***Official SEPTEMBER 2021 Check in Thread

I’m starting to get a bit nervous. We have 30 current positive cases at my (and my sons) elementary school… and growing in just 2.5 weeks! My son and I have rescheduled this trip 4 times and it’s gonna be so hard for him if something happens! Fingers crossed we can make it and stay healthy!,

How did you get the LL reservation??

I keep seeing nothing available.
I got mine by using one of the dining reservation notification websites. The trick to them is that they just let you know when availability pops up by sending you e-mail (or other notification), so you have to hop on quickly after the notification. They sent me two notifications for two different days I was okay with. By the time I booked one, the other was gone.

My adult daughter and I will be there Sat 9/11 - Tues 9/14, staying at the Desert Palms for the first time. We have 2-day single park tickets and park rezzies at DL for the 11th and 13th. We have Oogie Boogie Bash tix for the 12th and we're Disney-bounding as Pooh & Piglet. :-) We plan to go in right at 3 and hit as many rides as possible since that'll be our only day at DCA this trip. We have a Cafe Orleans rez for dinner on the 11th (and I'm way too excited about the Monte Cristo. It's been 2 years!! ) We'll end our short trip at Storyteller's character breakfast on the 14th before heading home.

Last min trip for us after cancelling our Disney Cruise over Thanksgiving. We are celebrating our baby girl turning the big ONE :love1: Big Brother also can’t wait to see all the superheroes and princesses. Last time we went to DL was when he was ONE in 2019.

9/6 to 9/12 staying at DLH first 4 nights then hopping over to the new Westin. Gonna Oogie Boogie Sept 9!

Scored awesome reservations-
Plaza Inn, Storytellers, and Goofys breakfasts!
Lamplight, Blue Bayou, and Storytellers lunches and dinners among others! Now just how can we get into Trader Sams..

Beyond excited! Last trip we went on was Disneyworld and our cruise in March 2020, we were one of the last ships to go out before they shut down. We love Disney here and can’t believe it took me this long to join this forum.

Well, originally we were doing HHN in Florida for my birthday but due to the rise in cases, we canceled. I was devastated as this year has been rough and my husband spent so much time trying to plan such a sweet birthday trip. But yesterday, my husband surprised me and announced we’ll be going to Disneyland instead. I guess he was contemplating it as a backup. September 15-19th, staying at Fairfield. I can’t wait to be in the parks to celebrate. 😍😍😍.

Well, originally we were doing HHN in Florida for my birthday but due to the rise in cases, we canceled. I was devastated as this year has been rough and my husband spent so much time trying to plan such a sweet birthday trip. But yesterday, my husband surprised me and announced we’ll be going to Disneyland instead. I guess he was contemplating it as a backup. September 15-19th, staying at Fairfield. I can’t wait to be in the parks to celebrate. 😍😍😍.
That’s exactly what I did! Cancelled HHN in FL and figured out I could go to DL for about the same amount.

Does anyone need Oga’s on 9/20 (2:50) or 9/21 (4:40)? I have a couple to throw back now that we’ve finalized some plans… let me know and I can try to do it at a certain time…

ETA - for 2 people

Finalizing plans, and I'm ready to throw back the following --
  • Blue Bayou, 4 people, 9/13 - 8:30 pm
  • Lamplight Lounge, 2 people, 9/14 - 12:05 pm
  • Carthay Circle, 2 people, 9/17 - 7:40 pm
Message me to coordinate, otherwise I'll throw these back on Thursday the 2nd.

Last edited:
We fly in the morning of Sept 16th & fly home late on Sept 19th. Booked The Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel through Hotwire. We got our Oogie Boogie Bash tickets for the 16th. Hoping we can buy our Magic Keys on the 25th and then get park reservations for the 17th, 18th & 19th. The trip is to celebrate my husband’s 45th birthday so we splurged a bit- reservations for Carthay Circle dinner, Lamplight Lounge brunch & lunch, and Savi’s Workshop. Trying not to stress too much about the park reservations but honestly thinking about it every dang day and wish it was just the 25th already.
Whew, we got all our dates just fine. Now time to plan out our costumes and Disney bounds :)

I’m starting to get a bit nervous. We have 30 current positive cases at my (and my sons) elementary school… and growing in just 2.5 weeks! My son and I have rescheduled this trip 4 times and it’s gonna be so hard for him if something happens! Fingers crossed we can make it and stay healthy!,
Feel ya-- they are dropping like flies at my work--I'm just going to be the most antisocial person ever for the next week until we go.

Any thoughts on how crowded this holiday weekend is likely to be? We'll be arriving Friday and leaving Tuesday. Labor Day weekend has been historically packed when we go, but I've been reading all these low crowd posts with hope--possibly unrealistic hope :) Getting excited. Our daughter is flying in today from the UK for the first time in a year having just finished her Masters degree. Celebrating that and her 22nd birthday.

I just wanted to pop into our thread and say Happy September to everyone! We are so close! A week from today I'll be strolling Main Street. I could almost cry!

We went to WDW in April and it was lovely, but nothing compares to DL. I wish everyone safe and happy travels. It's Halloween time!!!

Just a heads up that they just released reservations for the Magic Key Terrace for a bunch of dates in September. (You can only visit if you’re a Magic Keyholder.)

We we’re able to grab a reservation for our trip. Got so many yummy dining reservations booked and then they released the Halloween Foodie Guide and I’m wondering how we are going to eat it all? ;)

We will be there (Family of 5 and my mom) Sept 26 - Oct 2nd. Can't wait!
If you want I can add your hotel with your username and dates too? Also, if you're going to Oogie Boogie let me know the date too and a I can add that as well! Have a great vacation!

If you want I can add your hotel with your username and dates too? Also, if you're going to Oogie Boogie let me know the date too and a I can add that as well! Have a great vacation!
We are staying at a VRBO across the street to no hotel name to add! Thanks though!

Just popping in to say we’re here now and it’s been fabulous! Wait times are so low and everyone has been very happy and compliant with the mask rules. We were able to get boarding groups for Web Slingers and Rise yesterday! Boarding groups have been lasting well past the 7am and 12:00pm drop times this week. Tomorrow is our last day and we fly home Saturday but it’s been a lovely time so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter