*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
From looking at the map, it looks like the entrance for packages are on the Dino side and FP side is on the Yeti side. So my guess is there will be either 1/2 of each side for general seating. Not much. I can't imagine how early you would have to wait in line considering Fantasmic it was about an hour and they had so much more seating.
Figures, with Disney's cutting corners with costs. This obviously needed a larger auditorium

Currently seated
arrived around 6pm, they were already allowing people to sit. I'm on the first stone bench after the wood benches in the fp section. At the moment the section to my left in fp and the one I'm sitting at is full. 2 sections to my right are still empty.
What will be the dining/standby section has almost 3 out of the 5 full, they are allowing standby, I heard a cm directing people toward dinoland.
I'll be live streaming so can't get pictures today, I'll give my impressions once I'm back home tonight , currently is 6:34pm

Currently seated
arrived around 6pm, they were already allowing people to sit. I'm on the first stone bench after the wood benches in the fp section. At the moment the section to my left in fp and the one I'm sitting at is full. 2 sections to my right are still empty.
What will be the dining/standby section has almost 3 out of the 5 full, they are allowing standby, I heard a cm directing people toward dinoland.
I'll be live streaming so can't get pictures today, I'll give my impressions once I'm back home tonight , currently is 6:34pm

Thanks for taking the time to update us! Enjoy!!

We arrive on 2/16 so hoping to see on 2/17 or 2/18, we will try to get a 4th FP for this if not I do have TH lunch which is the ROL package. Excited to see it!

Trying to decide whether to keep my dining package or fastpass plus for ROL. My FP says "Dining Package Entrance." Does this mean the seats are in the same area?

Trying to decide whether to keep my dining package or fastpass plus for ROL. My FP says "Dining Package Entrance." Does this mean the seats are in the same area?
There are two seating areas. One side will have FP. The other dining packages. There will be standby to fill in where there is availability.

There are two seating areas. One side will have FP. The other dining packages. There will be standby to fill in where there is availability.
ys ys
Thanks for the reply! I'm still wondering why my FP says "dining package entrance" if they are in a different section?

Just back, I'll try a spoiler free, honest review, coming from something that enjoys theater and the arts in general.
This is the perfect nighttime show for AK. AK to me has always been the relaxed park, where you take your time and instead of going from attraction to attraction, you stop and enjoy looking at an animal or a cultural show...from the moment I stepped into the theater to wait you could tell that a) everyone was excited to see the show and b) the music playing puts you in a very zen mood.
As with all shows, videos and pictures will not do it justice, so many vivid colors, transitions and effects that complement each other. The performers on the barges have very detailed choreographed moves and, yes the costumes that were so proudly displayed last year are gorgeous, I would've liked for them to be featured more.
I heard things after the show like "wow that was breathtaking" "beautiful show" to "it didn't really move me"
For those wanting the WOW factor, again that depends with the person. I think most people think of Disney shows and the wow factor in fireworks and other effects, and while this show doesn't have a loud Wow it left me with a feeling very similar to what I used to feel from Tapestry of Nations, the message that We Are One, all connected and interdependent to land, sea and animals , to me that is Wow factor enough.
I definitely recommend seeing it in person and not making a decision based on videos. Like I said in my previous post I sat in the fp section, last stone bench before the wood benches, and it was perfect.

Just back, I'll try a spoiler free, honest review, coming from something that enjoys theater and the arts in general.
This is the perfect nighttime show for AK. AK to me has always been the relaxed park, where you take your time and instead of going from attraction to attraction, you stop and enjoy looking at an animal or a cultural show...from the moment I stepped into the theater to wait you could tell that a) everyone was excited to see the show and b) the music playing puts you in a very zen mood.
As with all shows, videos and pictures will not do it justice, so many vivid colors, transitions and effects that complement each other. The performers on the barges have very detailed choreographed moves and, yes the costumes that were so proudly displayed last year are gorgeous, I would've liked for them to be featured more.
I heard things after the show like "wow that was breathtaking" "beautiful show" to "it didn't really move me"
For those wanting the WOW factor, again that depends with the person. I think most people think of Disney shows and the wow factor in fireworks and other effects, and while this show doesn't have a loud Wow it left me with a feeling very similar to what I used to feel from Tapestry of Nations, the message that We Are One, all connected and interdependent to land, sea and animals , to me that is Wow factor enough.
I definitely recommend seeing it in person and not making a decision based on videos. Like I said in my previous post I sat in the fp section, last stone bench before the wood benches, and it was perfect.

Hi Yulilin
Thanks for taking the time to post your review,,,
I just checked and no R.O.L. the day we are in AK March 13th ----- so I just did some super quick changes and our AK day is now for March 16th.
I was able to grab R.O.L. FP+, I am looking forward to seeing the show with my family.
Thanks again
Hugs Mel

Much has been written in this thread and others, and I haven't had a chance to read through it all, so please excuse me if this question has already been answered.

Does anyone know if more Rivers of Light shows will be added for the days in March that don't yet have a show listed?

Much has been written in this thread and others, and I haven't had a chance to read through it all, so please excuse me if this question has already been answered.

Does anyone know if more Rivers of Light shows will be added for the days in March that don't yet have a show listed?
Schedule-wise for now, RoL will run nightly beginning in April.

We got FP+ for 3-4. So surprised to get to see this show this trip. I had Tusker package, but when I saw the FP+ I switched, to save some $$, and eat at Flame Tree. We love the outdoor seating in the back of FT.

Thanks for the open minded reviews, I am expecting to like it. But I have lowered my expectations slightly, because the preview material for this show looked absolutely crazy wild cool. We love AK, and sometimes just taking a seat and listening to the music, watching the dancers and street performances. I have even left super busy parks, stressed out (like Epcot on a weekend during F&W), drove over to AK, and thought, now I can breathe!

We are going to be at wdw for the PHM. Any advice on how early to get there or where to go? We are hoping to see rol on Sunday night.

Do you think the FP's will be bookable online through MDE st 8:45 am or via bracelets given to DVC and pass holders?

drove over to AK, and thought, now I can breathe!
That's probably going to change in May.
I've noticed that attendance at AK has been creeping up over the last year or so. The 2015 TEA attendance numbers showed that AK was not that far behind Epcot, the #2 WDW park. The new stuff should make AK the 2nd most popular park. The red headed stepchild is going to be a blond. Blonds are still more popular, aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter