***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, wanted to let you know that you hadn't been answered yet here because very few have ridden yet. First Dis Board guest there today

Got it thanks! I know there has been a lot of discussion from others on here that have ridden it and to me it's a fairly simple question. I know everyone here is so helpful and information and I'm like "is it something I said"?...lol

I have a DVC preview at 9-11 on the 13th, Sat. First slot of day-any idea on how early to get there, as well as if I get there at 8, will I be able to get in? AK does not open until 9 that day.

I have a DVC preview at 9-11 on the 13th, Sat. First slot of day-any idea on how early to get there, as well as if I get there at 8, will I be able to get in? AK does not open until 9 that day.

If they have their ducks in a row (this is Disney so you never know) they will probably have a tapstile for preview people and let you line up there before entry but not inside the park.

Asking again...is it the screen-work in FOP that creates the weightless "drop" type feeling or does the seat actually drop? If it's the screen-work, one can simply close their eyes if those feelings become too intense. Can someone that has ridden confirm? Thank you!
I have been patiently awaiting the answer to this as well. Am fine with Soarin' but not Star Tours and especially not TOT - that weightless feeling would do me in. If the worst case is ST, I can always close my eyes.

I have been patiently awaiting the answer to this as well. Am fine with Soarin' but not Star Tours and especially not TOT - that weightless feeling would do me in. If the worst case is ST, I can always close my eyes.

In the same boat. I can deal with the motion of the seat itself if it's not dropping and doing crazy stuff, but with these screen type attractions, the movement in conjunction is intense. I'm envisioning to be able to closing my eyes when the 3d gets too intense and just deal with the motion of the seat. At least that's what I am hoping for. I really do want to experience this attraction with my daredevil family, so I'm hoping I can modify as needed.

In the same boat. I can deal with the motion of the seat itself if it's not dropping and doing crazy stuff, but with these screen type attractions, the movement in conjunction is intense. I'm envisioning to be able to closing my eyes when the 3d gets too intense and just deal with the motion of the seat. At least that's what I am hoping for. I really do want to experience this attraction with my daredevil family, so I'm hoping I can modify as needed.

I am just hoping to do the boat ride! I can no longer do almost anything with much motion due to vertigo issues. I think FoP would do me in.

Per @yulilin3 the Flight of Passage line does miss most of the detailed queue.

Yeah I've read reports that the first time through you really don't want it to be FP but also you don't want to wait in that whole queue haha. Does it skip the animatronic in the water if you enter through FP?

Yeah I've read reports that the first time through you really don't want it to be FP but also you don't want to wait in that whole queue haha. Does it skip the animatronic in the water if you enter through FP?
Not sure she didn't specify. I'm sure she will come back here later when she leaves to go more in depth.

Per @yulilin3 the Flight of Passage FP line does miss most of the detailed queue.

not surprising, but hopefully you still take in some of the elements

Guess in someways it could be good to do it FP the first time when the ride itself is new and you are still filled with antici ---- pation about it .... and then the 2nd time do standby so you can focus on the queue rather than thinking about the ride

not surprising, but hopefully you still take in some of the elements

Guess in someways it could be good to do it FP the first time when the ride itself is new and you are still filled with antici ---- pation about it .... and then the 2nd time do standby so you can focus on the queue rather than thinking about the ride
That's what I'm thinking too. I'll do my FP then during EMH standby so I can see the queue.

That's what I'm thinking too. I'll do my FP then during EMH standby so I can see the queue.
I can't remember or not but has Disney officially added this to the line up of what's available for morning EMH at AK? or is it just that right now they are doing the evening EMH during that time period in the summer and haven't added it yet or at all to EMH for after the first part of July?

I can't remember or not but has Disney officially added this to the line up of what's available for morning EMH at AK? or is it just that right now they are doing the evening EMH during that time period in the summer and haven't added it yet or at all to EMH for after the first part of July?
I haven't seen anything regarding morning EMH for this. I also haven't seen anything about after July 4th. Of course we all know Disney isn't great at updating calendars.

Per @yulilin3 the Flight of Passage FP line does miss most of the detailed queue.

I figured the FP line missed the queue. It always does.
My plan is exactly like yours. We'll FP the ride and use EMH for a chance to see the queue. We have several nights we can hop over. I think we'll dedicate 1 to FoP, one to boats and one to just walking around exploring.

I recall in the "8 reasons to visit WDW this summer" video that went up this week from the Dreams Unlimited Travel podcast they worded it as the Extra Extra Evening Pandora Hours being in addition to any morning extra hours - certainly implied that it went for Pandora too ... but not sure if they officially knew or just assuming/speculatinge

I haven't seen anything regarding morning EMH for this. I also haven't seen anything about after July 4th. Of course we all know Disney isn't great at updating calendars.
lol true true.

I do hope it gets added to EMH as right now our first park day is set for AK morning EMH. I wouldn't mind at all spending that time to explore Pandora if possible :) At this point the other offerings AK has can wait a bit :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter