*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been told that there is seating for 2300 on one side and 2700 on the other, 6000 total
How many guests do you feel can fit into the SRO areas? Would it be worth it to be in that area if Standby seating was filled?

Yes I was, but this time I was there as a guest and looked at it from that perspective, which hardly ever happens.
I've been told that there is seating for 2300 on one side and 2700 on the other, 6000 total.
Yes, way too early. That compels others to get in line as well. I wanted to be as close to the bridge as possible so I was forced to get in line 45 minutes before the show.
Glad you enjoyed it. That seems to be the overwhelming response. Lots of applause and praise. The people I was with loved it.

Ah thanks for info on number of seats.

After riding Everest three times in a row, I too joined fast pass line way too early lol.

I sat in third row on the stone seats but they weren't as bad on the bum as I thought they would be

After riding Everest three times in a row
Speaking of EE. Someone posted earlier that FPs were not available around the time of the show. I don't know if that's actually the case, but EE was operating. The RoL soundtrack is loud enough to mostly drown out the screaming from EE. And what could be heard didn't detract from the show.

FPs not being available might be due to audience control concerns and not a noise issue. They're trying to potentially seat 6000 people and maybe don't want to deal with those trying to get to EE. For a while last night between shows, anyone approaching from the Africa direction were allowed into RoL/EE area only if they had a RoL FP. The rest were temporarily held back or diverted until the entrance lines were reduced. Anything to do with RoL is in a state of flux right now, so what is currently being done may not be what will be done next week. I felt that overall operations of the show are going well.

If it was me I would change the time of the safari FP. We got "stuck" at dusk behind some other safari trucks that had to stop for 20+ minutes for animals crossing the ride path. It's already one of the longer attractions and the wait even with fp+ can be a few minutes while they load vehicles ahead of you. You could end up missing ROL altogether if you had an experience like mine stuck waiting on animals to clear out.

Get to the line for the dining package entry as soon as you can - I don't think you will have an issue getting seats together as long as you don't walk up right at the last minute - these are bleacher-type seats and the CMs make you fill in and slide down, so your party should stay together.
Thanks for the reply! You are right, it isn't worth possibly missing ROL to do the 6-7pm Kilamjaro Safari fastpass. I was able to move us to 12:25-1:25 which will give us plenty of time. We were hoping to do the night time safari but it is looking like that isn't possible now if we for sure want to do ROL.

Last edited:
I was also there last night. 2nd time watching for me 1st for my DD16. I did not tell her anything about the show cause I wanted her to go into it with a clean mind. We had fps for the second show and were let in at around 8pm, I noticed that the standby area was not completely filled last night.
Walking over to fp door was interesting since so many people were standing at the fences by Everest, finally found the spot to wait.
The music that I found so relaxing and enjoyable caught my daughter off guard cause she plays a cd at night to sleep and it's very similar music, so she started getting sleepy before the show started, I found that super funny
Her impressions is that it was beautiful, she loved the depth aspect of the water projections and the play with light and water, she didn't find it boring but thought if it would've been longer she probably would have lost interest and she did pick up on the lack of story but still left the theater feeling uplifted. She thinks kids might get bored with it though

I have a FP for RoL on Feb. 28. The show is at 7:15. Any chance I can make it to the 7:50 Express Transportation bus to Epcot afterward? I'll be alone and can move quickly. Any tips that would help?

I have a FP for RoL on Feb. 28. The show is at 7:15. Any chance I can make it to the 7:50 Express Transportation bus to Epcot afterward? I'll be alone and can move quickly. Any tips that would help?
if you are a fast walker you could make it, the show is 15 minutes, I will say this, last night I was there when the first show exited and the CM were trying to get everyone to exit by going towards Finding Nemo and Dinoland, I'm assuming if you explain to them that you are trying to reach the bus they might let you go towards Asia but I'm not sure, also not sure if this is the exiting pattern when there are 2 shows only.

I was going to ask the same question! I am solo on March 4 and would love to get to the express bus to MK after seeing this. (I have to check the time for the last bus tho.... to MK they run on the hour and 30, I think)

I'm not sure, also not sure if this is the exiting pattern when there are 2 shows only.
I guess because the park has been closed for 45 minutes by the end of the 2nd show, and they're not having to deal with the next show's crowds arriving, there was no restriction on going in the opposite direction to the Asia bridge.

Can someone who has done dining (or know definitively) please relay what the specific return time is for the show on the tickets you get from the restaurant?

We are doing dining over Spring Break on the last night its at 7:15 PM (before Daylight Savings Time), but were hoping to do Lion King at 6PM. Lion King is 30 minutes, so it's making me nervous we'd have enough time to cut through crowds and make the cutoff time with a little comfort. My understanding is it doesn't really pay to queue for a spot early (if you have the dining reserved status), but it'd be great to know how many minutes you have before the show to ensure entry.

We had dining package tickets last night for the 7 15 show and got our seats at 6 50. Granted it was tight and there wasn't much seating left, but for the 3 of us it worked.

if you are a fast walker you could make it, the show is 15 minutes, I will say this, last night I was there when the first show exited and the CM were trying to get everyone to exit by going towards Finding Nemo and Dinoland, I'm assuming if you explain to them that you are trying to reach the bus they might let you go towards Asia but I'm not sure, also not sure if this is the exiting pattern when there are 2 shows only.
Is it definitely a quicker route back to the express bus in Africa to go through Asia or back through Dinoland and via discover island?

Thanks, all.

I was also thinking it will be much quicker to exit through Asia.

I can definitely move quickly when I'm on my own, so I'll give it a try. I'll report back!

We had dining package tickets last night for the 7 15 show and got our seats at 6 50. Granted it was tight and there wasn't much seating left, but for the 3 of us it worked.

This is great knowledge, thanks!

I did see that on the official page that they've updated for RoL it says to arrive 15 to 35 minutes before the show if you have the dining package. So for a 715 show, that would back out to a window of 640 to 700.

If you arrived at 650 and there was not much left, that does seem to imply showing up on the late side of the window has some significant risk, especially if the crowds are much busier during Spring Break.

Sounds like unless you have an all adult party that can sprint (and won't need an emergency bathroom break) from Lion King, doing the 600 showing is too risky when considering it's not just the distance, but also the crowds and trying to ensure you're able to get to (and able to find) the location for the dining entrance.

Also, one question I'm wondering about: how "secure" is the dining seating area? Is there a chance folks (inadvertently or blatantly) could slip in during seating to the point that even if they have seating for all dining guests, some scofflaws could take up space in this area?

What to do, what to do... Dh and I are going to WDW over Easter Week, staying offsite. We are doing AK in the morning (rope drop) and HS in the afternoon on April 11th. I want to save my FPs for HS, so won't prebook one for ROL (will there even be any left at 30 days?). I am thinking of chancing standby. There are 2 shows that night (8:30 and 9:45, park closes at 9:30). OR.... I could book a late breakfast ROL dining package at Tusker House (don't know which show I'd be assigned), rope drop AK, ride rides, have a late breakfast, hop to HS ride rides, use my FPs, have dinner, hop back to AK for ROL dining package seating. We have a car, so transportation won't be an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter