***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting to hear from the people who are getting sick on FOP because clearly some are. That's the main reason I'm not doing it...I was nauseous for two hours after a 3d IMAX movie.

I get motion sickness fairly easily on rides where you visually dive down. The Harry Potter Hogwarts ride, I've been on it several times and I think I've only seen 10% of it :P Even in Soarin there are parts where I close my eyes. Flight of Passage... the first time I rode it I closed my eyes at various parts and saw probably 50%. Felt fine afterwards since I didn't look at any of the parts that would trigger my motion sickness. The second time I rode it I tried to keep my eyes open for more... probably saw 70% of it this time and felt a little nauseous afterwards.

The ride was awesome though, so I would encourage you to go on and close your eyes for some parts, if you think that will work!

I'm still waiting to hear from the people who are getting sick on FOP because clearly some are. That's the main reason I'm not doing it...I was nauseous for two hours after a 3d IMAX movie.

Regarding FoP motion sickness...in our family it was bizarre who it affected and who it didn't. My 6 year old who gets car sick during 20 minute car rides and Star Tours was fine. He said he closed his eyes a couple times during the "drops" but walked off the ride excited about it and not sick. I was shocked. I get motion sickness on spinning rides, swinging at the playground and riding in cars on winding roads. Can do rollercoasters just fine (though lately Everest has affected me during the backward portion). I was so blown away by the ride because I felt like I had been transported and was actually flying through Pandora, that I think me taking deep breaths and focusing on "being in the moment" helped. I felt a tad bit nauseous during, and a little bit after but the adrenaline overpowered it and I was fine within 10 minutes. My 11 year old daughter was fine and is only prone to motion sickness while reading or looking down in the car. However, my husband who doesn't get motion sick very easily except for spinning rides was very nauseous for hours after FoP. Not sure he will ride it again. Funny part is we went on a Disney Cruise the next day and he wasn't affected by the boat movement at all, but I was. So it's really hard to say how it will affect different people. I would have thought for sure my son and I would have been affected the most by it and my husband the least but that wasn't the case.

Are the Evening EMH procedures still the same? If you are an onsite guests, they will still hold you outside of the land if you aren't already in? Is getting in line for FOP at the start of EMH shorter than normal?

Are the Evening EMH procedures still the same? If you are an onsite guests, they will still hold you outside of the land if you aren't already in? Is getting in line for FOP at the start of EMH shorter than normal?
They weren't holding you outside Pandora after about 2 days. We went in to EMH on the 31st and walked right in, no lines to get in at all

They weren't holding you outside Pandora after about 2 days. We went in to EMH on the 31st and walked right in, no lines to get in at all

So the only "line" they are holding people for now is to be allowed into the FOP queue for EMH? Strange that they don't just scan the bands and let people in. I guess they need the line to technically be "closed" since it's still during park hours.

So the only "line" they are holding people for now is to be allowed into the FOP queue for EMH? Strange that they don't just scan the bands and let people in. I guess they need the line to technically be "closed" since it's still during park hours.
Yes, the only time they checked to see if you are on site is when we got in the line for FoP, anyone could be in the area. We lined up outside the entrance to FoP queue (where you see the Wait Time in photos) and waited for them to open the line again. When they did, they scanned us to check to be sure we were on site guests and then let us enter the ride. Actually, they may have started to scan as we waited for the line to open. I left to go to the bathroom and I remember they had been scanning before I left. At any rate, no line to enter Pandora, just to enter ride.

Yes, the only time they checked to see if you are on site is when we got in the line for FoP, anyone could be in the area. We lined up outside the entrance to FoP queue (where you see the Wait Time in photos) and waited for them to open the line again. When they did, they scanned us to check to be sure we were on site guests and then let us enter the ride. Actually, they may have started to scan as we waited for the line to open. I left to go to the bathroom and I remember they had been scanning before I left. At any rate, no line to enter Pandora, just to enter ride.

What time do people start lining up for FoP and what time do they let them enter the queue? We are hopping from another park and I'd like to ride EE in the dark before we had to Pandora but we will bet getting there close to 10.

What time do people start lining up for FoP and what time do they let them enter the queue? We are hopping from another park and I'd like to ride EE in the dark before we had to Pandora but we will bet getting there close to 10.
I am wondering the thing! Heading over there tonight for EMH. We have Tusker House dinner and an 8:45 FP for EE. We want to be in line for FoP as soon as it is available for EMH guests.

On the night we did it we got over there about 10:15 or so, they had just closed the stand by line. we were first in line for EMH. They let us in the queue before 11:00 but I'm not sure exactly what time, 10 or 15 min before I believe. We were out by 11:30

So this morning my 60 day fastpass window opened (for Sunday August 13th). Was on at 7am on the dot to make reservations, FoP fastpasses were all gone. Grabbed a Na'vi River Journey FP and Rivers of Light. Interestingly, the RoL FP'es were gone by around 7:30 am this morning. I went on the Touring Plans site and they say there were no FP available for August 13th as of 6:51 am (i.e. gone before my 60 day window opened). Also FoP FP's are gone for August 14th (tomorrow's 60 day window) according to touring plans.

I was surprised as I had been following the FoP availability on touring plans and I thought they were available at least 57 days before. But perhaps things are changing a bit or I am visiting at a busy time.

I was able to get FoP FP's for later in our trip (about 64 days out) when we plan to park hop back into AK.

Probably interesting to keep following this, but if you want FoP FP's you may need to plan for a day later in your trip (if you are staying on site).

Adding to this...

Tuesday (6/13) was our 60 day window for our August 12th arrival. I was on at 7am on the dot (actually kept checking from 6:55 on) and I was able to get FoP FP for Monday August 14 at 3:05pm (later times were also available). Nothing available in the morning. And I didn't book them immediately, it was closer to 7:15 or 7:30 maybe. Then I was able to get them for the same late afternoon times on Saturday August 19th as well. I was also able to see them for August 13th in the afternoon but I didn't book that day. Anyhow, so from my experience, YMMV, I was able to get FoP FP at 60, 61 and 66 days out, but not in the morning.

Na'vi was available for all three days I looked, and in the morning.

Both of my days (14th and 19th) are early EMH days, so that might play somewhat into more people planning to go to the parks on my days.

I also booked RoL for the 19th.

Today was the 60 day mark for my AK day (I'm offsite for that part of my trip, so no 60+10 for me) and precisely at 7:00 am there was not a single FP available for FoP at any time during the day. This is Sunday August 13. Guess we'll be trying standby at rope drop.

FYI - to those following along what's roughly available at the 60 day mark for FOP. This morning was our FP+ booking day. I got in RIGHT at 7am --- our length of stay is 5 nights, Monday Aug 14th - Sat Aug 19th. The earliest FOP times for our AK days that i could get were, Wed August 16th - 3:55pm, and Friday August 18th 1:35pm. Will have to rope & dope NRJ or find some other opportunity to give that one a whirl.

I feel for you guys. I am in a similar boat. I actually think the FP for FOP were gone a day or more before you could even try, at least AM FP. We are staying at WDW before and after our cruise. We get back from the cruise on 8/12. I thought I wouldn't be able to book FP for 8/12 & 8/13 until Tuesday, 6/13. However, I was checking anyway about 7am CST (1 hour after FP usually opens) on Monday, 6/12, and I was able to book. I had forgotten about split stay rules, so I don't know if I could have booked on an earlier day or only as early as Monday. I needed morning on 8/13, since we leave in the afternoon. There were no FOP FP in the AM already. I could only get NRJ for AM. I was able to get an evening FP for FOP on 8/12, and we already had 1 for before our cruise. We plan on getting there at rope drop on 8/13 anyway, and I did want to see the standby queue for FOP, so I guess that's what we'll do that day. There are people who were able to book FP much earlier since 8/12 & 8/13 were probably at the end of their trip.

Hope everyone still has a good trip and gets to ride FOP:goodvibes

I feel for you guys. I am in a similar boat. I actually think the FP for FOP were gone a day or more before you could even try, at least AM FP. We are staying at WDW before and after our cruise. We get back from the cruise on 8/12. I thought I wouldn't be able to book FP for 8/12 & 8/13 until Tuesday, 6/13. However, I was checking anyway about 7am CST (1 hour after FP usually opens) on Monday, 6/12, and I was able to book. I had forgotten about split stay rules, so I don't know if I could have booked on an earlier day or only as early as Monday. I needed morning on 8/13, since we leave in the afternoon. There were no FOP FP in the AM already. I could only get NRJ for AM. I was able to get an evening FP for FOP on 8/12, and we already had 1 for before our cruise. We plan on getting there at rope drop on 8/13 anyway, and I did want to see the standby queue for FOP, so I guess that's what we'll do that day. There are people who were able to book FP much earlier since 8/12 & 8/13 were probably at the end of their trip.

Yeah, sadly, we were limited to exactly 60 days, and there was nothing, not even in the evening. The 60+10 is great when you are staying onsite, but is sometimes your enemy when you are NOT staying onsite lol.

Yeah, sadly, we were limited to exactly 60 days, and there was nothing, not even in the evening. The 60+10 is great when you are staying onsite, but is sometimes your enemy when you are NOT staying onsite lol.

Or if you have a short stay or your AK day is at the beginning of the trip.

Well, yeah, that too. If you don't have a short stay, then I would strongly suggest making sure AK is later in your trip to fully take advantage of that +10, of course, that only applies if staying onsite.

I just picked our FP this morning and had to shift things around a little. I had originally planned on FOP for our second evening but couldn't get anything until the night of our 4th day. If I wanted a morning I needed to go 6-7 days out. Thanks to everyone posting their experiences here I was prepared for this but still hoped I would be able to pull it off this morning. Of course I had my choice of times for NRJ:P

I don't know if this has been reported yet...

I'm standing in the store right now and the banshees are back. They were not in the store 2 days ago.
On another site they were reported back yesterday, then out again before noon. I can't wait to go back because they were all gone last week.

Navi River Journey closed yesterday and has not since reopened today. The Shaman is having techincal difficulties causing the closure.

Flight of Passage is also currently closed due to a guest incident (seizure).

I just picked our FP this morning and had to shift things around a little. I had originally planned on FOP for our second evening but couldn't get anything until the night of our 4th day. If I wanted a morning I needed to go 6-7 days out. Thanks to everyone posting their experiences here I was prepared for this but still hoped I would be able to pull it off this morning. Of course I had my choice of times for NRJ:P

You are both confirming what I was afraid of. We too have a short stay on property pre/post cruise which may hinder any luck getting a FP for FOP.

Navi River Journey closed yesterday and has not since reopened today. The Shaman is having techincal difficulties causing the closure.

Flight of Passage is also currently closed due to a guest incident (seizure).
I've been noticing those closures in MDE. Hope that guest is ok!

And *goodvibes* to CM's dealing with what must be some very disappointed Pandora guests...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter