*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have FPs for Rivers of Light in about ten days. What does this mean for our seating? I saw the diagram of seats posted above. Is there a FP specific seating area?

We have FPs for Rivers of Light in about ten days. What does this mean for our seating? I saw the diagram of seats posted above. Is there a FP specific seating area?
The Map in Post #1 of this thread designates the FP seating as being the complete "Asia side."

I'm really excited to try to see this in September. However, I'm having such a conundrum about whether to book a dining package with Tusker House breakfast or try to get a FP. We aren't huge AK fans, but we were planning 2 half days: one in the morning and one in the evening. It's so hard when you don't know the dates/times of the show and the ADR window is about to open.

I'm really excited to try to see this in September. However, I'm having such a conundrum about whether to book a dining package with Tusker House breakfast or try to get a FP. We aren't huge AK fans, but we were planning 2 half days: one in the morning and one in the evening. It's so hard when you don't know the dates/times of the show and the ADR window is about to open.

If you were already planning on eating inside the park, then do the Dining package. If you really don't want to eat inside the park, then do FP.

I'd say the same for Fantasmic. I would never force myself to do one of the dining packages if it wasn't already in our plans to eat in that park at one of those places beforehand

Tough one. The dining packages are so pricey! I think we have decided on Fast Pass so that we can dine the way we want (we usually just do muffins/cereal in the room for breakfast). I have a hard time spending the extra money when Fast Pass is free.

I heard a rumor that there would be more ROL dates added for March other than the three times per week. This isn't showing up in the MDX app...anyone else hear this? We are traveling to AK on Friday, March 31st...currently no show :( Booked everything before they announced the opening and we couldn't move our dining or FP+ around at that time...Thanks!

Hello,

I am going to WDW in early April. During my stay there are only 2 ROL offerings (Sunday 4/2 and 4/4). I did not FP+ ROL but would like to see it. What time would I need to get in line for an 8:45 show to get in?
Thanks

So, based on some concerning information here where the Dining area seems to be filled (or very close to it) well before the 15-35 minute return info from the package, I took the liberty of emailing the guest services department (after googling around for it) to ask about whether there was a risk of being shut-out if not showing up well ahead of this time.

We have one for Saturday, so wanted to get the scoop for myself.

I then get a call back from a nice lady to clarify, and telling me that she'll fully research it and get back to me. She missed me this weekend, and sent a professional email to call her back to talk (with a direct number-- point being I think this woman is very credible with the information and not just some random CSR when calling the main customer service number who may not have the authority or knowledge to give an accurate answer). Everything very meticulous and systemic in my interaction, which I think is a good sign.

I talked to her today, and she was very clear that people with the dining package WILL have guaranteed entry to that section as long as they meet the window provided (which again I think is 15-35 minutes prior to show).

Now, I'm sure as heck not going to be showing up just 15 minutes early, but the official position seems to be that they are not over-selling the dining packages relative to the seating.

So, take it for what it's worth. At a minimum, I do believe that they did do a cursory check of their processes and they don't think there's been a problem and shouldn't be a problem.

She did ask me specifically if I had heard anyone who was actually turned away, so if someone does know of anyone, let me know.

I heard a rumor that there would be more ROL dates added for March other than the three times per week. This isn't showing up in the MDX app...anyone else hear this? We are traveling to AK on Friday, March 31st...currently no show :( Booked everything before they announced the opening and we couldn't move our dining or FP+ around at that time...Thanks!

We're basically in the same boat (don't want to move other stuff around so it's March 31 or bust for us).

We'll book a ROL dinner package at Tiffins if this date ever opens up.

I saw the chart on where each group sits. Hoping to get insight on if we would get better seats with a Fast Pass or a dining package. We currently have two reservations for the ROL dining package - one for Tiffins at 3pm and one for Tusker House at 4:30 on May9th. We haven't eaten at either place and we are currently undecided. But I plan on getting up tomorrow at 4am PST when our Fast Pass window opens up to try to get a ROL Fast Pass. I would like to use whichever medium will get us the best seats. Any advice? Also, since we haven't eaten at either restaurant, would like to hear which one is liked best. Thanks!

Hello,

I am going to WDW in early April. During my stay there are only 2 ROL offerings (Sunday 4/2 and 4/4). I did not FP+ ROL but would like to see it. What time would I need to get in line for an 8:45 show to get in?
Thanks
Merged you to the main RoL thread where there are reviews and Standby info.

We saw Rivers of Light this last Saturday with a lunch package at Tusker. Show was at 7:15 but we saw standby area starting to fill at 5:45 so headed on over. Got seate in about the 4th row up with excellent view. We waited 1 1/4 hrs. passing the time chatting with our neighbors! Dining area was thankfully not packed in so it was comfortable. It looked like they filled in fat passes one section at a time, so no mad rush for seats. The show was great!

We had FP+ and got our desired seating location by entering the theater around 6:30 for a 7:15 show. We did not have to wait in line to scan magic bands, so we basically arrived after they had let the initial line in. Here is a look across the lagoon at the Dinoland side (for standby and dining packages). It looked pretty full already and this picture was taken at 6:41 for a 7:15 ROL show. If I do the dining package on my next trip I will be in line much earlier than for FP+. Edited to add that this was Saturday, March 4. Looks like the previous poster is in my picture :thumbsup2

FZLyfh7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter