calling and losing my dates. My real question is whether or not they will apply the rate to an existing non-AP reservation while already there,
Only a limited number of AP rates are offered. Once all those are sold for a particular type of room, it does not appear Universal offers more.

However...

I have seen AP rates suddenly appear and then quickly disappear. My theory is that when someone books an AP rate and then cancels it, that AP rate room is freed up for other AP holders.

The point is, keep checking, multiple times a day, if possible. The AP rate you want might pop up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter