• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my package today. I check daily and this was the first time availability showed up. I had a choice of breakfast or the dinner package at either Tiffins or TH. July 27- August 2 time frame...they must have opened up more packages today.

So breakfast ROL dining package opened up for Tusker House, so cancelled my regular ADR and replaced with ROL package for Sept 23. However, I noticed that it simply states "1st showing", no actual time? And the ROL is not scheduled for all days of the week..... seems to be the same days as MNSSHP. UGH! That's frustrating for people only going for 2-4 days. Hopefully for us we can do ROL on Saturday and MNSSHP on Sunday. Maybe they will open more days for ROL in Sept.

Today is one of the best day ever for months! First, MNSSHP party dates announced as speculated and I get to attend two parties as planned. Then I checked the ROL dining package and finally scored lunch reservation at Tiffins on August 27! It's for the first viewing. I always hope that we get to choose which show to attend since I prefer the second show. But this is ok. Now I am all set to go except that I have to figure out costumes for DD19. This can be tough!

Have fun planning!!

You can get a FP easily at 60 day mark. We got ours in feb about 2 weeks out.

Dining package cost is about $8 more per person vs just regularly eating at the restaurant

That is the price at Tusker. For Tiffins, it is a fixed price for appetizer, entrée, beverage, and dessert. Depending upon what you order, it could work out to be cheaper to get the package.

Need advice. We have TH/ROL for 9/28 at 9:45am. Park opens at 9am. Would we be able to get in early for the breakfast?

Need advice. We have TH/ROL for 9/28 at 9:45am. Park opens at 9am. Would we be able to get in early for the breakfast?

Do you mean are they likely to seat you before 9:45 or if they will let you into the park before opening for your breakfast?

Being sat early? - Maybe, but might not be by much. I have not ate at TH yet, but at other restaurants, it is not usually more than 10 minutes earlier. I know that I have been by TH at that time of day and there are a number of people outside waiting.

Getting into the park early? - No, as far as I have found, even those with 9:00 am cannot get in before the parks open, only those with 8-8:55 usually get in.

I got a ROL dining package for Dinner on August 25th at Tusker House. Very happy. Now I just need to get a BOG lunch or dinner, but I'm not holding my breath.

I got a ROL dining package for Dinner on August 25th at Tusker House. Very happy. Now I just need to get a BOG lunch or dinner, but I'm not holding my breath.
Use a reservation finder service. There's Touring Plans and Mouse Dining.

I've decided that no matter where I eat, it's all good. That way I'm not disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I still try for a few of my favorites, but...oh well...if I don't get them. It's a Disney Vacation...I'm psyched!

Thanks. I'll look into it.
Touring plans will look like you have to pay for a membership but you don't. You'll have to look around for a basic access membership. I paid so I don't know exactly where it's located.

FINALLY! After seeing this week that others were getting the ROL dining package at TH for the beginning of August, I was finally able to get one. I have called every day this week trying to get lunch on August 11th, but each time was told by the CM that the times hadn't been released. But now I finally got it!! I'm not thrilled about the time, 2:50pm, but it's for a party of 16 so I figure I'm lucky to get anything. I will keep trying though to get an earlier lunch time. I really didn't want to use a FP+ for ROL, so I was willing to take any time and work around it.

Pretty sure the metal is just the framing and the actual bench portion is wood. The stone just radiated heat and I ended up using a poncho so my legs didn't burn when we saw an earlier Jungle Book show last summer. We've stuck with the metal/wood since.
I have only read through last few pages so hope I'm not missing something. What sections are the wood seats in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter