• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm anxiously awaiting for an update myself.
My expectation is EMH of some sort will be added, but not nightly like they've had.
But it would sure be nice to know.
Hard to believe they will not have any EMH at all after 8/19 and also hard to believe that as of 7/28 they don't know what they plan to do

I agree. It'd be nice to know. My gut kind of tells me they're trying to avoid what happened last year - increasing hours way late into the night only to have terribly low attendance. I'm hoping they decide it's different this time since Pandora is open, ROL is open, and Pandora is clearly still bringing in a lot of people.

Has this been posted, and I missed it (very likely as I haven't been reading every single post lately)? Sorry if a repeat
The Single Rider sign is covered at FoP. So signs still pointing to this not ever being used, as reported by several CM during opening week
Has other word come out? Or did they just cover it to stop questions for now?

(picture removed for space!)
I'm assuming it's temporary. It doesn't make sense for them to make a new attraction with a full on single rider sign to never actually use it. Sooner or later, it will open up, in my opinion.

I'm assuming it's temporary. It doesn't make sense for them to make a new attraction with a full on single rider sign to never actually use it. Sooner or later, it will open up, in my opinion.
It may be something that sounded good in concept to the imagineers designing the ride, but operationally it is not really needed. With each room on FOP holding 8 people there isn't much need to have singles. And it isn't like a coaster or Test Track where the CM has to quickly fill 12 to 18 rows of 2 or 3 every 30 seconds with minimal time to arrange groups. On FOP they have to go through the line anyway to ask everyone their group size so they can arrange parties together in groups of 8. If they are one short they have plenty of time to get a single from the normal line.

I'm not so sure.
First, the CM working the attraction used the exact words of "no, and it will never be open" as I was walking by and someone asked him if the single rider line was open. Though I understand CM do not always know everything
Second, the line for single riders mixes with FP and will take a CM stationed nearby to keep straight, or self policing. Not practical at all
Third, it's not really needed. It's very easy for them to simply pull any needed single riders from the lines after the point where stand by and FP riders merge

The reports have been that someone requested a single rider be added and didn't bother to find out that it wasn't practical for this ride. Once it opened it was discovered that it wasn't needed, hence it being covered now.

I think I need some advice with my Rope Drop plans. It will be 2 of us, on a Monday morning in mid-september (with am EMH).
1) Bag check. Will it work fine if I send my sister into bagless line and I go through bag check with 2 bags? Then meet up with her at the turnstile line?
2) Standby queue. The whole point of RD for FoP is to see the standby queue as we have several FPs for later in the trip. But I'm concerned with all the reports that they send people thru fastpass line. What is blocking people from continuing in the regular line? Can we just step over a chain (or unclip/reclip it)? Will the CMs be pissed if we arrive in the standby line?

I think I need some advice with my Rope Drop plans. It will be 2 of us, on a Monday morning in mid-september (with am EMH).
1) Bag check. Will it work fine if I send my sister into bagless line and I go through bag check with 2 bags? Then meet up with her at the turnstile line?
2) Standby queue. The whole point of RD for FoP is to see the standby queue as we have several FPs for later in the trip. But I'm concerned with all the reports that they send people thru fastpass line. What is blocking people from continuing in the regular line? Can we just step over a chain (or unclip/reclip it)? Will the CMs be pissed if we arrive in the standby line?

1. You'll be fine, unless you get someone behind your sister in the tapstile line who takes offense to you cutting in line. You never can say for sure but I have (very rarely) seen a guest go off on another guest for such a thing. 99.9% of the time you won't have an issue.
2. There is a rope up blocking the path. Could you step over or duck under the rope and walk through the normal standby line? Sure. Should you? Well that's your call. I seriously doubt anything too bad would happen to you. Although you would technically be entering a closed off section of Disney's property. Would a cast member be pissed? If a cast member was really having a bad morning they could call security.

Wanted to add for those ride wimps. I can barely tolerate soarin because i sometimes feel like I'm going to fall. I was a bit concerned about FOP but it was amazing!!!! LOVED IT! I think the locking in secure feeling of the bike set up helped me. I may have closed my eyes once or twice but barely. Totally worth it and would love to go again some day!
Dito.....truly amazing ride....best ive experienced so far. I definitely think being snugged into the seat makes all the difference for folks who get a bit queezt from simulated rides. I screamed like a native Navi the whole ride...what a blast!

By 8:40 there will be thousands in front of you and likely a 2+ hour wait.
Exactly.....we waited 2 1/2 around 3 p.m. It was well worth the wait but my feet were killing me...wanted to ride again but couldnt handle the wait.

Dito.....truly amazing ride....best ive experienced so far. I definitely think being snugged into the seat makes all the difference for folks who get a bit queezt from simulated rides. I screamed like a native Navi the whole ride...what a blast!
I hope you plan to write up a report on your thoughts about the land in general, when you have time. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Unless you have, and I missed it

I hope you plan to write up a report on your thoughts about the land in general, when you have time. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Unless you have, and I missed it

I support everyone giving a write up of their thoughts of the land.

Question for people who have been... do the mountains actually look like they're floating?

we took a tour at AK and we got to witness rope drop.without exception the entire crowd went to Pandora.here are some pics of how the cast members handle it. edit to add: we had to hurry as the crowd caught up to our tour group and were about to be over run.
8wN6C8Kl.jpg

j9axKkNl.jpg

nKxRmyRl.jpg

OQgGa2Kl.jpg

fuOk89sl.jpg

Question for people who have been... do the mountains actually look like they're floating?
yes they do but different angles of view make the effect look better.

Last edited:
we took a tour at AK and we got to witness rope drop.without exception the entire crowd went to Pandora.here are some pics of how the cast members handle it. edit to add: we had to hurry as the crowd caught up to our tour group and were about to be over run.
8wN6C8Kl.jpg

j9axKkNl.jpg

nKxRmyRl.jpg

OQgGa2Kl.jpg

fuOk89sl.jpg

yes they do but different angles of view make the effect look better.

Looks quite orderly and civilized.

I think it will look better as vegetation grows in the land. Part of the story telling says the mountains were pushed into this position from the Ikran and human vehicles. I think Disney did the best they could with these mountains. Overall they look fantastic.

Pandora Trip Report: The land itself was so beautiful, like omg awesome! We knew we would have to wait in line for Fop because we stayed off site and couldnt get fast passes. We took the advice from other non-rope droppers, like ourselves, and did late afternoon when it was so grueling hot we just couldnt walk anymore without collapsing (I'm terrible in the heat). The wait time was 140 minutes, and we bit the bullet. The line was cool like people said but not mind blowing, i guess i expected more from other reviews. I mean, it was nice but nothing that blew my mind. The line did keep moving for the most part, which made it more tolerable. It got way more interesting the closer you got to the ride. We had no problems with the ride seats, they were very comfortable and we had a very, tall big boy with us. The seats snugged up around your legs and back and made me feel really secure, ready to take off in full control, and then bam! The ride exploded in flight, twists, turns, drops and climbs. The exhilaration was fierce! I leaned with each new drop and my whole body screamed with sheer exhileration. I cant say enough about how spectacular this ride is and how awesome it made me feel! The land at night is beautiful....its just amazing. Navi was also beautiful, but as others said it was very short. We did have fp for it, so we got right on. The Rol show was also really spectacular, we loved it. The whole land is just super cool. I hope to get fp's for fop next year, and hope to ride it more than once. It's the kind of experience that just sticks with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter