***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How wild is the crowds on rope drop?

Got FP+ for FoP 10:20 and tought of getting in early to ride NRJ or other attractions. We are a party of 6 with kids (5 and 2 y.o.).

If we arrive at AK around 30 min before rope drop would it be stressful even knowing most people will be directing to FoP?

How long is the wait usually for FP entry? We had FP's for Soarin a few years ago and still waited 45 minutes to get on. The same trip we had FP's for mine train and got right on. Just trying to plan around being able to squeeze in anything else after our 7:10 FP for NRJ

We had 11:40am fp for FOP and there was no wait at all, no backup.

As for rope drop Na'vi, we were probably closer to the front, got to AK around 7:45 and tapstiles opened at 8:20 am. We were somewhere between the tapstiles and the building behind them when they opened and a very orderly walk proceeded to rope drop. It was kind of funny watching the herd all head in the same direction. We got to rope drop and waited till 8:40 for rope drop and walked straight on to Na'vi. We stayed to the left of the crowd and just walked straight. I don't do well with crowds usually but really had no problem at all.

Hey guys. My window is coming up for FP+. In our entire group only DH is up for riding Flight of Passage. How has the single rider line been? We're going mid-October. I'm thinking of getting FP+ for our entire group for Na’vi River Journey and then just having my husband go single rider for FOP, but I don't want him to end up being screwed & waiting in a tremendously long line, especially since he'll be by himself. We're only doing one day at AK. Would you recommend single rider or should I try for another day for my husband to ride it with a FP+? Thanks!

No single rider line at this point.

What about having him ride it at rope drop first thing? If he can get there early and work his way to the front he could be on/off fairly quickly. The rest of you can head to Na'vi and ride it, then ride again later with your fp. Or consider riding fop with him. I'm a total ride wimp and LOVED it.

How long is the wait usually for FP entry? We had FP's for Soarin a few years ago and still waited 45 minutes to get on. The same trip we had FP's for mine train and got right on. Just trying to plan around being able to squeeze in anything else after our 7:10 FP for NRJ

Usually not long. For the FP line itself (not including preshow video) I'd say the norm is about 5-20 min.

When you did the FP for Soarin maybe it went down briefly or there was an issue because a 45 min wait in line with a FP is not common

How wild is the crowds on rope drop?

Got FP+ for FoP 10:20 and tought of getting in early to ride NRJ or other attractions. We are a party of 6 with kids (5 and 2 y.o.).

If we arrive at AK around 30 min before rope drop would it be stressful even knowing most people will be directing to FoP?

Crowds will be large, but each park has large crowds for rope drop. If you're heading straight for NRJ, you won't have an issue. The crowd will be manageable and most people will be heading for FoP so you'll be on NRJ with little or no wait

How wild is the crowds on rope drop? If we arrive at AK around 30 min before rope drop would it be stressful even knowing most people will be directing to FoP?
Just know that even on days with a 9:00 open, people are actually entering the park closer to 8, with several holding points along the way. By 8:30 most days, folks are on their way to their first attraction. Granted, the bulk of the crowd is headed to FOP, but arriving at AK at 8:30 is going to put you behind the RD crowd.

Just know that even on days with a 9:00 open, people are actually entering the park closer to 8, with several holding points along the way. By 8:30 most days, folks are on their way to their first attraction. Granted, the bulk of the crowd is headed to FOP, but arriving at AK at 8:30 is going to put you behind the RD crowd.

Thanks. We just want to avoid the mess as we are going to be lugging around with a double stroller. If NRJ is a short wait and not so crowded area we can give it a try. If not, probably will look for Kilimanjaro Safari.

Can anyone report on how evening EMH has been recently? When we were there in June, wait times were still very high during EMH - is this still the case? Will be there solo later this month and trying to figure out the best time to ride FOP so I can see the full standby queue (have only ridden with FP, since the kids were with me last trip). I understand RD will not get me the full experience, so looking for my next best option. Don't mind waiting an hour, but trying to avoid 2 hours! :)

Thanks. We just want to avoid the mess as we are going to be lugging around with a double stroller. If NRJ is a short wait and not so crowded area we can give it a try. If not, probably will look for Kilimanjaro Safari.
The line for NRJ won't be bad first thing, as most people head for FOP first. But many hit NRJ next, so once the initial crowds start coming off FOP, you'll see the wait for NRJ rise quickly.

I would go and hit Na'vi even with a double stroller, assuming you are there in a timely manner and not in the back of the pack. It was pretty controlled. And pandora rope drop was at 8:40, which I wrongly assumed was true for the rest of the park. My friends went a few days later and they were skipping pandora this trip so headed to the Africa rope drop, which didn't drop till 8:55. So while I was able to ride Na'vi and head straight to the safari right after, they stood there waiting and rode the safari finally at the same time I had. I was watching the line times and the day she went they did drop pandora rope at 8:40 just like they had on my day.

So on a 9am opening, 8 am tusker house followed by Everest is also not a good plan? Everest and safari have been opening early too?

animal_kingdom_9am_rope_drop_pandora_disney-33.jpg

Hey guys. My window is coming up for FP+. In our entire group only DH is up for riding Flight of Passage. How has the single rider line been? We're going mid-October. I'm thinking of getting FP+ for our entire group for Na’vi River Journey and then just having my husband go single rider for FOP, but I don't want him to end up being screwed & waiting in a tremendously long line, especially since he'll be by himself. We're only doing one day at AK. Would you recommend single rider or should I try for another day for my husband to ride it with a FP+? Thanks!

The second FAQ post on this thread says there is single rider. I'm not sure if that has changed?
As you can see in the above photo from a week or so back, Single Rider sign is now covered.
When I was there before it was covered a CM was asked about Single Rider. The response was, and this is a quote "it's not open and it will never be open"
Now, we all know CM do not always know everything so I wasn't taking what he said as gospel but did know at the time I heard it that it made sense. The Single Rider line isn't needed. The ride design for it doesn't make sense. Not the way the designed the load for the Single Rider and FP because the two lines mix together and then have to separate out later, which will take either a CM to scan a 2nd time or guests to self control the line and because it's very easy for the CM to pull any needed single riders from the lines after the Stand By and the FP riders merge. Whoever requested a Single Rider line be installed wasn't thinking or aware of these things.
So it is entirely possible that the Single Rider line is not ever going to be used. It is for certain not being used at this time.

The line for NRJ won't be bad first thing, as most people head for FOP first. But many hit NRJ next, so once the initial crowds start coming off FOP, you'll see the wait for NRJ rise quickly.
What time would you recommend arriving at AK for NRJ to be ahead of the first group coming off FOP if it is EMH am? If EMH opening at 8:00, would arriving at 7:30 put us too far back? Does anyone have a photo or map to show where we would go to Navi? Is it with the herd of people lined up for FOP at first? I'm bringing my mom and dad who will not do well with being in an unruly crowd- trying to figure out if it's better to just get there early or wait a little and go after the huge crowd.

What time would you recommend arriving at AK for NRJ to be ahead of the first group coming off FOP if it is EMH am? If EMH opening at 8:00, would arriving at 7:30 put us too far back? Does anyone have a photo or map to show where we would go to Navi? Is it with the herd of people lined up for FOP at first? I'm bringing my mom and dad who will not do well with being in an unruly crowd- trying to figure out if it's better to just get there early or wait a little and go after the huge crowd.
You're all held together before the entrance to Pandora, then the line splits once inside. Most head to the right for FOP. NRJ is straight ahead. I'd personally arrive closer to 7. By 7:30 the crowds are about to be let into Pandora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter