*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Fastpasses for Kilmanjaro from 6-7pm and will have preferred seats for ROL from the dining package. If we did Kilmanjaro right at 6 then went straight to Rivers of Light for the 7:15 show, will a party of 7 be able to be seated together? I know at this time we only have last night's show as experience but we are curious if that Kilamanjaro fastpass will keep us from getting ROL seats together if the reserved section starts to fill.

They've finally extended the AK park hours to 10:00 for the summer. It just seems to be one thing at a time. Of course they'll have the packages - it's a huge money grab for them...it's just annoying how they're not releasing them in a timely manner.

I agree

We have Fastpasses for Kilmanjaro from 6-7pm and will have preferred seats for ROL from the dining package. If we did Kilmanjaro right at 6 then went straight to Rivers of Light for the 7:15 show, will a party of 7 be able to be seated together? I know at this time we only have last night's show as experience but we are curious if that Kilamanjaro fastpass will keep us from getting ROL seats together if the reserved section starts to fill.

If it was me I would change the time of the safari FP. We got "stuck" at dusk behind some other safari trucks that had to stop for 20+ minutes for animals crossing the ride path. It's already one of the longer attractions and the wait even with fp+ can be a few minutes while they load vehicles ahead of you. You could end up missing ROL altogether if you had an experience like mine stuck waiting on animals to clear out.

Get to the line for the dining package entry as soon as you can - I don't think you will have an issue getting seats together as long as you don't walk up right at the last minute - these are bleacher-type seats and the CMs make you fill in and slide down, so your party should stay together.

I see the music CD is sold out on the app, but has anyone still seen it at the park? How long does it usually take to replenish something like this at WDW?
Definitely need to pick this up next week!!

I was planning on going to see ROL with my sister this Tuesday, but I'm hesitant with dealing with the opening week crowds. Trip was super last minute so we didn't get FP or DP. I figure I'll wait for it to die down and I'll plan another trip to see it since we're AP's. Anyone here do the standby line yesterday?

Tried to find out how big theater is but CM didn't know.

She said they were already letting standby people in in bits and pieces (this was at 6:10). I asked if she knew how many standby would get in and she said it all depends on fast pass and finingvpackage people actually showing up but she said to get in line now

I said I had fastpass for later show and she said as long as I'm there in my window I'll get a seat but they will open line up a little before window at 7:50 for 8:30 show

Fast pass entrance across from everest

I see the music CD is sold out on the app, but has anyone still seen it at the park? How long does it usually take to replenish something like this at WDW?
Definitely need to pick this up next week!!
I haven't seen anyone have it the parks yet. Maybe they are listing it but it isn't out yet.

Can someone who has done dining (or know definitively) please relay what the specific return time is for the show on the tickets you get from the restaurant?

We are doing dining over Spring Break on the last night its at 7:15 PM (before Daylight Savings Time), but were hoping to do Lion King at 6PM. Lion King is 30 minutes, so it's making me nervous we'd have enough time to cut through crowds and make the cutoff time with a little comfort. My understanding is it doesn't really pay to queue for a spot early (if you have the dining reserved status), but it'd be great to know how many minutes you have before the show to ensure entry.

Well that was really really good! I enjoyed it thoroughly! It was a thousand times better than jungle book crap. Granted it isn't HDTV but I could see sooooo much more on water screens than jungle book. I thought the boats and performers were useless but there was just so much to look at. Overall entertaining show!

Fastpasser is here also I believe
Yes I was, but this time I was there as a guest and looked at it from that perspective, which hardly ever happens.
Tried to find out how big theater is but CM didn't know.
I've been told that there is seating for 2300 on one side and 2700 on the other, 5000 total. (Edited, had 6k instead of a 5k) Hey, I never said I was good in math. Actually, just hit the wrong key.
Lots of people were lined up for fastpass way early for second show.
Yes, way too early. That compels others to get in line as well. I wanted to be as close to the bridge as possible so I was forced to get in line 45 minutes before the show.
Well that was really really good! I enjoyed it thoroughly!
Glad you enjoyed it. That seems to be the overwhelming response. Lots of applause and praise. The people I was with loved it.

Last edited:
I don't think 0-10 rating scale is good for this.
Agreed.

A quote from the article Rteetz linked.
“Rivers of Light” is a fantastic addition to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It is a gorgeous piece of showmanship–given to us by Disney Imagineering–that fits beautifully within the context of a very unique park.

Couldn't have said it better. It's a must see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter